PDA

View Full Version : Giving Chess System Tal II a run for its money

kamboonseng
01-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Which CM11 personality is the strongest?
Some say Morphy, some say Tal.
Which do you think?

1) WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE STRONGEST CM9 OR CM10 OR CM11 STRONGEST PERSONALITY?

2) WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE "MOST INTERESTING AND MIKHAIL TAL-LIKE" CM9 OR CM10
OR CM11 PERSONALITY?

The definition of "interesting and mikhail tal-like" = a CM11 tweaked personality that likes to sacrifice like Tal (even at times unsoundly to complicate things). So such an engine would do well against human players and make for some very interesting ameplay, but would probably be outsearched by other more fast-searching engines (non-CM).

;-)

Regards
Frankie Kam
kamboonseng@yahoo.com

kamboonseng
01-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Which CM11 personality is the strongest?
Some say Morphy, some say Tal.
Which do you think?

1) WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE STRONGEST CM9 OR CM10 OR CM11 STRONGEST PERSONALITY?

2) WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THE "MOST INTERESTING AND MIKHAIL TAL-LIKE" CM9 OR CM10
OR CM11 PERSONALITY?

The definition of "interesting and mikhail tal-like" = a CM11 tweaked personality that likes to sacrifice like Tal (even at times unsoundly to complicate things). So such an engine would do well against human players and make for some very interesting ameplay, but would probably be outsearched by other more fast-searching engines (non-CM).

;-)

Regards
Frankie Kam
kamboonseng@yahoo.com

diskamyl
01-05-2008, 06:34 AM
hi there.

I also was interested in finding a personality like Tal, and I came up with my own. I cannot say for sure it's "the most interesting and tal-like personality" available in CM, but I can assure you it's pretty close to a Tal-like sacrificial and interesting style. I made it myself with a long trial and error work process, here are the modifications:

attacker/defender: -50
material/postional: 50
selective search: 16
transpositon table: 128

own mobility: 151
opposing king safety: 150

Own passed pawns: 95
opposing passed pawns: 95

own pawn weakness: 90
opposing pawn weakness: 90

--
every SINGLE game this personality sacs something, and it's not necessarily losing. It plays probably around 2400 elo, so don't be surprised to see it beaten by "normal" CM grandmaster personalities, he's a little weaker than them. but against humans, I'm sure he'd score pretty much the same with those personalities.

kamboonseng
01-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the engine parameters.
This is what I was looking for!
Will try them out and get back to you
on the results.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif