PDA

View Full Version : Tir2 tip (for the techno-geeks)

BaldieJr
08-29-2005, 02:31 PM
This is actually an easy tip, I just dont remember the exact name of the registry key to change.

There is a key for smoothing. Mine was at "1". I changed it to "2".

Please post your results. I changed some other stuff at the same time so maybe my good fortune is unrelated to registry changes.

BaldieJr
08-29-2005, 02:31 PM
This is actually an easy tip, I just dont remember the exact name of the registry key to change.

There is a key for smoothing. Mine was at "1". I changed it to "2".

Please post your results. I changed some other stuff at the same time so maybe my good fortune is unrelated to registry changes.

SnapdLikeAMutha
08-29-2005, 02:35 PM
totally OT but your avatar is awesome!!

'we both know i'm training to be a cage-fighter'

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

TooCooL34
08-29-2005, 02:56 PM
I don't know the exact registry name but here's one of my tip.
Contrary to general beliefs, best driver for Tir2 is 3.03 that came with CD, NOT 3.13 which is advertised as best at naturalpoint homepage.
I got decent machine(amd64 3200, 1G, 6800gt)and my average fps in excellent is over 80 but I get constant micro-hiccups in 3.13 but complete smooth in 3.03.
Moreover, 3.03 has wider sensor angle than 3.13.
If someone is using 3.13 for Tir2, try 3.03 driver.
I think this is due to new Tir3 support in 3.13 which is not optimized for Tir2 sensor and this should be addressed. (thou I don't expect that much)
No problem with 3.13? then it's good you're blessed with insensibility.

Hiriyu
08-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the tips on 3.03. I'll have to try it out (again) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

han freak solo
08-30-2005, 10:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BaldieJr:

There is a key for smoothing. Mine was at "1". I changed it to "2". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, I'm counting on your memory for the tip to work. Please. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

han freak solo
08-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Buuuuump for BaldieJr.....

BaldieJr
08-30-2005, 07:40 PM
The key is "SmoothingMode". Its in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NaturalPoint\NaturalPoi nt\V3.13 GX

Don't forget to change "ViewLimiting" to "0".

Like I said, I made a lot of changes to my machine so my percieved performance increase may be related to those other changes.

han freak solo
08-31-2005, 07:04 AM
Thanks, Baldie! I'll give it a try tonight.

TgD Thunderbolt56
08-31-2005, 07:50 AM
"I caught you a delicous bass" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

TheGozr
08-31-2005, 10:30 AM
The track ir 2 become much smoother when using a ball of a 1" in size..

Not the track ir 3 pro.

Cdn.401GATOR
09-05-2005, 06:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TooCooL34:
Contrary to general beliefs, best driver for Tir2 is 3.03 that came with CD, NOT 3.13 which is advertised as best at naturalpoint homepage.
I got decent machine(amd64 3200, 1G, 6800gt)and my average fps in excellent is over 80 but I get constant micro-hiccups in 3.13 but complete smooth in 3.03.
I think this is due to new Tir3 support in 3.13 which is not optimized for Tir2 sensor and this should be addressed. (thou I don't expect that much)
No problem with 3.13? then it's good you're blessed with insensibility. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks TooCool.. You are too cool..

I dusted off the 3.03 software and installed it on my pc..

I had some trouble installing it, but eventually got it to work..

Looks like you were right about the smoothness issue and the increased range of the sensor

TooCooL34
09-07-2005, 02:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cdn.401GATOR:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TooCooL34:
No problem with 3.13? then it's good you're blessed with insensibility. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like you were right about the smoothness issue and the increased range of the sensor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah, didn't see that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I just hoped more Tir2 users aware of this problem and petition.
I'll post it on naturalpoint forum first.

Econom..
09-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Thanks 4 the great tip toocool!!
Its true ,track ir 2 works smoother with the driver from the cd. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Maddog1972
12-05-2005, 10:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cdn.401GATOR:

Looks like you were right about the smoothness issue and the increased range of the sensor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ah, didn't see that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I just hoped more Tir2 users aware of this problem and petition.
I'll post it on naturalpoint forum first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi!

I bought the track ir 2 in this month (second hand) without the CD...
Please where can I found this driver 3.03?
Can you mail me one?

Thanks
M

Splashh
12-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Some time ago I installed 3.13 version and I had some problems so reinstalled 3.03 from CD and changed driver for NaturalPoint TrackIR in Device Manager to the one included in the CD and it worked much better.

Anyway, in 3.13 there is a file with interesting information. Here it is. I was using ViewLimiting = 0, but now I don't know if it has some sense:

TrackIR Extended Feature Registry Settings

These features have been added to the software
but are not "officially supported", which is why
they are not present in the TrackIR Software's user
interface. Support for them is not guaranteed in
future software releases.

Editing the registry is discouraged and
NaturalPoint Inc. takes no responsibility or liability
for any damage caused by users editing the registry
on their computer.

TrackIR root key location will be found under :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NaturalPoint\NaturalPoi nt

The key name will be the version of the trackir
software, for instance "V3.11 GX" for 3.11

* External re-centering
Added : version 3.11
Some TrackIR Enhanced games will periodically re-center the TrackIR
for the users (for instance upon starting the game). The user may use
this setting to disable external re-centering.
registry key name : "AllowGameReCenter"
registry key values : "1" = allow external re-centering by games (default)
"0" = disable external re-centering by games

* Smoothing Algorithm selection
Added : version 3.10
registry key name : "SmoothingMode"
registry key values : "1" = new smoothing (default)
"2" = old smoothing (slower)

* Invert blue TrackIR Enhanced mode LED
Added : 3.01
registry key name : "CaseLEDInvert"
registry key values : "0" = false
"1" = true

* TrackIR Enhanced View Range Limiting override
Added : 2.11
registry key name : "ViewLimiting"
registry key values : "1" = normal (restricted to "realistic" ranges)
"2" = open (larger range of motion)
"3" = full range of motion unlocked (may be disorienting)