PDA

View Full Version : Last Rites glitch (2nd Cristina memory)

Tarmus
12-17-2010, 05:56 PM
I have an issue with finishing the "Last Rites" (2nd Cristina) memory.

Without spoiling anything...I have completed the mission goal with 100% sync, and it will not let me exit the memory. Just leaves me stuck in Florence, with no map markers, no way to exit the city. Tried restarting memory multiple times.

Is there a fix for this? Or is it a game breaker?

Tarmus
12-17-2010, 05:56 PM

Without spoiling anything...I have completed the mission goal with 100% sync, and it will not let me exit the memory. Just leaves me stuck in Florence, with no map markers, no way to exit the city. Tried restarting memory multiple times.

Is there a fix for this? Or is it a game breaker?

Randy 355
12-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Can you access your DNA? I'd try replaying a different memory. Tried killing Ezio either? (I expect you have, but I'm just trying to narrow it down.)

Tarmus
12-17-2010, 06:37 PM
I have tried accessing DNA, to replay an earlier memory, tried exiting Animus to present time, and also tried replaying the Last Rites memory.

No matter what, right after I finish the last Rites mission goal, the game briefly goes into Animus mode, and then I'm immediately dumped back into a small subsection of Florence, with the white boundaries all over town. No way to exit.

I can access DNA to play any earlier memory, but I can't receive any new mission markers (says "replay mode" in Animus/pause menu.

Randy 355
12-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Hmmm... have any outfits you can change into (Altair, armor of altair, etc.)? That may work. Maybe one of the cheats in th cheat menu?

Tarmus
12-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Tried all the outfits, no help. Still stuck in Mini-Florence. Is there something you're supposed to do after the thing with the bodies?

Do you have to find Cristina again?

Do you have to be anonymous to finish the mission?

Randy 355
12-17-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm gonna go play through it... maybe try to help you out. It'll be my good deed for the day.

(Spoilers) [Never Know]

Okay, so I put the bodies in the boat, and then a cut scene played where Ezio told Christina he was going to leave town. After the cut scene it briefly showed AC2 Ezio standing alone in Florence for a bit. Immediately after that the Animus took me back to the DNA Menu.

I assume where your game messed up is after the cut scene, it never took you out correct? If this is the case, this is a pretty messed up glitch.

Tarmus
12-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Yes that's exactly what I see. They do the cutscene and I am briefly in Florence, then I am sucked into the DNA menu.

But from there where do I go?

How do I pick back up where I left off on my storyline memory sequences? If I select a previous memory, the game says I'm in "Replay Mode". If I select "Resume", then it dumps me back into Florence, not Rome.

Really appreciate the assist here, btw. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Randy 355
12-17-2010, 10:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tarmus:Really appreciate the assist here, btw. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey, I can understand the frustration. So you're very welcome.

So the mission itself plays normal, but it loads mini Florence instead of Rome? Now this is odd. Do you load as AC2 Ezio? Or are you ACB Ezio?

Tarmus
12-17-2010, 10:21 PM
I meet the girl with the broken heart icon in Rome, as ACB Ezio. No special outfit, just regular ACB white gear. It then takes me to Florence for the repressed memory itself. When I finish the bodies, it jumps to a cutscene of Ezio and Cristina, and then I'm briefly in Florence still, but then the Animus drags me into the DNA menu.

Now...

From here, I don't know how to fix what I have.

If I select "Resume", I go back to Mini-Florence, where I cannot leave the city, I cannot pick up a weapon from a guard, and I cannot buy anything with whatever money I happen to pickpocket. No mission waypoint, no exclamation point, no other map markers besides my current location. Not even a Florence map.

If I select another previous memory, then I am in "Replay Mode" according to the game, and it won't let me continue main story missions (it doesn't give me any).

If I try to access the last memory in main story from the DNA menu, (for me, Sequence 5, Memory 2), it says "Insufficient Data to Access. Locate Memory in World".

if I replay Sequence 5-1, then after completing it, I'm back in the same situation.

Randy 355
12-17-2010, 10:29 PM
The game is confused then. It think's it's loading Rome. Something must have saved wrong during that mission. I think you may have to start over. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'm sorry, but I think the only thing that can fix that is a patch from Ubi.

Tarmus
12-17-2010, 10:43 PM
How do I request a patch for this?

Is there a bug submission form?

LordWolv
12-17-2010, 10:52 PM
This happened to me, luckily I was only on Sequence 2. The bug isn't that rare and it has been suggested many times before. However, through these forums is the best way to contact Ubi on glitches so just try to get this thread seen.

I know the anger of the situation, and compared to some people that shout at everyone in capitals, you're pretty chilled. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Tarmus
12-18-2010, 09:38 AM
Yeah I didn't see a need to lose my mind over a little glitch in an otherwise wonderful game experience. I'll just put in on the shelf for a bit, and play something else.

If it's not an isolated issue and the developers are well aware of it (and from other responses here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&f=4721051016&m=7421045298&r=8721051998#8721051998) that seems to be the case), then I would expect a patch will be issued sometime soon.

If THIS many people are having an issue that makes the game totally unable to be completed, then it would be silly to get mad and think they won't patch it.

LordWolv
12-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Exactly. It seems a pretty easy glitch to fix, so I think it might come out in the next Patch.

They really did rush the game into production, they didn't have time to properly test it for bugs. I'd had prefered it if the game came out a few months later, but with an almost bug free experience.

Black_Widow9
12-18-2010, 01:09 PM
@ Tarmus-
Please make sure you also contact Ubisoft Support with this issue. The link is in my signature. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Tarmus
12-18-2010, 02:05 PM
I have already submitted a trouble ticket on this bug, to Ubi Support. Ref# 101218-000037. So far no response from Support. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

In the bug report, I have included details of what happened as discussed here, and also a link to this discussion thread. Hopefully someone at Ubi will see it, and get a patch out soon.

I love the AC franchise, and would hate to miss out on the rest of the experience I've had with this otherwise fantastic game.

I'll let you know if I hear anything. If anyone else experiences the same issue, I urge you to share the details in this thread.

Thanks again everyone!!

Tarmus
12-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Received today, this on my bug ticket @ Ubi Support:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Response (Jason) - 12/20/2010 12:48 PM
Thank you for reporting this issue. I have sent this along through the appropriate channels for processing. If this issue is resolved, the solution will appear on the support section of our website. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

De4th18
12-20-2010, 01:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tarmus:

Is there a fix for this? Or is it a game breaker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One thing you can do is exit the game. Come back in and re-load your save. When you log in you shouldn't be in the memory. Play a few sequences and then come back to it and try it again. I didn't do the Cristina missions until I was nearly done with the game. Hope you find a solution for it soon!

Tarmus
12-20-2010, 02:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by De4th18:

One thing you can do is exit the game. Come back in and re-load your save. When you log in you shouldn't be in the memory. Play a few sequences and then come back to it and try it again. I didn't do the Cristina missions until I was nearly done with the game. Hope you find a solution for it soon! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't work.

I've exited, and replayed at least a half dozen main memory sequences, and the 1st Cristina mission, and done side quests under "replay mode" multiple times. No matter what, at the conclusion of the mission I select, I'm dumped back into "Replay Mode", and NOT deposited back in Rome, like I should be.

De4th18
12-20-2010, 10:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tarmus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by De4th18:

One thing you can do is exit the game. Come back in and re-load your save. When you log in you shouldn't be in the memory. Play a few sequences and then come back to it and try it again. I didn't do the Cristina missions until I was nearly done with the game. Hope you find a solution for it soon! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't work.

I've exited, and replayed at least a half dozen main memory sequences, and the 1st Cristina mission, and done side quests under "replay mode" multiple times. No matter what, at the conclusion of the mission I select, I'm dumped back into "Replay Mode", and NOT deposited back in Rome, like I should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, I'm not sure what you should do then. Hopefully, the AC gods will come out with a patch to fix that. I didn't personally have a problem out of anything in my game.

Only thing I could think of is to start a new game and see if you can do the missions.

iAhura_Mazda
12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
At the DNA menu after the cutscene have you tried going in to Vurtual training and then exiting it? i oned renovated a Aquaduct and was stuck inside one of the pillars lol, i know its very different to your glitch but it has to be worth a shot right?

Tarmus
12-21-2010, 03:31 PM
I believe I *did* try that, I think I tried replaying every available mission up to that point. But I will try a different VR mission tonight that I haven't yet synched, and see if that does anything. Good idea.

I'll update later.

Tarmus
12-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Started the game tonight.

It immediately prompted me to download an update. After doing so, I was back in Rome, with my save game file intact. This issue appears to be resolved, for me.

Thank you Ubi!!!! And thank you to everyone here on the board who tried to help.

HolyDeath3000
01-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Okay for me I had the game mess up on sequence 9 I cant even access it. Though I think i know what happened. When I started Sequence 9 i exited during the cutscene. Pretty stupid but after that I havent been able to get to that cutscene. Tried play sequence 8 and last memory but you know how when after you talk to leaonardo afterwards it loads sequence 9 right into the fight against caesare. Well it wont do that. So i end up in the game world but I dont even know what seqeuence it is or anything. I probably have to restart. Tried a few things like exiting the assassins lair and stuff but that didnt work either.