PDA

View Full Version : Petition: Unlocking Save Data

emwbjr
12-17-2009, 01:09 AM
I'll be honest, I'm not sure how this whole petition thing works, but I'm really hoping for positive results on this one.

The main issue is that Ubisoft chose to for whatever reason lock the game saves so that they can't be copied at all, even through backing up the PS3s memory.

emwbjr
12-17-2009, 01:12 AM
It's a good game and all, but I'm not going to go through the whole game again and get all that stuff, feathers, treasures, etc, just because they don't want to let us copy save files. This is far more important than being able to replay the story missions in my opinion. What's the point of having the replay option and you end up having to go through it again anyway because you couldn't back it up before it got corrupted, your PS3 overheated and died, or any number of other reasons. Personally, I'm at college and I left my PS3 at home. The game came, and I resisted for a while, started playing on a friend's PS3 and got carried away. Break's coming up and I want to put all my hours and effort on my own PS3 and I can't. And I believe I've heard around the forums that the exclusive content can't be carried over either, and I know that I specifically asked about that through the phone support, and they said as long as the accounts linked up it was cool, but that seems to not be case. Anyway, please unlock game saves in the next patch or something, and let the extra content (about $40 worth) be transferred as well when on the same account. Stuff happens, and as hard as it may be to believe, a fair amount of people have multiple PS3s in their lives for one reason or another. PS3s can die, hard drives can be upgraded, files can be corrupted, etc. Please understand that stuff happens and being to backup and transfer save files and content is beneficial and essential. It can be locked to a PSN account, so long as "I" can access "my" data, everything is fine.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Dead-M
12-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by emwbjr:
The main issue is that Ubisoft chose to for whatever reason lock the game saves so that they can't be copied at all, even through backing up the PS3s memory.

Ahem.. U CAN. I just did this yesterday, because my PS3 bluray lens is broke, and ofcourse sony said to restore the system to exclude that it is a software problem, (doh).
Anyway, I still have my save files of AC2, and they both work.

U cant however copy the save file to another account on the ps3, nor on an USB stick

jimbo11235813
12-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by mikefacts:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emwbjr:

Ahem.. U CAN. I just did this yesterday, because my PS3 bluray lens is broke, and ofcourse sony said to restore the system to exclude that it is a software problem, (doh).
Anyway, I still have my save files of AC2, and they both work.

U cant however copy the save file to another account on the ps3, nor on an USB stick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can? how do you back up AC2 files? (seeing as you said you can't save to another ps3 account nor to a USB. What am I supposed to save to then?)

emwbjr
12-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by mikefacts:
U cant however copy the save file to another account on the ps3, nor on an USB stick

If you can't save it on a flash, then you can't put it on another PS3, regardless of the account. If you're PS3 had totally crapped out on you, you would've been screwed. And if you can't save it too an external source that isn't the PS3 it's on, then you're not really backing it up now are you? You can save and keep your data, so long as it ends up on the exact same PS3 it started it on, which means no playing at friend's house without taking your PS3 with you, and you better hope that your PS3 doesn't enter a state beyond repair.