PDA

View Full Version : will we be able to travel to different cities?

Sarari
10-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Will we be allowed to travel to different cities in ACR? Because in ACB, you couldn't do that, and since ACB was an add-on chapter to the game, I was wondering if you won't be able to travel to different cities in ACR because it is also an add-on chapter to the game.

Also, if we will be allowed to travel to different cities, will it be allowed during the story or only after we beat it?

Sarari
10-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Will we be allowed to travel to different cities in ACR? Because in ACB, you couldn't do that, and since ACB was an add-on chapter to the game, I was wondering if you won't be able to travel to different cities in ACR because it is also an add-on chapter to the game.

Also, if we will be allowed to travel to different cities, will it be allowed during the story or only after we beat it?

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 05:50 PM
ACB isn't an 'add-on'.

It's a full game, and so is ACR.

And there are currently 4 confirmed cities we can free roam in the game. Constantinople, Masyaf, Hama, and Cappadocia.

Sarari
10-03-2011, 05:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
ACB isn't an 'add-on'.

And there are currently 4 confirmed cities we can free roam in the game. Constantinople, Masyaf, Hama, and Cappadocia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ok thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And when I ment add-on, I didn't mean it as an unimportant part of the story. It's a chapter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also, don't we go to Rhodes,Greece?

kalo.yanis
10-03-2011, 06:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

Also, don't we go to Rhodes,Greece? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just a multiplayer map, AFAIK.

Sarari
10-03-2011, 06:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NBST:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

That's just a multiplayer map, AFAIK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
afaik?

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 06:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
ACB isn't an 'add-on'.

And there are currently 4 confirmed cities we can free roam in the game. Constantinople, Masyaf, Hama, and Cappadocia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And when I ment add-on, I didn't mean it as an unimportant part of the story. It's a chapter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AC1 and AC2 are also chapters you could say.

Sarari
10-03-2011, 06:07 PM
ACB isn't an 'add-on'.

AC1 and AC2 are also chapters you could say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well technically, they're "books". Each game that doesn't have a number but just a name like ACB or ACR, that means it's a "chapter" within the "book" lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

flyingeaglemile
10-03-2011, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NBST:

That's just a multiplayer map, AFAIK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
afaik? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As far as I know

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 06:16 PM
ACB isn't an 'add-on'.

AC1 and AC2 are also chapters you could say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well technically, they're "books". Each game that doesn't have a number but just a name like ACB or ACR, that means it's a "chapter" within the "book" lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really. The whole series is the book, the games are the chapter. ACB is equal to AC1 and AC2, so...

Sarari
10-03-2011, 06:19 PM
k

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 06:21 PM
...that was a very useful post indeed.

Sarari
10-03-2011, 06:56 PM
...that was a very useful post indeed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So was the one you just posted.

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Is this really what you want to do?

Sarari
10-03-2011, 07:08 PM
lol you started it :P

But thanks for the info http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jexx21
10-03-2011, 07:13 PM
I started it?

Your the one who made a post that just said

'k'

Sarari
10-03-2011, 07:18 PM
I said that to show you that I got the message through. And didn't you see me put ":P"? That means joking.

Can you not take this so seriously?...

Iskander_Estel
10-04-2011, 04:23 AM
come on people let's face it... ACB was dlc in a disc, and ACR was original intended to be a 3DS game... so they're additions to AC2.

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 04:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
come on people let's face it... ACB was dlc in a disc, and ACR was original intended to be a 3DS game... so they're additions to AC2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, only part of ACR was going to be a 3DS game, but the higher ups decided it to be added on to the main game to generate more revenue.

And if ACB was DLC on a disk (which are called expansions, and I downloaded it's 10 GB off of Steam), then it was better than both AC1 and AC2 and I want more of it.

Face it, they are both very much main games and not additions. They are adding so much to the mechanics it's not even funny. It's just awesome :P.

TorQue1988
10-04-2011, 04:59 AM
Hama? when was that confirmed?

eagleforlife1
10-04-2011, 05:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
come on people let's face it... ACB was dlc in a disc, and ACR was original intended to be a 3DS game... so they're additions to AC2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, only part of ACR was going to be a 3DS game, but the higher ups decided it to be added on to the main game to generate more revenue.

And if ACB was DLC on a disk (which are called expansions, and I downloaded it's 10 GB off of Steam), then it was better than both AC1 and AC2 and I want more of it.

Face it, they are both very much main games and not additions. They are adding so much to the mechanics it's not even funny. It's just awesome :P. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Almost spot on. Apart from where you said Brotherhood was better than AC2. It's not a patch on it, IMO of course.

VictorAviram123
10-04-2011, 06:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorQue1988:
Hama? when was that confirmed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was confirmed that the village outside the castle of Masayf will be a free-roam place and someone did a research and found that that village name ia Hama.

LightRey
10-04-2011, 08:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VictorAviram123:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorQue1988:
Hama? when was that confirmed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was confirmed that the village outside the castle of Masayf will be a free-roam place and someone did a research and found that that village name ia Hama. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well technically it hasn't officially been confirmed that the village is Hama, but they look so much alike it seems very likely.

Toxotes47
10-04-2011, 12:51 PM
So no Acre............... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 01:29 PM

ACB had enough content that it was definately not just an add-on, and with ACR the development process has been streamlined enough that they now have more people than ever working on it, AND only part of ACR was intended to be a 3ds game. They have always been considering doing ACB and ACR, game development never has stuff like that set in stone, though.

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taxotes319:
So no Acre............... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We don't know if we'll see Acre, actually. All we know is what is confirmed.

Sarari
10-04-2011, 02:35 PM
I know you guys said we'll be able to free-roam the Masyaf village, but will we be able to go to the castle?

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 02:39 PM
I know you guys said we'll be able to free-roam the Masyaf village, but will we be able to go to the castle? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think that Masyaf and the castle will all be open.

Sarari
10-04-2011, 02:43 PM
YES!!! When I saw Ezio standing on the ledge or whatever in the newest story trailer, I had a feeling we would be able to go back to it.

lukaszep
10-04-2011, 03:00 PM

What dlc have you bought that lasted 8+ hours, just in the story mode?

Animuses
10-04-2011, 03:04 PM
The actual story is not 8+ hours.

LightRey
10-04-2011, 03:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
The actual story is not 8+ hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Shouldn't be far from it. Especially for the average gamer.

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
Shouldn't be far from it. Especially for the average gamer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, Brotherhood? The average person/reviewer finished it in about 15-18 hours, which is a drop from AC2's average of 20-24, but not that much.

Definately not DLC length, though.

LightRey
10-04-2011, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

What, Brotherhood? The average person/reviewer finished it in about 15-18 hours, which is a drop from AC2's average of 20-24, but not that much.

Definately not DLC length, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just the story or story + side missions?

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 04:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

Just the story or story + side missions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Story plus the main side missions (Romulous lairs/tombs)

Animuses
10-04-2011, 04:17 PM
The 6 Romulus Lairs do not add 10+ hours of gameplay.

kriegerdesgottes
10-04-2011, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:

What dlc have you bought that lasted 8+ hours, just in the story mode? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RDR Zombie dlc. I hate zombie stuff but that was by far the best made dlc I've ever seen.

TorQue1988
10-04-2011, 05:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
What dlc have you bought that lasted 8+ hours, just in the story mode? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How about GTA 4: Liberty City Stories?...it was huge.

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 05:15 PM
The 6 Romulus Lairs do not add 10+ hours of gameplay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't say they did. They add about 3 hours at most. Most people took about 12 hours to beat the story alone.

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 05:15 PM

Just the story or story + side missions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With ACB story + side missions + 100% syncs + collectables I took 40 hours.

For AC2 with story + side missions + collectables (all there is) I took 40 hours.

With AC1 with story + side missions but without collectables I took 30 hours.

If you do all there is, I'm guessing most AC games are around 40 hours.

I personally also do a lot of just exploring and free roaming out side of anything just because I like to explore the world, so maybe that elevates my time.

Sarari
10-04-2011, 05:29 PM
ACB took me 2 days to beat it......and I didn't play it much. I got 100 sync in everything on day 3. Except for the war machine that's on wheels. That took me forever to get perfect sync on it. But overall it was very short.

In ACR, I hope the story is very long and if it's not, I'm kinda ok with it cause there are more maps to explore.

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 05:35 PM
I hope you know that days aren't a great measurement of time for how long it took you to play a game.

And overall it was as long as AC2 and longer than AC1 -_-

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I dunno, I remember AC2 taking a lot more time.

I played through both again recently, and neither is very short, even if you just do story stuff.

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 05:42 PM
I meant in over-all playing time if you did absolutely everything there was to do in the memory. That doesn't include multiplayer or the VR room, just the stuff that's on the timeline of the game and the extra memories that don't really count to full sync, like the Guild Challenges and Borgia flags.

Sarari
10-04-2011, 07:40 PM
I meant in over-all playing time if you did absolutely everything there was to do in the memory. That doesn't include multiplayer or the VR room, just the stuff that's on the timeline of the game and the extra memories that don't really count to full sync, like the Guild Challenges and Borgia flags. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
AC2 took the longest for me, then AC1, and last ACB.

I don't know how many hours it took but it took me about a week to beat AC2 without all the feathers and stuff, because of school.

It took me about a week and a half to beat AC1, because it was my first time playing it, and till this day I only found all flags in kingdom, jerusalem, and all templars.

ACB took me at the most about a week, to find everything, rebuild the city, get full sync, and whatever else there was. It was definitely not as long as AC2 and not longer than AC1.