PDA

View Full Version : Ad Campaign

RAF-Blackace
10-22-2004, 05:36 PM
S!

As PF is now on the shelves in Europe and its turning out to be so good. I have several points to make.

1. I am dissapointed but not surprised to see some over the pond (US) moaning that they are getting the game later than us in Euro Land. Well tough, normally its the other way around but you never hear us complain.

2. MOHAA ran some excellent TV AD's for their games, why oh why cant Ubi do the same for PF. there are many good movie makers out there that have probably already got shots, putting a pro to work on a good trailer cant be that expensive although the TV ad time is astronomical. But it would pay off, this close to christmas with all those kids out there just wondering what to get for Crimbo. Why is the advewrtising for this game so poor, not many outside the flight sim community even know of IL2's existance.

Oleg, get rid of your Ad men and give me a job http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I can do far better.

mortoma
10-22-2004, 05:55 PM
The heck you say. I remember when AEP came out and we in the US got it first, the Euros and britoids raised holy hell about it. Us yanks liked to have never heard the end of that one!! Heck, I'll likely never forget it what a bloodbath that was.

FA_Maddog
10-22-2004, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAF-Blackace:
S!

As PF is now on the shelves in Europe and its turning out to be so good. I have several points to make.

1. I am dissapointed but not surprised to see some over the pond (US) moaning that they are getting the game later than us in Euro Land. Well tough, normally its the other way around but you never hear us complain.

2. MOHAA ran some excellent TV AD's for their games, why oh why cant Ubi do the same for PF. there are many good movie makers out there that have probably already got shots, putting a pro to work on a good trailer cant be that expensive although the TV ad time is astronomical. But it would pay off, this close to christmas with all those kids out there just wondering what to get for Crimbo. Why is the advewrtising for this game so poor, not many outside the flight sim community even know of IL2's existance.

Oleg, get rid of your Ad men and give me a job http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I can do far better. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO@U You've got to be kidding right? When AEP came out I thought there was going to be riots break out in Europe.

Da11en47
10-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Tv ADS are a good idea. But I think the majority of people don't have a computer than is powerful enough to run pacific fighters. Especially not kids. They probaly wouldny be to happy watching planes glich across their screen.

RCJ99
10-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Theres no room on the airwaves in the US because
of all the political ads.

owlwatcher
10-22-2004, 06:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mortoma:
The heck you say. I remember when AEP came out and we in the US got it first, the Euros and britoids raised holy hell about it. Us yanks liked to have never heard the end of that one!! Heck, I'll likely never forget it what a bloodbath that was. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Think... that was about the time they shut down the pilots lounge . Wasn't it??

adadaead
10-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Ohh SNAP!!! That was major burn by mortoma.

fordfan25
10-22-2004, 08:24 PM
its killing me to have to wait for PF but i can understand haveing to wait a few weeks do to distrabution but if thay are with holding it for marketing resones then its a bit lame. thay could defanitly do with some adds. in the US i would think about puting them on at least history chanal.