PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Ezio being over 50 in AC:R

samuelcd1997
05-10-2011, 01:45 PM
I am surprised that he is over 50 and still able to run and climb up buildings :P
You can defintely see he looks older in one of the screenshots we have.
Didn't AC2 take up like a space of 13 (EDIT: 23) odd years (correct me if I'm wrong)
Could we be playing as Ezio in his 60s? o_O
What I am slightly worried about is them maybe Ezio old and grumpy, rather than his usual jokey self (Most of the time)
I mean, look at the screenshot. He doesn't look very happy.

samuelcd1997
05-10-2011, 01:45 PM
I am surprised that he is over 50 and still able to run and climb up buildings :P
You can defintely see he looks older in one of the screenshots we have.
Didn't AC2 take up like a space of 13 (EDIT: 23) odd years (correct me if I'm wrong)
Could we be playing as Ezio in his 60s? o_O
What I am slightly worried about is them maybe Ezio old and grumpy, rather than his usual jokey self (Most of the time)
I mean, look at the screenshot. He doesn't look very happy.

persiateddy95
05-10-2011, 01:53 PM
AC2 took a space of 23 years, from 1476 to 1499.

Drakonous505
05-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm fine with it. It's interesting to play Ezio from birth to death (Note we probably won't see him die at least not through his eyes.)

samuelcd1997
05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
AC2 took a space of 23 years, from 1476 to 1499. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blimey!

AronAssassin68
05-10-2011, 01:58 PM
I think if you're working as an Assassin non stop you can still be quite vital in your 50's. The weirdest thing about it in my opinion is, even though it's perfectly possible, is that he still has to go have a child sometime soon. Really hope that they show us who it will be with anyhowhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif!

persiateddy95
05-10-2011, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drakonous505:
I'm fine with it. It's interesting to play Ezio from birth to death (Note we probably won't see him die at least not through his eyes.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's obvious we won't, lol.

Before dying he will have to have a child, and when he does we won't be able to continue after him. And so we won't see him die.

misterB2001
05-10-2011, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drakonous505:
I'm fine with it. It's interesting to play Ezio from birth to death (Note we probably won't see him die at least not through his eyes.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before dying he will have to have a child, and when he does we won't be able to continue after him. And so we won't see him die. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>strictly speaking thats not necessarily true. If Altair can leave segments of his history in these 'seal' things then maybe ezio could too?

all he would have to do is have one with him when he died and have Desmond find it in the future. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

eagleforlife1
05-10-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm fine with playing as Ezio in his 50s but I just wish they would implement some limitations on hime. Such as not being able to climb as well as before (maybe having to enter buildings by smashing lower floor windows) and lower sprint speed.

AntiChrist7
05-10-2011, 02:43 PM
someone pointed out that ezio is still a descendant from twcb, and humans. so that may explain why is able to keep going even at an older age.

i like the explaination (its no official one, but i like it)

persiateddy95
05-10-2011, 03:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by misterB2001:

Before dying he will have to have a child, and when he does we won't be able to continue after him. And so we won't see him die. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>strictly speaking thats not necessarily true. If Altair can leave segments of his history in these 'seal' things then maybe ezio could too?

all he would have to do is have one with him when he died and have Desmond find it in the future. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But I was talking about through the Animus. And with those seals it would mean Desmond would have to find them, 500 years later...

itsamea-mario
05-10-2011, 03:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by misterB2001:

all he would have to do is have one with him when he died and have Desmond find it in the future. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How'd he leave them there if he's dead?

I don't mind him being 50+ think it might be better actually.

SleezeRocker
05-10-2011, 03:36 PM
I don't care, give me ACR now lol

the_atm
05-10-2011, 04:21 PM
all i can say is him being 50+ i just really hope that Ubisoft is as smart as i know/hope they are and make him have a climbing style similar to Altair. i mean he's old, he was to watch his back, and he will get winded easily, so maybe not a full on sprint but like a run. just make him seem older, not such flambointed moves, but that's my opinion

dchil279
05-10-2011, 07:14 PM

Or if his son or daughter witnessed his death

Azugo
05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
someone pointed out that ezio is still a descendant from twcb, and humans. so that may explain why is able to keep going even at an older age.

i like the explaination (its no official one, but i like it) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Granted, it is possible that somebody (with no kind of super-extraterrestrial origin) could still run, jump and all that at the age of 50, but free-running?

You would think that he would be starting to get alot of aching, and just general soreness by now, especially since he's been doing all he has been doing for near-30 years.

Fairus60
05-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I have to be honest here, so I originally felt that the idea sucked. I was like "really!? OH COME ON!!!" But then I remembered MGS4. I had the same thoughts on Old Snake too, and now it is one of my favorite games to date. So now Im fine with it. But indeed Id like to see how age has affected Ezio. Snake couldnt do a few of the things he was able to in previous MGS games because of his accelerated aging, so Id like to see something similar here.
But not quite exaggerated. I dont want to see Ezio groan every 5 seconds because he wants his pudding...

odovoro
05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
meh whatever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif let's just say it's not a surprise
been there done that in other games that is *cough* Metal Gear *cough*

roostersrule2
05-11-2011, 01:44 AM
ezios has now gotten 30% faster because of the hook blade so age can not weary him

samuelcd1997
05-11-2011, 08:59 AM
But guys what if Ezio gets more grumpy and less smirky/jokey in his old age? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ThaWhistle
05-11-2011, 10:29 AM
I bet by the end of the game Ezio will be sitting at the assassins hide out staring proudly at his 1472 Gran Turino while telling the local turkish hooligans to get off his lawn.

Inorganic9_2
05-11-2011, 11:23 AM
It's not so crazy, actually. The Grandfather Master of my kung fu style was 85 and could still teach kung fu and easily smash through a marble table top.

GunnarGunderson
05-11-2011, 02:48 PM
People will probably start calling him Serpente Antico and him and Leonardo will adopt a small roman child named Suneus

lilbacchant
05-11-2011, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
I bet by the end of the game Ezio will be sitting at the assassins hide out staring proudly at his 1472 Gran Turino while telling the local turkish hooligans to get off his lawn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
Priceless!

SpyderNynja
05-12-2011, 09:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilbacchant:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
I bet by the end of the game Ezio will be sitting at the assassins hide out staring proudly at his 1472 Gran Turino while telling the local turkish hooligans to get off his lawn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Priceless!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

DualFace
05-12-2011, 11:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:
Granted, it is possible that somebody (with no kind of super-extraterrestrial origin) could still run, jump and all that at the age of 50, but free-running?

You would think that he would be starting to get alot of aching, and just general soreness by now, especially since he's been doing all he has been doing for near-30 years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You ought to read the latest GI, or even go to GameInformer's website and watch their latest
3 part video/interviews. The magazine itself specifically makes note of Ezio, yes, being
older. Despite the fact that he's 50+, Ubisoft has put him in this game at his absolute
pinnacle of skills/attributes.

I'm not worried about the guy. ACII-Learner. AII:B-Master. ACII:Revelations-Mentor. Ezio
is in the shape of his life. Ezio's been active his entire life. There's zero reason for
anyone to assume he would be in need of a walker/cane/ect.

Todays example, meet Dr.Jeffry Life MD. He's 72:
http://ruembarrassed.com/Blog/2008/December/abs.jpg