PDA

View Full Version : death from above assassinations (do they exist?)

Altair778
12-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Can you really kill someone by jumping of a rooftop and killing them in the air, and landing on their body??? I tried to once but all I did was fall right next to my target, with no assassination.

Altair778
12-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Can you really kill someone by jumping of a rooftop and killing them in the air, and landing on their body??? I tried to once but all I did was fall right next to my target, with no assassination.

Tela
12-08-2007, 01:58 PM
It IS possible. It's just very hard. I can't remember quite how to do them, but, if I remember correctly, you have to jump at a certain angle, and press "assassinate" at a certain time. I don't think you can do this with the 9 main guys, but with guards and such, I'm pretty sure you can.

Phreaky_McGeek
12-08-2007, 02:45 PM
It's easy - just find a point close to the target that isn't too high up. Target them, run forward in high profile and before you reach the edge mash X or square and Altair will automatically make the jump.

Crash_Plague
12-08-2007, 03:31 PM
lol, yeah, I tried to do that with william, but all I did was land next to the guy and then Altair just drew his sword and I had to kill william mano -a-mono.

wasn't really that great actually, I had everything planned out too, all the archers and guards in my escape route were assassinated before I went for william.

SpyderNynja
12-08-2007, 07:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash_Plague:
lol, yeah, I tried to do that with william, but all I did was land next to the guy and then Altair just drew his sword and I had to kill william mano -a-mono.

wasn't really that great actually, I had everything planned out too, all the archers and guards in my escape route were assassinated before I went for william. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here, i was pretty pissed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Skaevola
12-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Me, too. Worst botched assassination ever, except for the hangman-guy: perfect epic assassination... until he moves at the last second and Altair brushes right past. It sucked.

Anyways, back on-topic, the Death From Above assassination is extremely helpful when you're killing all the Templars (I finally did it a week ago! Hooray!). Almost all of them can be killed that way, even the ones that the strategy guide say can't be snuck up on. Screw you, strategy guide! I snuck up on all but four of them!
(And I killed one of those four while riding a horse; frickin' awesome!)

T_Spoon_UK
12-09-2007, 04:21 AM
It's easy..

All you have to do is be locked on, jump at them and hold the X button. ( Or whatever the attack button is on the PS3 )

I do 'em all the time.. got William easily with it and most of my templar kills.

davecmk
12-09-2007, 04:57 AM
I done on William, it worked really well. All i done was jump on to the wooden stand and then jump on to him pressing square. I didn't manage to do it to any other target though.(I think there was only one target i didn't manage to assassinate correctly.

Gamewrecker
12-09-2007, 03:27 PM
I had the most awesome kill the other day. You know the 2nd or third guy you assassinate. The archer who runs away. I was running after him (he had a good head start) and jumped on some of the planks sticking out from the houses. Ran over about 4 of them when suddenly the archer bumped into someone. He tumbled just a little and I immediately pressed X. And jumped from like 15 feet right on him: (he died btw).

It was awesome; jump, jump, jump, jump and WHAM!!! Death from above http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dirtybird21
12-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Isn't that hard, Hold the high profile button and press X when you're near a ledge, Only problem is after you beat the game you can kill normal people, And sometimes i'll be trying 2 kill a guard like that and he just does it 2 a normal person lol.