PDA

View Full Version : Don't make the same mistake...

Sarari
10-28-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm making this post to people who have rushed through any AC game. I can tell you right now that it will make a huge difference on how you see the game.

I remember when I first started AC1, I beat some missions and I walked around the cities and checked everything out and collected some flags to get the feel of a city. This really opened my mind to how the series was gonna continue and its future.

When I played AC2, it was the same, especially with Venice. I always took the time to look around Venice. In fact, last week I went around Venice and I visited places I don't remember visiting. The reason this happened was because I didn't spend enough time looking around the city while I was still in progress with the story.

Now, with ACB, it was a totally different thing. I expected to much from the game and I rushed through it and beat it in 2 days......and during those 2 days, I didn't walk around the city at all. I didn't even bother going around and looking at the ruins of the city. Which are in my opinion the best places to be in that game.

So today, I decided to go to each ruin just for the hell of it, and then I found this Borgia tower I don't even remember burning down, and I climbed it at night, and my god, I saw the whole city from a very far distance including every single ruin out there.

I have to tell you, if I beat did all this before I beat the game, I would have a whole different (better) view and thought of the game. But because I didn't take my time with the game, I always get a disgusted feeling when I think of Brotherhood.

So don't rush through Revelations, because I don't know about you guys, but If I do that with Revelations, that will be the biggest mistake of my video game life.

Sarari
10-28-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm making this post to people who have rushed through any AC game. I can tell you right now that it will make a huge difference on how you see the game.

I remember when I first started AC1, I beat some missions and I walked around the cities and checked everything out and collected some flags to get the feel of a city. This really opened my mind to how the series was gonna continue and its future.

When I played AC2, it was the same, especially with Venice. I always took the time to look around Venice. In fact, last week I went around Venice and I visited places I don't remember visiting. The reason this happened was because I didn't spend enough time looking around the city while I was still in progress with the story.

Now, with ACB, it was a totally different thing. I expected to much from the game and I rushed through it and beat it in 2 days......and during those 2 days, I didn't walk around the city at all. I didn't even bother going around and looking at the ruins of the city. Which are in my opinion the best places to be in that game.

So today, I decided to go to each ruin just for the hell of it, and then I found this Borgia tower I don't even remember burning down, and I climbed it at night, and my god, I saw the whole city from a very far distance including every single ruin out there.

I have to tell you, if I beat did all this before I beat the game, I would have a whole different (better) view and thought of the game. But because I didn't take my time with the game, I always get a disgusted feeling when I think of Brotherhood.

So don't rush through Revelations, because I don't know about you guys, but If I do that with Revelations, that will be the biggest mistake of my video game life.

naran6142
10-28-2011, 07:59 PM
does this mean you take back everything you said about ACB(that was bad)?? :P

Sarari
10-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Actually yes.....and no. I still think some things could be improved, but I take back all those harsh things I said about it.

It only took one view point to enlighten me :P

Chronomancy
10-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Completely agreed with you Sarari, i'm taking my time with ACR. I may even do all the collectibles through the main story.

Sarari
10-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Yea that's a good idea. I personally leave some collectibles for after I beat the game so I have something left to do.

That's what I did for AC1, and I still haven't found all the flags yet lol.

rileypoole1234
10-28-2011, 08:38 PM
I know what you mean about the "disgusted" feeling with ACB. I get an overall bland feeling of the game. Just bland. Though I do think it was the best gameplay-wise. The mechanics were better, but the whole atmosphere... I felt disconnected from everything. That was the first time that's ever happened to me while playing an AC game. I hope with Revelations, they can mix the brilliant mechanics of ACB, and the incredible story and atmosphere of AC and AC2. So far from what i've seen it looks like they have, and that's why i'm more excited for this than any other AC game so far.

Sarari
10-28-2011, 08:45 PM
@rileypoole I agree with the atmospheric part and the gameplay mechanics. But I still don't know if I got all those bad feelings from not soaking in the game while I had the chance or the game was just that bad. That's something I'll never know.

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 09:24 PM
O.o

Rome was the best city in the game and had the best atmosphere. I hated the colored atmospheres of the cities in the other games.

john63
10-28-2011, 09:37 PM
Agreed, I'm planning to take this game nice and slow. I read an article a while back that said that during the original design of AC1, there was no map, and you actually had to search around the city to find anything. They only added a map because players felt like they had no guidance.

It will inevitably be frustrating, but I'm thinking of turning off the map this round; I'll actually have to search for objectives, analyze every detail of the massive city some poor guy painstakingly crafted from a cloud of ones and zeroes. I'm sure it'll ultimately be more satisfying.

Sarari
10-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Except for Venice. It had the best color at night. It reminds me of when I saw the demo for AC2 for the very first time and I thought it was the best game to ever come out.

But as I said before, I don't know if I hate Rome because I didn't free-roam a lot before I beat it or because It's just not that good. I here from a lot of people that it's just not good so I might stick with that :P

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Well... I personally think that a lot of people project their dislike for certain things in the game onto everything in the game in some form or another.

I personally love Rome, and it's my favorite city in AC2/ACB. My favorite city in AC1 is Acre. It would of been Masyaf if we could of climbed the castle.

In AC2's big cities Venice would have to be my favorite also.

Favorite Big Cities
Rome
Venice
Acre

Favorite Small Cities
Forli
Monterigionni
Masyaf

Sarari
10-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Favorite Big Cities:
1. Venice
2. Damascus
3. Acre

Favorite Small Cities:
1. Monterigionni
2. Masyaf
3. Tuscany

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Soo...

what was your favorite War Machine mission?

Mine is tied between the Machine gun and the Bomber.

SleezeRocker
10-28-2011, 10:28 PM
I always take my time with a new game. Im not like one of those people that are "Freak yeah! gotz a new game! Ima beat dis in a day!"...then after they finish the game in like 10hours of play they say "Sigh...that was so short...I need a new game now -_-"

Jexx21
10-28-2011, 10:48 PM
I never do that. It normally takes me a week to finish a game at least because I find a game can't hold my interest for more than 2-4 hours at a time unless it's really good or an MMO.

InfectedNation
10-29-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm gonna collect all the main collectibles (the Ishak Pasha armour + pages and anything else significant)

But hopefully I can spend at least 2 weeks on the storyline and get the most from it

twenty_glyphs
10-29-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm really torn this time around. I always take my time with games and try to do lots of side stuff before finishing the story. Especially in AC, there's a lot of exploring and walking around I like to do. I was excited about last year's game but didn't feel compelled to rush through the story yet, so it took me about 11 days of lots of playtime to beat the story. But that game's ending threw me for such a loop that I can't wait to find out the story of this game, and I'm afraid of getting spoiled on the Internet.

TorQue1988
10-29-2011, 02:39 AM
I agree with you @Sarari, ACB seemed to straight forward and in some sequences we were pushed from a memory to another and did't have the time (or the disposition like in your case) to explore the city at all.
The biggest thing that was missing from ACB was the great atmosphere from AC2, which had an awesome story progression.
But i started a new ACB playthrough and i will take my time with it this time around.

Favorite big cities:
1.Florence & Venice
2.Rome
3.Jerusalem

Favorite small cities:
1.San Gimignano (with the awesome countryside)
2.Monterigionni
3.Masyaf.

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 04:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
does this mean you take back everything you said about ACB(that was bad)?? :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what does apreciate a city has to do with disagree with the umbalance of combat mechanics?

Back to topic:
I always climb up every atalaya during the game and when they have some interesting view i just stay there for some time.
I started doing this after my 5th replay of ac1 (after i replayed the 3rd of ac2). I never brothered to see how beauty it was seeing from above until i disactivated the radar and had to focus in seeing it with my eyes instead of look at the map/radar.
Anyway, i hope AcR takes more time to finish so i could also get every shop bought before i finish the game, i've still not done 100% in AcB cuz i get bored too easy :S

My fav cities:
Florence
Acre
Venece

Sarari
10-29-2011, 07:50 AM
@SleezeRocker That's exactly what I did with ACB and I've regretted it since yesterday :P. If I make that same mistake with ACR, there's no way in hell I'm gonna get a good feeling about the game ever again. The first feeling always sticks with me. It can never change :/

As for collectibles, which ever ones I see during the play through of the story I'll collect. I'm gonna leave some to find after the I beat the whole thing so I have something to do. That's one of the reason's I still play AC1, so I can collect some more flags.

For some reason though, the cities in AC1 were more interesting. They were less complicated and it looked more open. One reason this might be is because the camera. In AC2 and ACB the camera was to close to Ezio which I didn't like. I hope we get to change that a bit in the settings.

Second reason might be because again I really looked around the cities in AC1, and that I didn't look around enough in AC2 and definitely not around in ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

My favorite war machine mission was the machine gun. The one I hated with all my heart was the flying machine and the tank. The flying one I hated because at times it was hard to control when I had to chase the guy with the horse. The tank because it took me like 1million tries to just get full sync. I like cried of anger LOLL

Sarari
10-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Oh yes, will Jerusalem be a multiplayer map? Or is that Rhodes, Greece?

Jexx21
10-29-2011, 08:36 AM
I still find the cities in AC1 to be fairly boring. The only reason I like Acre so much is because of the docks and that huge church.

Sarari
10-29-2011, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I still find the cities in AC1 to be fairly boring. The only reason I like Acre so much is because of the docks and that huge church. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yea that's a good reason. I like Damascus of it's life and beautiful architecture.

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 10:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
I still find the cities in AC1 to be fairly boring. The only reason I like Acre so much is because of the docks and that huge church. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For me Forli was much more boring...

LightRey
10-29-2011, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

For me Forli was much more boring... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, Forli wasn't much either. Though, contrary to many, I actually liked The Battle of Forli.

masterfenix2009
10-29-2011, 11:51 AM
I liked Jerusalem the best in AC1. It was the smallest, and it had the shortest view points. Getting collectibles was much easier.

In AC2 my favorite was Venice. It looked pretty. I also quite liked the battle of Forli. Even though it had annoying audio issues. I couldn't even hear that monk getting beat up. I wonder if he was a good voice actor?

LightRey
10-29-2011, 11:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
I liked Jerusalem the best in AC1. It was the smallest, and it had the shortest view points. Getting collectibles was much easier.

In AC2 my favorite was Venice. It looked pretty. I also quite liked the battle of Forli. Even though it had annoying audio issues. I couldn't even hear that monk getting beat up. I wonder if he was a good voice actor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Originally the sound worked for both DLC's, but for some reason something got messed up after an update and since then a lot of audio is just missing. The voice acting was pretty good if I recall.

iN3krO
10-29-2011, 11:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

For me Forli was much more boring... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, Forli wasn't much either. Though, contrary to many, I actually liked The Battle of Forli. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i liked savonarola missions the best, the farm was just AWSOME!

tjbyrum1
10-29-2011, 01:31 PM
I got Brotherhood on the day of its release. Played it and beat it in about 4-7 days. Pretty quick, considering I did not play it that often.

But then, I decided to beat it again (a month or so later). I took my time this go around. I beat a sequence, and as soon as I did, I explored the city. I did all side-missions possible, renovated all the shops, bought all weapons, everything I could do.

And THEN I started doing missions until I beat this sequence, where I stopped and beat everything I could.

Worked good, got a better feeling out of the game, and made it that much more better,

Jexx21
10-29-2011, 02:38 PM
I loved Forli because of it's architecture, the fact that it has one of the atmospheres most devoid of color and fogginess. Oh, and I also loved the wetlands of Romanga around it and the Flying Machine.

naran6142
10-29-2011, 02:39 PM
I loved Forli because of it's architecture, the fact that it has one of the atmospheres most devoid of color and fogginess. Oh, and I also loved the wetlands of Romanga around it and the Flying Machine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya, that why i liked folli too

tho florence and venice are my favourites

Sarari
10-29-2011, 04:10 PM
I get mixed up with Forli, Tuscany, and San Dim something. I like that city where you see that old man get a sword stuck in his neck. I don't know its name.

I actually tend to like smaller cities than the larger ones. If that sounded homo in any way, I didn't mean it that way (obviously) lol. But like Masyaf, those small cities in AC2 I loved the most.

Gnome Scat II
10-29-2011, 04:15 PM
I rushed through Assassin's Creed I and II. It was only because I wanted to beat them before Battlefield 3 came out to be prepared for Assassin's Creed Revelations. I should have taken my time . . . I will with Revelations.

Sarari
10-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Wait....Bf3 came out the 25th. So does that mean you started AC1 and 2 this year?

Animuses
10-29-2011, 07:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
I actually tend to like smaller cities than the larger ones. If that sounded homo in any way, I didn't mean it that way (obviously) lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How would that sound "homo"?

Sarari
10-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Are we gonna be seeing any more war machines besides the flame thrower? I'm double-posting so people can see my question http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sorry if that ticks you off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Getz_It_17
10-30-2011, 10:48 AM
I personally have always taken my time with the AC games since I fell in love with the series from the original release date of the first one. I heard about the ability to be an assassin and I thought it had to be badass (and it was and still is) so I took my time to learn it, do everything, and enjoy the storyline and beauty of each city.

Plus, my wife loves the graphics and if I am playing I will wander more to show her things and it makes me delve deeper into the cities. I've done it with each of the games, but even more so with the puzzles in the last 2 cause I saw no point in rushing through the story when I knew I'd complete it in a decent amount of time, but I wanted to get the stuff that was hidden deeper in the game first. I definitely cannot wait for ACR

AdmiralPerry
10-30-2011, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:

In AC2 my favorite was Venice. It looked pretty. I also quite liked the battle of Forli. Even though it had annoying audio issues. I couldn't even hear that monk getting beat up. I wonder if he was a good voice actor? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Originally the sound worked for both DLC's, but for some reason something got messed up after an update and since then a lot of audio is just missing. The voice acting was pretty good if I recall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember that! I kept sitting there thinking, 'I don't remember it sounding like this!' I also remember, aside from the issues in the Battle of Forli, that some dialogue had a terrible echoing effect (like you were in a tunnel or something) in the Bonfire of the Vanities. And there were a few audio blank-outs, too, that plagued both of them. Too bad those issues probably will never get fixed.

I know I'll take my time with this game. I usually do, or at least I try. I'll probably take the same approach that I did with Brotherhood on my second playthrough--play a sequence, pause to walk around city and take care of stuff. Also, the random missions from citizens (if that's still in place, which I really hope it is) will help extend the life of the game, I'm sure. Bring on the 15th!

Sarari
10-30-2011, 12:15 PM
It seems like a lot of people replayed Brotherhood to actually get the feel for the game. That kinda gives the feeling that the game wasn't well planned out to begin with.

xx-pyro
10-30-2011, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
It seems like a lot of people replayed Brotherhood to actually get the feel for the game. That kinda gives the feeling that the game wasn't well planned out to begin with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems to me like a lot of people rushed through Brotherhood and then complained that they didn't get a true feel for the game. I took my time going through the game and it felt great, besides the slightly rushed ending. Another playthrough wasn't necessary for people who took their time.

iN3krO
10-30-2011, 01:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:
It seems like a lot of people replayed Brotherhood to actually get the feel for the game. That kinda gives the feeling that the game wasn't well planned out to begin with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems to me like a lot of people rushed through Brotherhood and then complained that they didn't get a true feel for the game. I took my time going through the game and it felt great, besides the slightly rushed ending. Another playthrough wasn't necessary for people who took their time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've played acB 3 times, still can't get the good feel of it... ac2 was much better in almost everything o.o

ghostferret
10-30-2011, 02:24 PM
I can't say enough in favor of turning off the GPS on replay. It's frustrating sometimes, but the world becomes so much more immersive, and the satisfaction of knowing your way around by the landmarks is great. In fact, the only thing that truly annoyed me about ACB (other than the tank mission) is that there are some timed missions that it's virtually impossible to complete unless you use the GPS.

People listed their favorite cities. What are your all-time favorite buildings? For me:
#1 the cathedral in Acre,
#2 the Colosseum,
#3 Castel Sant'Angelo.
I also loved the towers in San Gimignano, and the Lateran Palace in ACB. The last is so vivid that whenever I replay it I actually smell charred wood.

AdmiralPerry
10-30-2011, 09:11 PM
I didn't need to replay Brotherhood, I just chose to, I guess to brush up and look for clues. And to look at the rifts closely.

I played most of AC1 with the GPS turned off after I read an article, and overall, I would recommend it. I know Damascus like the back of my hand! The only problem with turning it off is that sometimes it's almost required to have it on, such as timed missions, as well as figuring out where to find an Animus marker.

rileypoole1234
10-30-2011, 09:35 PM
I started a replay of Brotherhood, but never finished. I found myself liking the Desmond missions much more than I did during my first playthrough. That's probably my only AC game where I loved the present time missions. I can just tell Revelations will be better than ACB. Atmosphere and all.

Animuses
10-30-2011, 09:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I started a replay of Brotherhood, but never finished. I found myself liking the Desmond missions much more than I did during my first playthrough. That's probably my only AC game where I loved the present time missions. I can just tell Revelations will be better than ACB. Atmosphere and all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So you're saying you didn't love the ending of AC2?

luckyto
11-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Sarari, excellent post. All of the Assassin's Creed games have been worth taking your time and enjoying. To me, that's almost my favorite thing to do; slow down and watch the world around you. It's a fantastic sight to see.

Favorite cities:

Rome - although I knock Brotherhood on its overall size, Rome by itself is the largest city to date. On a city to city comparison, nothing can beat in terms of sheer scale and complexity. Just wish the game had one or two smaller cities to go with it.
Acre - Damned, not a pretty city, but boy how I love fighting my way through it.
Damascus - Damascus was the first city that I traveled to in an Assassin's Creed game ever and one of my favorite still. It just captures being in another place and time so well. Thumbs up to the Umayyad Mosque.
Jerusalem - there something sacred about Jerusalem.
Venice - the Carnivale section is brilliant work! And that is only one small part of this brilliant city
Tuscany - Tall towers and beautiful countryside
Florence - BIG!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ghostferret:
I can't say enough in favor of turning off the GPS on replay. It's frustrating sometimes, but the world becomes so much more immersive, and the satisfaction of knowing your way around by the landmarks is great. In fact, the only thing that truly annoyed me about ACB (other than the tank mission) is that there are some timed missions that it's virtually impossible to complete unless you use the GPS.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sarari
11-02-2011, 04:11 PM
@luckyto I totally agree with you in terms of the city feeling for Acre, Jerusalem, Damascus, and Tuscany.

As someone else said they knew Damascus like the back for their hands, I don't know my way around the city unless I stay on the rooftops. The cities in AC1 might be smaller, but to me they're harder to memorize and navigate. That's why I felt more compelled to look around it.

I'm definitely gonna take my time to look around the cities in ACR, especially Masyaf. I'd love to see the changes that happened around the city. I did the same with Saints Row 1 and 2. There were so many changes to the city.

BlackRose1809
11-03-2011, 04:17 PM
While I do agree with the OP, for me it depends if the game lets you roam around after the main story line. Like in ACII or Brotherhood. Because if that's how it's gonna go, I'll do the main story line, then after I'm done, go around and do the collectibles and extra stuff. I take my time during that and just look around and take it all in.

Sarari
11-03-2011, 04:20 PM
I did that with AC1. I took my time with everything, mainly because it was during the summer when I first played it.

The only problem I have with AC1 is the way you go back to free-roam. You have to hear Al Mualim mumble and go on about teaching Altair and all that junk. I've heard it uncountable times -____-

BlackRose1809
11-03-2011, 04:54 PM
I did that with AC1. I took my time with everything, mainly because it was during the summer when I first played it.

The only problem I have with AC1 is the way you go back to free-roam. You have to hear Al Mualim mumble and go on about teaching Altair and all that junk. I've heard it uncountable times -____- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand. So we have to replay the whole game or what? Because I got AC recently so I'm wondering about that.

Sarari
11-03-2011, 06:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't understand. So we have to replay the whole game or what? Because I got AC recently so I'm wondering about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, if you want to free-roam with Altair, you have to pick a sequence. So for example, I always pick the latest sequence where Altair has all his abilities and all his weapons updated. But since I picked that sequence, I have to listen to Al Mualim speak for whatever he said for that sequence. Is it making sense? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BlackRose1809
11-04-2011, 09:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't understand. So we have to replay the whole game or what? Because I got AC recently so I'm wondering about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, if you want to free-roam with Altair, you have to pick a sequence. So for example, I always pick the latest sequence where Altair has all his abilities and all his weapons updated. But since I picked that sequence, I have to listen to Al Mualim speak for whatever he said for that sequence. Is it making sense? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I get it. Man that kinda sucks. Oh Well, I guess I'm gonna have to do that too. xD

Sarari
11-04-2011, 09:54 PM
hahahah I mean it's worth it to me sometimes, but it can eventually get annoying :/

travilanche
11-05-2011, 01:36 AM
This is true. I loved running through Rome so much. doing things like climbing to the top of the Colosseum and the Pantheon were awesome. I just wish that a few more of the buildings were open like the Senatorio I really wanted to go into. And I wish some of them were a bit more to scale, but on the whole it was fantastic. I plan to do the same in Constantinople. I just wish that I knew a bit more about the city already.

BlackRose1809
11-08-2011, 06:08 AM
hahahah I mean it's worth it to me sometimes, but it can eventually get annoying :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I get you. I hate that too especially if you are like dying in any game and you have to watch the same scene over and over again! But if it's to like to finish the game, I don't mind. xD

Sarari
11-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Haha yea.

**SPOILER**
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Yesterday I watched the new demo, and once you get to Constantinople you get introduced to Yusuf. Then if you wanna continue, you can just talk to him and begin the tour. What I might do is explore the city a little bit, collect a few things and then get back to him and begin the tour. The city looks very cool too. The levels of the city are just like how they are when I visited it. The ground elevates without the stairs with it. It's just the stone itself that elevates or descends.</span>

BlackRose1809
11-09-2011, 06:02 AM
Haha yea.

**SPOILER**
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Yesterday I watched the new demo, and once you get to Constantinople you get introduced to Yusuf. Then if you wanna continue, you can just talk to him and begin the tour. What I might do is explore the city a little bit, collect a few things and then get back to him and begin the tour. The city looks very cool too. The levels of the city are just like how they are when I visited it. The ground elevates without the stairs with it. It's just the stone itself that elevates or descends.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good. I do that a lot in all my AC games. Before doing the main objective, I do the side ones first then do it. Get a bit of more abilities and practice, ya know?

LPodyssey07
11-10-2011, 06:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you remember where this viewpoint was? I'm curious to go back and see it myself before I say goodbye to Rome and hello to Constantinople.

Sarari
11-10-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm not exactly sure. I would look for it now but if I get caught playing Xbox from Mon-Thursday by my dad, he won't let me play it on the weekends. I'll be sure to tell you tomorrow though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

rileypoole1234
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I started a replay of Brotherhood, but never finished. I found myself liking the Desmond missions much more than I did during my first playthrough. That's probably my only AC game where I loved the present time missions. I can just tell Revelations will be better than ACB. Atmosphere and all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So you're saying you didn't love the ending of AC2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I loved the ending. My favorite ending of the series. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Sarari
11-10-2011, 08:45 PM
I have to agree, AC2 I think did have the best ending. But I also loved the ending of Brotherhood where you see Ezio return the PoE and when you're playing as Desmond in that Colosseum maze and you saw Ezio's ghost fighting off the wolf men. It was cool.

Sarari
11-13-2011, 03:42 PM
@LPodyssey07 the view point picture (http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/mynameisnotyourbusiness/assasins-creed-brotherhood-rome-map.jpg)

Remember you asked me if I could post the location of the view point that changed my thoughts on ACB? Well here it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I've highlighted the place on the map. I prefer going there at night http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LPodyssey07
11-13-2011, 03:57 PM
@LPodyssey07 the view point picture (http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/mynameisnotyourbusiness/assasins-creed-brotherhood-rome-map.jpg)

Remember you asked me if I could post the location of the view point that changed my thoughts on ACB? Well here it is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I've highlighted the place on the map. I prefer going there at night http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome, thanks. I'll go check it out tonight.