PDA

View Full Version : Conflicts between 1 & 2 **SPOILERS**

stringtapper
11-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Just finished AC2 and decided to start AC1 from the beginning for the first time since I got it. I noticed at the beginning of AC1 Vidic tells Desmond that he is an Assassin and Desmond says "I'm not an assassin, at least not anymore."

I had forgotten that Desmond said that and now it seems very strange when you compare it to the premise of AC2, namely that the Assassins are going through other memories so that Desmond can be trained to be an assassin through the bleeding effect.

Is this a plot hole, or do you think this will somehow be answered in the next installment? I wish I could remember what Lucy says in AC2 when Desmond asks her why they didn't just send him back into the memories of Alta´r. Seems like that might hold a key.

stringtapper
11-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Just finished AC2 and decided to start AC1 from the beginning for the first time since I got it. I noticed at the beginning of AC1 Vidic tells Desmond that he is an Assassin and Desmond says "I'm not an assassin, at least not anymore."

I had forgotten that Desmond said that and now it seems very strange when you compare it to the premise of AC2, namely that the Assassins are going through other memories so that Desmond can be trained to be an assassin through the bleeding effect.

Is this a plot hole, or do you think this will somehow be answered in the next installment? I wish I could remember what Lucy says in AC2 when Desmond asks her why they didn't just send him back into the memories of Alta´r. Seems like that might hold a key.

Iskander_Estel
11-22-2009, 08:05 PM
where is the hole?
explain please

keepth3beat
11-22-2009, 08:35 PM
It seemed like to me that Desmond had left the compound that he had grown up on with his parents when he was about 17/18. He's about 25 in AC1, so you figure it's been a little less than 10 years since he did any sort of training. And who knows how in-depth their training actually was.

I'm thinking that the compound was more for the 'safety in numbers' side of things than the 'let's train more assassins' things. I would think that if it were very training-intensive that they would have brought Desmond back than letting him run away.

stringtapper
11-22-2009, 08:36 PM
At the beginning of AC1 Desmond says that he is not an assassin anymore. This implies that he was an assassin before. But in AC2 (and perhaps later in AC1) he keeps talking as if he has never been assassin and furthermore one of the premises behind the plot of AC2 is that Desmond needs to relive the memories of Ezio so he can learn to be an assassin in real life. So why would he need to do that if he had already been an assassin?

stringtapper
11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keepth3beat:
It seemed like to me that Desmond had left the compound that he had grown up on with his parents when he was about 17/18. He's about 25 in AC1, so you figure it's been a little less than 10 years since he did any sort of training. And who knows how in-depth their training actually was.

I'm thinking that the compound was more for the 'safety in numbers' side of things than the 'let's train more assassins' things. I would think that if it were very training-intensive that they would have brought Desmond back than letting him run away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where does this information about Desmond growing up in a compound occur? If it's from AC1 I apologize, it's just been so long since I played it and because of the save game scheme I've only played through it once, so I may be forgetting a lot.

ALTAIRXEZIO
11-22-2009, 08:43 PM
i figured out a flaw in AC2... in AC1 he says he is not a assassin anymore....

then in the beginning vid for ac2, he says he thought the templars and assassins never existed

can someone explain this to me

SWJS
11-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Desmond was an Assassin, and so were his parents. He lived and grew up in a desert compound when he was little. His parents tried to force his Assassin heritage on him, and he didn't like it so much. So he refused to train and ran away from home to start a new life. Desmond is an Assassin, but he never recieved any training. He lived his life studying to be a bartender, and being a bartender. He also says he kept his identity confidential incase his parents were looking for him. All except for his motorcycle license, which is how Abstergo found him. Desmond always has been an assassin by blood and heritage, he just never trained because he didn't want to.

stringtapper
11-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Got it. I just got to the second part where you can first walk around as Desmond and talked to Lucy. I think that I must have never talked to her in these early scenes because I never knew you could.

Apologies for the thread.