PDA

View Full Version : abstergos subject 18?

theassassin853
04-22-2011, 02:23 AM
after subject 17 (desmond) escaped from abstergo im sure abstergo will be looking for a new test subject so do you think that in assassins creed 3 we hear or even meet subject 18 maybe desmonds son?

theassassin853
04-22-2011, 02:23 AM
after subject 17 (desmond) escaped from abstergo im sure abstergo will be looking for a new test subject so do you think that in assassins creed 3 we hear or even meet subject 18 maybe desmonds son?

reini03
04-22-2011, 03:04 AM
Desmond is 25 years old. His son wouldn't be older than 10, lol. Do you think Abstergo would use a young kid, probably 5 years old, as a test subject? I don't even think Desmond has a son.

AntiChrist7
04-22-2011, 03:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Desmond is 25 years old. His son wouldn't be older than 10, lol. Do you think Abstergo would use a young kid, probably 5 years old, as a test subject? I don't even think Desmond has a son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with the fact that desmond having a son is impossible, but abstergo does use kids, as made clear in the story of daniel cross

But i don't think they will use new subjects, they got a map of the pieces of eden, that's what they wanted

theassassin853
04-22-2011, 03:09 AM
im sure i read that his son was talking at the end of brotherhood and abstergo is desperate they are trying anyway possible to find the apple

Abeonis
04-22-2011, 03:58 AM
What is it with people saying Desmond has a son?

Evan52395
04-22-2011, 06:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
What is it with people saying Desmond has a son? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*Spoilers*

At the end of Subject 16's puzzles in BroHood, 16 mentions his son.

Blind2Society
04-22-2011, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan52395:
*Spoilers*

At the end of Subject 16's puzzles in BroHood, 16 mentions his son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't understand how so many people missed this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Evan52395
04-22-2011, 07:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Evan52395:
*Spoilers*

At the end of Subject 16's puzzles in BroHood, 16 mentions his son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't understand how so many people missed this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know. I don't know why this isn't discussed more often. People just ignored it...

SAVMATIC
04-22-2011, 04:28 PM
just because the word "sun" or "son" was used does not mean **** about desmond having a son.

Blind2Society
04-22-2011, 08:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SAVMATIC:
just because the word "sun" or "son" was used does not mean **** about desmond having a son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are you saying? Have you even completed the truth and spoken to subject 16?

phil.llllll
04-22-2011, 11:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SAVMATIC:
just because the word "sun" or "son" was used does not mean **** about desmond having a son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are you saying? Have you even completed the truth and spoken to subject 16? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he's just saying it doesn't mean anything. At no point in the series so far has it mentioned or even hinted at Desmond having a son... that is before 16's babbling nonsense.

theassassin853
04-23-2011, 01:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Desmond is 25 years old. His son wouldn't be older than 10, lol. Do you think Abstergo would use a young kid, probably 5 years old, as a test subject? I don't even think Desmond has a son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with the fact that desmond having a son is impossible, but abstergo does use kids, as made clear in the story of daniel cross

But i don't think they will use new subjects, they got a map of the pieces of eden, that's what they wanted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, however at the end of assassins creed 2 while escaping warren said to desmond 'there is still so much work we can do together'

Blind2Society
04-23-2011, 02:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
I think he's just saying it doesn't mean anything. At no point in the series so far has it mentioned or even hinted at Desmond having a son... that is before 16's babbling nonsense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So your theory is Ubi added subject 16 simply to make the game take longer to beat? Just because you can't understand it doesn't make it babbling nonsense. I'm sure what he says will have some sort of significance in the next game. He did gesture at Desmond and say, you, your son.

phil.llllll
04-23-2011, 03:33 AM
So your theory is Ubi added subject 16 simply to make the game take longer to beat? Just because you can't understand it doesn't make it babbling nonsense. I'm sure what he says will have some sort of significance in the next game. He did gesture at Desmond and say, you, your son. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well 16 talks pretty crazy half the time (he did go insane) and coupled with the way he said it (he said sun then corrected himself) it very well could've meant nothing (i.e. he just meant sun).

Bipolar Matt
04-23-2011, 05:46 AM
I'm sure it is relevant somehow, but who knows what 16 really means by it. He does love to talk in obscure riddles.

crash3
04-23-2011, 06:26 AM
would like to see maybe a parallel storyline in the same universe playing as one of the other subjects whether there is a subject 18 or not i wanna play as many assassins as possible and see as many countries/cities as possible in the series

ThaWhistle
04-23-2011, 01:56 PM
spoilers.

desmond doesn't have a son. subject 16 was probably referring to how desmond needed to find eve, and as a descendant of adam, desmond needs to find adams son with eve. subject 16 lost track of time before in AC2. desmond having a son makes literally no sense and ignores alot of detail

theassassin853
04-26-2011, 10:58 AM
the animus lets us see our ancestors memories and as desmond is a descendant of adam (and if the bibles right we all are) couldn't desmond just use the animus to see adams memories and he can find out the real truth.

Neelanna
04-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Spoilers.... maybe

well, my own personal oddball theory is that subject 16 IS Desmonds son. There is some foreshadowing in the story to me that seems to indicate that Desmonds story isn't the 'present' either. You(the player) might simply be reliving the memory of Desmond in the animus. Or perhaps subject 16 is Desmonds father. The two are clearly related by blood though as Ezio was chosen by lucy because of their shared connection to Ezio.
Something said at the end of Brotherhood indicates that whoever is in the animus has been in multiple comas and always come out of them before. This doesn't sound like its Desmond. Subject 16 also tells Desmond that everything thinks they are doing has already happened. Hence, Desmond is just another relived memory from some unknown person in an animus in the future.
There is an odd email in the original AC referring to the Philadelphia experiment regarding time travel that might make such a twist possible. Or YOU could even be subject 16, still trapped in a coma in an animus trying desperately to send messages to your own consciousness.

DeSabellis
04-26-2011, 05:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
spoilers.

desmond doesn't have a son. subject 16 was probably referring to how desmond needed to find eve, and as a descendant of adam, desmond needs to find adams son with eve. subject 16 lost track of time before in AC2. desmond having a son makes literally no sense and ignores alot of detail </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't have said it better myself. Subject 16 is unstuck in time, kinda of like Billy Pilgrim from Slaughter House Five. So it goes.

Seriously though, I just can't understand how people think Desmond could already have a son, or how Desmond is already dead and we are playing as his son revisiting Desmond's memories because Lucy mentioned something about Subject 15 experiencing memories within a memory. Those are ideas that stretch it; I realize it's a fantasy game of sorts, but that is such a leap towards a direction that doesn't define the nature of the plot.

Subject 16 has left two computer files for Desmond: One a video and the other the .exe file that turned out to be a maze. The video showed Adam and Eve- it did so for a reason. The two files seem like there are touching on similar subjects, so thinking in terms of Adam and Eve would be the most likely explanation. My opinion at least.

Abeonis
04-27-2011, 06:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
What are you saying? Have you even completed the truth and spoken to subject 16? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he's just saying it doesn't mean anything. At no point in the series so far has it mentioned or even hinted at Desmond having a son... that is before 16's babbling nonsense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is also my point. 16 went nut, cuckoo, sprayed the room with his blood. I have difficulty believing anything he says, let alone the fact that Desmond has a son.