PDA

View Full Version : Night..

Assassin_M
10-13-2011, 10:22 AM
When I play Red Dead Redemption and night fall comes, its a whole other feeling, Its less vibrant, people are asleep its extremely dark.
In AC however night seems to be as vibrant and shiny as day.
anyone agrees ?

Assassin_M
10-13-2011, 10:22 AM
When I play Red Dead Redemption and night fall comes, its a whole other feeling, Its less vibrant, people are asleep its extremely dark.
anyone agrees ?

LordWolv
10-13-2011, 10:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
anyone agrees ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good point. I think if in the night EVERYONE was gone apart from a couple of drunks, it would be a great atmosphere.

Azugo
10-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Yep. This has been one of my very few complaints since AC2.

One easy way to be rid of this is to just simply take off the amount of citizens roaming around...

Rakudaton
10-13-2011, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:

One easy way to be rid of this is to just simply take off the amount of citizens roaming around... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea, but... this would make blending more difficult at night. Perhaps to rectify this, Ezio could have the ability to blend against walls at night. You know how he hugs the wall if you move against one in high profile? Perhaps at night this would make you invisible to guards EXCEPT when they get close, or when they're specifically after you in a chase.

Assassin_M
10-13-2011, 10:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Azugo:

One easy way to be rid of this is to just simply take off the amount of citizens roaming around... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea, but... this would make blending more difficult at night. Perhaps to rectify this, Ezio could have the ability to blend against walls at night. You know how he hugs the wall if you move against one in high profile? Perhaps at night this would make you invisible to guards EXCEPT when they get close, or when they're specifically after you in a chase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would like that feature to be in the shadows not against the wall.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Azugo
10-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Or they could just revise the stupid blending already in-place (make it harder to blend in the day time). I mean, he never blends in with the crowd. He stands out way too much.

Then when night comes, you can blend in the shadows, and like you said -- hug the walls. Then give you the option of when you want to go on an assassination mission (night or day). You could go at day, and risk being caught and start a battle with a bunch of guards. Or, go at night and be stealthy.

It opens up a whole new dimension of tactical thinking.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Or they could just revise the stupid blending already in-place (make it harder to blend in the day time). I mean, he never blends in with the crowd. He stands out way too much.

Then when night comes, you can blend in the shadows, and like you said -- hug the walls. Then give you the option of when you want to go on an assassination mission (night or day). You could go at day, and risk being caught and start a battle with a bunch of guards. Or, go at night and be stealthy.

It opens up a whole new dimension of tactical thinking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not this again. That's not how psychology works. People can't notice stuff like that easily, even if they're on their guard.

Azugo
10-13-2011, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Not this again. That's not how psychology works. People can't notice stuff like that easily, even if they're on their guard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't understand what you're trying to tell me.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 10:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Not this again. That's not how psychology works. People can't notice stuff like that easily, even if they're on their guard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't understand what you're trying to tell me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He could've been wearing a monkey costume and guards would still be having trouble noticing him while he was trying to blend.

lukaszep
10-13-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm so glad you brought this up, i nearly started a thread on it just yesterday.

Yeah night just needs to feel more like night. In AC:B it feels like there's a dark blue wash over everything. When you stand on a rooftop the alley ways below need to be pitch black and the rooftops blueish from the moon if it's a clear sky (although the clouds don't seem to affect lighting at night). It would add so much more to gameplay and would actually make planning your time to start a mission worth while as you could hide in the shadows etc.

Assassin_M
10-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Lukaszep http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif People Im in the eternal gratitude of this man right HERE !!

Ok im done.. I totally agree with ya

Azugo
10-13-2011, 11:05 AM

He could've been wearing a monkey costume and guards would still be having trouble noticing him while he was trying to blend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought you meant.

It's still kind of a stupid system, though. People only need to get a quick glance of 'the guy in the hood and long robes' (AKA; an easily identifiable person) to spot them standing right in the middle of a small crowd, or sitting in a seat.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 11:14 AM

He could've been wearing a monkey costume and guards would still be having trouble noticing him while he was trying to blend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I thought you meant.

It's still kind of a stupid system, though. People only need to get a quick glance of 'the guy in the hood and long robes' (AKA; an easily identifiable person) to spot them standing right in the middle of a small crowd, or sitting in a seat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Have you ever tried spotting a very recognizable person in a crowd of people? It's a lot harder than you might think.

Azugo
10-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Maybe it's just you, LightRey. Because I know I could spot a guy wearing a white robe with a distinctively shaped hood that's standing in a crowd that are just wearing plain clothes.

Anyway, bedtime for me. Nearly 4AM here in Australia.

Assassin_M
10-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Maybe it's just you, LightRey. Because I know I could spot a guy wearing a white robe with a distinctively shaped hood that's standing in a crowd that are just wearing plain clothes.

Anyway, bedtime for me. Nearly 4AM here in Australia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
have a very good night http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
10-13-2011, 11:37 AM

I'm not basing this on personal experience. This is all based on research.

But let's test this. Anyone up for trying to find Waldo in this picture (http://www.findwaldo.com/fankit/graphics/IntlManOfLiterature/Scenes/AtTheBeach.jpg)?

Just time yourself with a stopwatch or something.

Also, keep in mind that when Ezio's blending, he's likely moving from group to group instead of standing in a static picture, so finding him would be a lot harder.

ShaneO7K
10-13-2011, 11:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrqrkihlw-s

The awareness test is pretty good example of what you guys are talking about.
But keep in mind if you already seen it won't really work.

Just try and follow the instructions.

blazefp
10-13-2011, 11:51 AM

It is not just for him. Remember the days of school? If you're outside and you're trying to spot a person while leaving the school, you can never spot the person till she is just 6 feet away from you.

Not me though, I have eagle sense http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Iskander_Estel
10-13-2011, 12:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Just try and follow the instructions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just made imgine Ezio moonwalking between gruops of poeple trying to be stealty.

But I guess that's the point guards are looking for him so he shouldnt be that hard to find.

ShaneO7K
10-13-2011, 12:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Just try and follow the instructions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just made imgine Ezio moonwalking between gruops of poeple trying to be stealty.

But I guess that's the point guards are looking for him so he shouldnt be that hard to find. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The point I was trying to make with the video was that the guards would be too focused on picking him out of a crowd, so Ezio could easily move through them.

Also what the guy posted before about looking for a friend coming out of school is also a good point.

blazefp
10-13-2011, 12:21 PM
I have a nickname (at least) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif but thx for getting my point http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Best comment ever on a awareness test pretty much looked like the one that deadgunner showed:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
New test

How many times does Justin bieber say "baby" in his song 'baby'

The answer is 23

But did n

Anybody see the huge c*** in his mouth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

credit to MonsterSlayer239

InfectedNation
10-13-2011, 01:58 PM
I agree about the guards having a lot of difficulty picking Ezio out from large crowds like you guys are describing and giving examples, but the crowds in AC2/B are so tiny in a lot of areas that he still sticks out.

But then again, the game is first person and we usually look down at ezio from slightly above, not to mention that the camera is always focused on him... I wonder how visible he would be if we could see from the guards view?

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Actually I think the game tones down the reality of how many people would be in the streets. When Ezio is hiding in a group of 4 people, it may be 8 in real life.

InfectedNation
10-13-2011, 02:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Actually I think the game tones down the reality of how many people would be in the streets. When Ezio is hiding in a group of 4 people, it may be 8 in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that's why the Devs should make it more like "real life".
Also it would be interesting to see the crowds/groups change shape and people, similar to the Brotherhood multiplayer, it would feel more dynamic and immersive - which is exactly what they have been mentioning in interviews, but hopefully these developments are done in the right way...

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Uhh, it's not as simple as just making it more like real life. The game engine has limitations, it may not be able to handle a very high amount of moving entities.

InfectedNation
10-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Fair point actually.

RzaRecta357
10-13-2011, 02:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:
I agree about the guards having a lot of difficulty picking Ezio out from large crowds like you guys are describing and giving examples, but the crowds in AC2/B are so tiny in a lot of areas that he still sticks out.

But then again, the game is first person and we usually look down at ezio from slightly above, not to mention that the camera is always focused on him... I wonder how visible he would be if we could see from the guards view? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This mini conversation reminds me of being a teenager trying to find a place to smoke a joint.

I'd always say, let's go to a parking lot at the mall or something and we'd park there. Much better than going off to hide somewhere.

Social stealth FTW!

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:16 PM
err.. So you smoke joints?

woowu
10-13-2011, 02:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
err.. So you smoke joints? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any problem if he does?

Assassin_M
10-13-2011, 02:22 PM
This place turned into a crack Den.. hmmm
Back on topic ?
How can Night be better in your opinions ?

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:25 PM
More guards, less civilians. Darker alleys, more courtesans (this can apply to any time period. just women selling their bodies), more thieves, more seedy people out and about. Maybe some outdoor parties in certain spots, but certainly not a lot.

Assassin_M
10-13-2011, 02:28 PM
More guards, less civilians. Darker alleys, more courtesans (this can apply to any time period. just women selling their bodies), more thieves, more seedy people out and about. Maybe some outdoor parties in certain spots, but certainly not a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nah I like outdoor Parties to be story specific

Jexx21
10-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Well, I mean like small parties behind a house or something.

Sarari
10-13-2011, 02:34 PM
I wish we can see some people entering their houses at night. That would be cool. But I still like the city full at night. Like in those areas where there's a lot of lights, such as Venice. It would be nothing if it was empty at night.

I saw a video of ACR in Turkey where it was night time and they had glowing and colorful lights hanging around the place with people talking. That's what I like to see.

kriegerdesgottes
10-13-2011, 03:02 PM
I have noticed this. Sometimes I fail to realize that it's even night at all. I don't think it's a really big deal but yeah this is yet another thing that RDR has perfected. That game is so great.

LightRey
10-13-2011, 03:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woowu:

Is there any problem if he does? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Only for his health :P

RzaRecta357
10-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Haha, well I'm not a teenager anymore but yes, yes I do.

Anyway, this never really bothered me but now that I think about it...It does. They should just have less civilians making it so you need to parkour a bit more.

Not to mention we have ziplines to get around quick anyway!

blazefp
10-14-2011, 08:32 AM
I think the number of civilians is just fine. We just don't that many people on the streets nowadays (except for NY and cities like that) because people are all in their houses/at work/ on their cars.

I agree with more guards and an occasional party here and there.

And I get Jexx when he says more courtesans http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Assassin_M
10-14-2011, 08:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
I think the number of civilians is just fine. We just don't that many people on the streets nowadays (except for NY and cities like that) because people are all in their houses/at work/ on their cars.

And I get Jexx when he says more courtesans http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No the number of civilians should be minimized, it shouldnt be that during the day there are Picnics, large groups of people walking and conversing and random street performers, and during night time the exact same thing, I mean try walking at night, will it be as alive as it is during the day ? did you see RDR ? that Game has the most alive world to date, and I believe the only game that has the potential to beat that is AC.

Serrachio
10-14-2011, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

And I get Jexx when he says more courtesans http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No the number of civilians should be minimized, it shouldnt be that during the day there are Picnics, large groups of people walking and conversing and random street performers, and during night time the exact same thing, I mean try walking at night, will it be as alive as it is during the day ? did you see RDR ? that Game has the most alive world to date, and I believe the only game that has the potential to beat that is AC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, with the more silent streets, guards could be alerted by the sounds of things breaking and creaking wood when Ezio parkours, so it could call for more slow movement when there is a point where Ezio has to stealthily move through a lot of hostility.

If the places are well lit, there should be an increased amount of people about (for the night), but for dimmer areas, it could have more of the Stalker and Pickpocket Npcs.

Assassin_M
10-14-2011, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

And I get Jexx when he says more courtesans http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No the number of civilians should be minimized, it shouldnt be that during the day there are Picnics, large groups of people walking and conversing and random street performers, and during night time the exact same thing, I mean try walking at night, will it be as alive as it is during the day ? did you see RDR ? that Game has the most alive world to date, and I believe the only game that has the potential to beat that is AC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, with the more silent streets, guards could be alerted by the sounds of things breaking and creaking wood when Ezio parkours, so it could call for more slow movement when there is a point where Ezio has to stealthily move through a lot of hostility.

If the places are well lit, there should be an increased amount of people about (for the night), but for dimmer areas, it could have more of the Stalker and Pickpocket Npcs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yea there should be more stalkers, and shady looking characters, The level of light during Night time in LA Noire was absolutely fantastic I suggest they follow that lead "No jokes intended"

blazefp
10-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Ok a little less people then. The picnics shouldn't exist, the night shouldn't have that much people of course but everything else is just fine.
You should see how Barcelona looks like everyday - street performers all over the city (well, not all over but where they can obviously), practically the same amount of groups and people on the streets as on the AC world, etc. On the ramblas, which are streets specifically to mimes, painters, dancers and stuff like that, you can't walk 2 meters without seeing a street performer.
That's how some parts of the AC world should be.

Serrachio
10-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Ok a little less people then. The picnics shouldn't exist, the night shouldn't have that much people of course but everything else is just fine.
You should see how Barcelona looks like everyday - street performers all over the city (well, not all over but where they can obviously), practically the same amount of groups and people on the streets as on the AC world, etc. On the ramblas, which are streets specifically to mimes, painters, dancers and stuff like that, you can't walk 2 meters without seeing a street performer.
That's how some parts of the AC world should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the picnics referred to day times.

Assassin_M
10-14-2011, 09:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

I think the picnics referred to day times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yea I didnt say that Picnics shouldnt exist, They were invented back then right ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
Picnics should only occur during the day.

blazefp
10-14-2011, 09:50 AM

Yeah I was just listing the things that didn't look right on the game, I probably missed some commas

blazefp
10-14-2011, 09:56 AM

Yea I didnt say that Picnics shouldnt exist, They were invented back then right ? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
Picnics should only occur during the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ok, sry my bad but anyway where are the picnics? I don't remember to see one. If the picnics are inside the city then I totally disagree, they shouldn't exist (except if it's in a park or so) but if they're outside then it's ok I agree with you

Assassin_M
10-14-2011, 09:57 AM

Picnics should only occur during the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ok, sry my bad but anyway where are the picnics? I don't remember to see one. If the picnics are inside the city then I totally disagree, they shouldn't exist (except if it's in a park or so) but if they're outside then it's ok I agree with you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They are in the country side part of Rome, AKA Park

blazefp
10-14-2011, 10:11 AM
They are in the country side part of Rome, AKA Park </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's ok then, they should exist at day time, but not at night.

kalo.yanis
10-14-2011, 10:18 AM
I think the night muliplayer maps are a good example of how the singleplayer game should look at night. I sometimes have difficulty discerning personas in these maps (Pienza N, Florence N, MSM N, Alhambra N, etc.)because of the lighting conditions, which are much darker than those in SP. That's how it should be.

Krayus Korianis
10-14-2011, 10:33 AM

But let's test this. Anyone up for trying to find Waldo in this picture (http://www.findwaldo.com/fankit/graphics/IntlManOfLiterature/Scenes/AtTheBeach.jpg)?

Also, keep in mind that when Ezio's blending, he's likely moving from group to group instead of standing in a static picture, so finding him would be a lot harder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Waldo's in the middle of the picture. In the box looking thing. That only took me 30 seconds :|

blazefp
10-14-2011, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
Waldo's in the middle of the picture. In the box looking thing. That only took me 30 seconds :| </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think guards have that much time, by far

Krayus Korianis
10-14-2011, 10:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
Waldo's in the middle of the picture. In the box looking thing. That only took me 30 seconds :| </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think guards have that much time, by far </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes they do. How often do you blend into a huge crowd of people like in the Waldo picture? Yea... I thought so.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 10:57 AM

I don't think guards have that much time, by far </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes they do. How often do you blend into a huge crowd of people like in the Waldo picture? Yea... I thought so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did you actually time yourself? Unless you did your time is an unreliable, biased measurement.
Again you should keep in mind that Ezio's most often moving around through the crowd and the crowd itself moves too. It's not a static picture. There's also the fact that 30 seconds is more than enough time to use the crowd to sneak away out of eyesight.

E-Zekiel
10-14-2011, 11:02 AM
I dunno. In AC it seems less full of life at night. Granted, the difference is not as stark as RDR...so it could be improved upon. Just remarking that the differences is present, though it could be better.

Krayus Korianis
10-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Yes, I did time myself.

The fact you can't see a robed man walking amongst the people who aren't robed like Ezio is, is unremarkably stupid.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Yes, I did time myself.

The fact you can't see a robed man walking amongst the people who aren't robed like Ezio is, is unremarkably stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please don't use insults. It's against the rules.

blazefp
10-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Yes they do. How often do you blend into a huge crowd of people like in the Waldo picture? Yea... I thought so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you don't need to have a crowd that big. Have you seen AC1 trailer? The first time Altair is in the crowd you can only see him after 2 or 3 seconds when he's already running. And in the end you can always see him but he's really well blended so unless you've already watched the trailer you can't spot him till you start to see it from the top.

Not satisfied yet? Fine you have Eagle vision. Happy now?

Crouching.Tiger
10-14-2011, 11:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by woowu:

I don't think this is the right forum for that question http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Yes, I did time myself.

The fact you can't see a robed man walking amongst the people who aren't robed like Ezio is, is unremarkably stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please don't use insults. It's against the rules. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair, s/he insulted the town guards of late 1400s/early 1500s Italy, I don't think there is a rule against that.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 11:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crouching.Tiger:

I don't think this is the right forum for that question http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Yes, I did time myself.

Please don't use insults. It's against the rules. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair, s/he insulted the town guards of late 1400s/early 1500s Italy, I don't think there is a rule against that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You do realize that he was talking to me right? So you're saying I insulted said guards. I'm not specifically talking about those guards btw. I'm talking about humans in general.
Also, using an insult to reply to an insult is not an excusable way of breaking the rules.

Krayus Korianis
10-14-2011, 11:55 AM
I was going on about the AI for the guards tbh...

LightRey
10-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I was going on about the AI for the guards tbh... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And I was going on about the realism of it.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 12:11 PM
And I was going on about the realism of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of what, Ezio walking around in robes?

LightRey
10-14-2011, 12:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Of what, Ezio walking around in robes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, of the guards having so much trouble noticing him while he's blending.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 12:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Of what, Ezio walking around in robes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, of the guards having so much trouble noticing him while he's blending. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, okay. Don't think so myself, he looks like beyond a noble and those weapons and stuff...whatev.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Unlike in the game, Mercenaries didn't always wear the same kind of clothes. And mercenaries were out in the streets to get hired by people looking for protection, mostly nobles. To a lot of people Ezio could just be a fancy bodyguard. And if the man is in the middle of a crowd Guards aren't going to spot him that easily,

LightRey
10-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Unlike in the game, Mercenaries didn't always wear the same kind of clothes. And mercenaries were out in the streets to get hired by people looking for protection, mostly nobles. To a lot of people Ezio could just be a fancy bodyguard. And if the man is in the middle of a crowd Guards aren't going to spot him that easily, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
exactly.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Unlike in the game, Mercenaries didn't always wear the same kind of clothes. And mercenaries were out in the streets to get hired by people looking for protection, mostly nobles. To a lot of people Ezio could just be a fancy bodyguard. And if the man is in the middle of a crowd Guards aren't going to spot him that easily, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It makes sense to an extent.

Maybe the first time they would think that, but how could you really? counting his armor and robes, which are deeply embroidered he also know had (as of brotherhood:

A vambrace with Assassin symbol
A main vambrace with not only the symbol, but an eagle as well
An Assassin Crest on his belt, slightly jeweled
Doesn't cover his face
People actually do notice you, many times...guards don't for some reason.
Eagle themed robes with elongated tail ends (who would wear that?)

In Revelations:

he has the assassin symbol on his hood
Has the symbol on his chest
Has the symbol on the belt across his chest as a buckle
Eagle themed again

It kind of sounds like you're saying, it's cool if he's covered in blood right near a crime scene, nobody will notice.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 03:16 PM

Maybe the first time they would think that, but how could you really? counting his armor and robes, which are deeply embroidered he also know had (as of brotherhood:

Doesn't cover his face

In Revelations:

Eagle themed again

It kind of sounds like you're saying, it's cool if he's covered in blood right near a crime scene, nobody will notice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The guards know nothing about the templars and the assassins and their symbols.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM

Doesn't cover his face

In Revelations:

Eagle themed again

It kind of sounds like you're saying, it's cool if he's covered in blood right near a crime scene, nobody will notice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The guards know nothing about the templars and the assassins and their symbols. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The guards would recognize that the guy killing them is dressed as such

SteelCity999
10-14-2011, 03:19 PM

I always had a problem with how the notoriety was handled. I can understand when you jump sequences that the notoriety would disappear because its usually a few years time span but when you are going from mission to mission, you have heralds, posters and you wear what he does, the whole dynamic is just ludicrous. You should have to do more than pull down 2 posters and bribe a herald..I mean really. That's where the stealth in the game went away. Ezio wears a cape, a sword, a crossbow, and everything else...and you can walk the streets like normal? I guess everyone was blind back then...no good glasses, maybe cataracts. Just a bad dynamic.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 03:24 PM
The guards would recognize that the guy killing them is dressed as such </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Most of the guards don't live to tell the tale and those that do generally wouldn't remember such details. That's another thing humans are bad at. In fact, the more "exciting" the memory, the less reliable it is.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 03:27 PM
The guards would recognize that the guy killing them is dressed as such </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Most of the guards don't live to tell the tale and those that do generally wouldn't remember such details. That's another thing humans are bad at. In fact, the more "exciting" the memory, the less reliable it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they would. You keep dumbing down people, lol. And if one person saw them, they'd pass the information around. You might forget where you put your keys and such, but you don't forget a mass murderer dress like an eagle who climbs up walls, lol. And tbh, what do you mean people don't see me? I walk around all the time, messing with people and stuff. Of course they'd notice me by now

Combine what I've said above now with this, "Would you remember Ezio if you saw him and you were a guard?"

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Actually I think you're overestimating people's memories. Sure, we all have it locked in our heads but we can't pull up memories easily at will.

If the theory of evolution is 100% true, we'll probably get that ability as we evolve. Funny though, the theory of evolution isn't true in AC.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Most of the guards don't live to tell the tale and those that do generally wouldn't remember such details. That's another thing humans are bad at. In fact, the more "exciting" the memory, the less reliable it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, they would. You keep dumbing down people, lol. And if one person saw them, they'd pass the information around. You might forget where you put your keys and such, but you don't forget a mass murderer dress like an eagle who climbs up walls, lol. And tbh, what do you mean people don't see me? I walk around all the time, messing with people and stuff. Of course they'd notice me by now

Combine what I've said above now with this, "Would you remember Ezio if you saw him and you were a guard?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm again basing this on research. When people are in an alerted state, their ability to notice details and the ability to accurately remember the events decreases significantly.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Trust him, he's a scientist.

E-Zekiel
10-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Not to mention, Ezio blends fairly well into Constantinople with the robes he will be wearing. I feel like somehow you guys forgot about that. Not sure how.

o_O

Assassin_M
10-14-2011, 03:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Not to mention, Ezio blends fairly well into Constantinople with the robes he will be wearing. I feel like somehow you guys forgot about that. Not sure how.

o_O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For argument`s sake I suppose..

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 03:44 PM
@Jexx21: if you just saw him and somebody asked you where he went right then, yeah, you could. Police ask victims about the killers all the time. while they don't always answer, a person won't remember nothing at all about a person.

Combine what I've said above now with this, "Would you remember Ezio if you saw him and you were a guard?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm again basing this on research. When people are in an alerted state, their ability to notice details and the ability to accurately remember the events decreases significantly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're saying this happens every single time an assassin of any kind does anything? this is actually disproven in AC: The Fall, the little boy who saw Nikolai grew up and saw him later when he was a middle aged man and remembered him.

You guys make it seem liek train soldiers are going to be that surprised by the guy going around the city killing people. They won't block it out, things like that happened allot back then. We were tougher. Not like we'd block out everything ever single time it happened. Lol

And you didn't answer my question Lightrey, about if you would remember Ezio or not.

@Jexx21: lol, you're only saying that cause he's on your side! And Ezio is wearing dark blue in a land of sand and red colored robes, he sticks out less, but I could point him out easy

LightRey
10-14-2011, 03:50 PM
@Jexx21: if you just saw him and somebody asked you where he went right then, yeah, you could. Police ask victims about the killers all the time. while they don't always answer, a person won't remember nothing at all about a person.

I'm again basing this on research. When people are in an alerted state, their ability to notice details and the ability to accurately remember the events decreases significantly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're saying this happens every single time an assassin of any kind does anything? this is actually disproven in AC: The Fall, the little boy who saw Nikolai grew up and saw him later when he was a middle aged man and remembered him.

You guys make it seem liek train soldiers are going to be that surprised by the guy going around the city killing people. They won't block it out, things like that happened allot back then. We were tougher. Not like we'd block out everything ever single time it happened. Lol

And you didn't answer my question Lightrey, about if you would remember Ezio or not.

@Jexx21: lol, you're only saying that cause he's on your side! And Ezio is wearing dark blue in a land of sand and red colored robes, he sticks out less, but I could point him out easy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The fall can't prove anything on its own. Unless it's backed up by the games it could be non-canon.

Witnesses generally have a whole lot of trouble remembering exact details of the events they witnessed. Often they can't even remember the hair color of an assailant, let alone some kind of symbol on his robes.

Honestly, I doubt I could remember accurately what Ezio looked like, if he'd attacked me once or twice. All I'd probably be able to say to describe him was that he was wearing a (white) hood.

I might be able to pick him out of a lineup, if I somehow got a good look at his face.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 03:58 PM

@Jexx21: lol, you're only saying that cause he's on your side! And Ezio is wearing dark blue in a land of sand and red colored robes, he sticks out less, but I could point him out easy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The fall can't prove anything on its own. Unless it's backed up by the games it could be non-canon.

Witnesses generally have a whole lot of trouble remembering exact details of the events they witnessed. Often they can't even remember the hair color of an assailant, let alone some kind of symbol on his robes.

Honestly, I doubt I could remember accurately what Ezio looked like, if he'd attacked me once or twice. All I'd probably be able to say to describe him was that he was wearing a (white) hood.

I might be able to pick him out of a lineup, if I somehow got a good look at his face. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, you'd go from there. white hood, long robes, simply enough, right?

He isn't very sneaky either, he gives his name out to practically everyone and his face is always showing.

Even if it's not in game, it does show that people do remember. And witnesses to the crimes now usually have to describe people in ondescriptive clothing, like a black hoodie and ski mask and gloves. Or whatever

Ezio has parts of him that actually shine. His Belt and Vambraces all in expensive and ornate armor and jeweled. Not many people, let alone mercenary leaders (except the finest) could afford that. And for fdinging out where he lives, well, there's a flag on it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

It's not like he dresses in full mail or like Mario. what he wears is ceremonial in design.

and if we're talking about memory and everythign happening so fast, remember, Ezio just hangs around places. People would catch him easily if they just asked around for the strange man in white.

Who runs on rooftops
And jumps into piles of hay
And wears expensive not worn armor
Who whistles to call down assassins
Who parachutes out of the sky
And has a gun in his arm...everyone can hear it

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 04:01 PM
lol.. The Tiber hideout has NO flags on it. It actually has no Assassin symbols anywhere around it besides on the inside. Unlike in AC1 where there is a clear Assassin symbol on the Bureau.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 04:04 PM

He isn't very sneaky either, he gives his name out to practically everyone and his face is always showing.

Even if it's not in game, it does show that people do remember. And witnesses to the crimes now usually have to describe people in ondescriptive clothing, like a black hoodie and ski mask and gloves. Or whatever

Ezio has parts of him that actually shine. His Belt and Vambraces all in expensive and ornate armor and jeweled. Not many people, let alone mercenary leaders (except the finest) could afford that. And for fdinging out where he lives, well, there's a flag on it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

It's not like he dresses in full mail or like Mario. what he wears is ceremonial in design.

and if we're talking about memory and everythign happening so fast, remember, Ezio just hangs around places. People would catch him easily if they just asked around for the strange man in white.

Who runs on rooftops
And has a gun in his arm...everyone can hear it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
most people don't see him running on rooftops (that's kinda the point).
He doesn't jump in piles of hay most of the time (those were programmed into the animus).
He probably rarely uses parachutes.
everyone can hear a gun, but nobody can see it, so they often wouldn't know he was the one who fired it.
just because something is shiny, doesn't mean people will notice, while fighting or running away, how ornate and expensive it is.
I don't remember "whistling" to be something so uncommon people can recognize you by it.

There's also the fact that, not only do people have more trouble remembering "exciting" memories, but their minds also "distort" such memories (they emphasize, or even make up the dramatic parts).

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 04:05 PM
lol.. The Tiber hideout has NO flags on it. It actually has no Assassin symbols anywhere around it besides on the inside. Unlike in AC1 where there is a clear Assassin symbol on the Bureau. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! Yeah, I'm thinking of Monteriggioni. I felt like facepalming so badly when Ezio was like, "How did they find us!?"

Instead I'll just replace it with that. It still makes sense that way.

Serrachio
10-14-2011, 04:07 PM
I think the whole system can be sorted out by how people react to Ezio.

If he is notorious, civilians could point him out when guards come. If he kills someone, someone could go run and alert a guard, instead of just staring.

I'd like it if guards followed you if they saw you rip down a wanted poster, or bribe a herald.

It would be nice if in later games, bloodstains on your clothes could give you away and make guards extra suspicious of you.

Maybe you'd have to get your robes washed at a Tailor (like dyes), or jump into some water to have them soak away.

LightRey
10-14-2011, 04:09 PM
I think the whole system can be sorted out by how people react to Ezio.

If he is notorious, civilians could point him out when guards come. If he kills someone, someone could go run and alert a guard, instead of just staring.

I'd like it if guards followed you if they saw you rip down a wanted poster, or bribe a herald.

It would be nice if in later games, bloodstains on your clothes could give you away and make guards extra suspicious of you.

Maybe you'd have to get your robes washed at a Tailor (like dyes), or jump into some water to have them soak away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They do follow you if you rip down a poster.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Blood doesn't stain the clothes for more than 5 seconds, guards do push you around if you pull down a wanted poster in front of them, and the notoriety system doesn't exist anymore.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 04:11 PM

I might be able to pick him out of a lineup, if I somehow got a good look at his face. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who runs on rooftops
And has a gun in his arm...everyone can hear it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
most people don't see him running on rooftops (that's kinda the point).
He doesn't jump in piles of hay most of the time (those were programmed into the animus).
He probably rarely uses parachutes.
everyone can hear a gun, but nobody can see it, so they often wouldn't know he was the one who fired it.
just because something is shiny, doesn't mean people will notice, while fighting or running away, how ornate and expensive it is.
I don't remember "whistling" to be something so uncommon people can recognize you by it.

There's also the fact that, not only do people have more trouble remembering "exciting" memories, but their minds also "distort" such memories (they emphasize, or even make up the dramatic parts). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll go in a list so that I can counter or agree with what you did, cool with you?:

-No, but they do see and talk about it when you get up to those rooftops. Every watches you climb.

-For the Reach high Points he does, else we'd have those parts of the map

-that's an assumption about the parachutes, and just seeing that once is enough to remember and talk to people about it

-they will remember all that armor in the poorer districts and that fact that only Exio an d the guards seem to have that kind of armor

-He whistles, pulls his hand up and

-You honestly mean to say nobody would ever remember him? Never would? Then the people would remember me by the posters and how I'm always walking through the streets. and even if we're talking to a witness, you get the basics down, as you said yourself, a white hood, and by me, flowing robes.

You go from there.

...AWW MAN! We did it again dude!

blazefp
10-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Just think, I've seen numerous weird people on the streets. Do I remember anyone? No, just one that lives in my street and I use to see more often.

I could see a guy really weirdo yesterday and I couldn't remember him today. Ezio only assassinates guards when he's on a mission, which isn't that often, so it's kinda normal that people didn't remembered him.

EDIT: don't quote the entire thread plz

Serrachio
10-14-2011, 04:15 PM
They do follow you, but after a while they leave you alone.

It's like they barely think much of it. It would be nice if it had restored the whole 25% that it took off.

Notoriety has a different form, but if the Templars are aware of the Assassins the more it increases, it's not a surprise that the civilians do too.

After all, EscoBlades did have to bribe a couple of heralds when he played the game at a press event.

Edit: Stop making quote pyramids please, you only have to respond to the most recent post.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Just think, I've seen numerous weird people on the streets. Do I remember anyone? No, just one that lives in my street and I use to see more often.

I could see a guy really weirdo yesterday and I couldn't remember him today. Ezio only assassinates guards when he's on a mission, which isn't that often, so it's kinda normal that people didn't remembered him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, then wouldn't him walking down the street stir those memories up? If you kept seeing him walk down and up the same street over and over again, you would. Every block has their residential weird guy.

And it seems nobody is trying to investigate this.

I know investigation was common back then, but with the pope backing them it would be a top priority.

But yeah, I'm stopping here. I don't like to argue on here anymore (people always get mad) and it's derailing the topic again. So yeah.

@serrachio: lol, I did, now I just have the first step to one

LightRey
10-14-2011, 04:19 PM
I'll go in a list so that I can counter or agree with what you did, cool with you?:

-No, but they do see and talk about it when you get up to those rooftops. Every watches you climb.

-For the Reach high Points he does, else we'd have those parts of the map

-that's an assumption about the parachutes, and just seeing that once is enough to remember and talk to people about it

-they will remember all that armor in the poorer districts and that fact that only Exio an d the guards seem to have that kind of armor

-He whistles, pulls his hand up and

-You honestly mean to say nobody would ever remember him? Never would? Then the people would remember me by the posters and how I'm always walking through the streets. and even if we're talking to a witness, you get the basics down, as you said yourself, a white hood, and by me, flowing robes.

You go from there.

...AWW MAN! We did it again dude! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ezio isn't anymore famous than La Volpe (at best he's a myth), so telling the guards there's a white robed murderer on the loose that has killed countless people isn't something they'll likely believe.

And again no, very likely nobody would remember more of him than the fact that he's wearing white robes (which he might not have throughout the entire game).

The poor wouldn't recognize his armor any more quickly than the rich would, it doesn't stand out enough.

he whistles and pulls his hand up. Yeah, he's clearly that mythical criminal that kills everyone.

There's also the fact that Ezio didn't actually kill every guard he encountered. In the game we, as players, often massacre hordes of guards, but he likely avoided unnecessary combat at most turns.

You're assuming just as much about the parachutes as I am.

He doesn't do leaps of faith at the high points actually. Those are for generating animus maps, not for Ezio.

blazefp
10-14-2011, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by Serrachio
They do follow you, but after a while they leave you alone.

It's like they barely think much of it. It would be nice if it had restored the whole 25% that it took off.

Notoriety has a different form, but if the Templars are aware of the Assassins the more it increases, it's not a surprise that the civilians do too.

After all, EscoBlades did have to bribe a couple of heralds when he played the game at a press event.

Edit: Stop making quote pyramids please, you only have to respond to the most recent post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They follow you, push you away and if you don't flee they'll recognize you and start a fight. And then you'll probably get those 25% you've just took off + extra %.

blazefp
10-14-2011, 04:32 PM

I could see a guy really weirdo yesterday and I couldn't remember him today. Ezio only assassinates guards when he's on a mission, which isn't that often, so it's kinda normal that people didn't remembered him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, then wouldn't him walking down the street stir those memories up? If you kept seeing him walk down and up the same street over and over again, you would. Every block has their residential weird guy.

And it seems nobody is trying to investigate this.

I know investigation was common back then, but with the pope backing them it would be a top priority.

But yeah, I'm stopping here. I don't like to argue on here anymore (people always get mad) and it's derailing the topic again. So yeah.

@serrachio: lol, I did, now I just have the first step to one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you on that thing of investigating but really what else could people do? Light has already said what needs to be said about this.

About the memory's thing, yeah but I used to see that guy/girl/...thing like what, once in a month? And we have a lot less people on the streets nowadays so it's easier to remember. Also de ja vus only happen with "strong" memories and after a considerable period of time and still, de ja vus only "rings the bell" nothing more, you can't remember nothing specific with a de ja vu. Plus a guy practicing parkour isn't that memorable, killing a guard yes but just fast moves isn't enough.

I'll stop here too, I have to go to bed.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 04:35 PM
@Lightrey: how come the Byzantine automatically know its us in Revelations? And for the parachute thing I picked a medium approach. They saw a person flying that's memorable.

Krayus Korianis
10-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Either way, the guards are incredibly stupid. Can't see the guy in robes is the guy they're trying to find...

LightRey
10-14-2011, 04:37 PM
@Lightrey: how come the Byzantine automatically know its us in Revelations? And for the parachute thing I picked a medium approach. They saw a person flying that's memorable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because the Templars do know of course. The guards are clueless however.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 04:42 PM
@Lightrey: how come the Byzantine automatically know its us in Revelations? And for the parachute thing I picked a medium approach. They saw a person flying that's memorable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because the Templars do know of course. The guards are clueless however. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because the guards were told by another person, a templar, right?

LightRey
10-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Because the Templars do know of course. The guards are clueless however. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because the guards were told by another person, a templar, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The guards are told nothing. At best when a target is scared they'll be told to watch out for "the man in the white hood", but beyond that they're left completely in the dark.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 04:57 PM

Because the guards were told by another person, a templar, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The guards are told nothing. At best when a target is scared they'll be told to watch out for "the man in the white hood", but beyond that they're left completely in the dark. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Byzantine guards attack you on sight in Revelations, they know what you look like.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 05:00 PM
The Byzantine Guards are Templars..

LightRey
10-14-2011, 05:01 PM
The Byzantine Guards are Templars.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Where did you hear that? Last I checked they were just Byzantine guards.

Either way your point still stands since they serve the Templars directly.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 05:05 PM
The Byzantine Guards are Templars.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Where did you hear that? Last I checked they were just Byzantine guards.

Either way your point still stands since they serve the Templars directly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and yeah, they're Templars, was confirmed a while ago. Yusuf even says it when they kill one.

What I'm saying is, somebody told them to watch out for Ezio. And so they did.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 05:07 PM
And actually the red guards in AC2 served the Borgia's directly, as they were the Borgia guards in both AC2 and ACB. You could actually make a fight happen between the Borgia Guards and the City Guards in AC2 like in ACR with the Byzantines and Ottomans. Except in AC2 the Borgia guards just guarded banks and certain spots.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 07:59 PM
So...there's like two pages of off topic crap again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif these topics are so derailed.

anyways for the night thing, I'm not sure if they've been said but

-An increase in beggars and Stalkers
-less hiding spots, since people with carts would have rolled them away and less benches to blend with
-Crowds replaced with more guards
-Some Shops close, other shops open "specialty" goods away from the eyes of the guards
-Courtesans should come out only during night, replacing the Romani

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 08:06 PM
I think stuff like this won't come until AC3 or beyond, sadly.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 08:11 PM
I think stuff like this won't come until AC3 or beyond, sadly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're probably right, Ubsifot makes little changes with stuff like this. They only take massive leaps with numbered titles. though AC3 will only have about a year and maybe a few months for completion.

Not sure if it'll be that depth.

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Well, I sure hope that AC3 has been in development since AC2.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Well, I sure hope that AC3 has been in development since AC2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It hasn't, they started around well, now

*prays that somebody proves me wrong*

naran6142
10-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Well, I sure hope that AC3 has been in development since AC2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the developer did say they no where they are taking the game, so im sure AC3 will have plenty of awesomeness

now it would be cool to see thing change a bit during the night except just getting darker but in my opinion we wont see it ACR

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Meh, guess we won't know until next year.

I really do want news on AC3 though.

naran6142
10-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Meh, guess we won't know until next year.

I really do want news on AC3 though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well E3 is only 8 months away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Brunadas
10-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Will AC:Revelations have a day/night shift or gonna only have day?What I mean is,in the citys(while free roaming and not in missions) will we see the day change to night and vice-versa?

In the game we know that is the day/night circle because of the footage seen from gameplay(the one where he blows the boats is during the day,and the one where he kill Leandros is during the night).

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 08:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

Well the developer did say they no where they are taking the game, so im sure AC3 will have plenty of awesomeness

now it would be cool to see thing change a bit during the night except just getting darker but in my opinion we wont see it ACR </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think we might see more guards and the weather effects are looking cool, so I think that's about it, right?

Edit, Jexx: I want some Desmond gameplay!

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 08:37 PM
You know, after so many arguments about the ancestor of AC3, I don't care where it is anymore.

CRUDFACE
10-14-2011, 08:48 PM
You know, after so many arguments about the ancestor of AC3, I don't care where it is anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come on http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif that's half the rush of a new AC game. It might be the Thule Society, the gold rush, the Americas, French Revolution, Egypt with Imhotep, going on conquest with Alexander the great...so many things, right?

But, lol, I can understand it if people are arguing about stuff too much and getting on your nerves about it. Have we talked about it recently? I swear we haven't in quite some time.

Or maybe you need a break from the forum or something? Don't leave permanently, just for a few days. i won't be here starting the 16th

kriegerdesgottes
10-14-2011, 08:51 PM
lookin good t260z http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jexx21
10-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Oh, no. It's just that I feel like whatever the ancestor and location is I won't exactly care, as I don't really care where it is anymore. I know it'll probably be a really good location.

kriegerdesgottes
10-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Oh, no. It's just that I feel like whatever the ancestor and location is I won't exactly care, as I don't really care where it is anymore. I know it'll probably be a really good location. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure it'll be a good location and I'm certain they know exactly where it's going to be and they are probably working on it as we speak but I wouldn't say I don't care. There are a couple places or I guess I should say time periods(like WWII) I can think of that would greatly disturb me.

DavisP92
10-14-2011, 09:17 PM

It hasn't, they started around well, now

*prays that somebody proves me wrong* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually i remember hearing that they were working on a new assassin (voice acting) or something during ACB. so they could have been working on it somewhat since AC2-ACB. and just are gonna start like crazy after ACR

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Oh, by the way t260z, the Eagle was actually a common symbol in Rome, specifically in it's past.

Ezio could be mistaken for an Elite Bodyguard of Rome who uses the old symbols to show his dedication to Rome.

I mean, it's the reason why the Brutus armor is so Eagle-like, it's a very common symbol.

CRUDFACE
10-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh, by the way t260z, the Eagle was actually a common symbol in Rome, specifically in it's past.

Ezio could be mistaken for an Elite Bodyguard of Rome who uses the old symbols to show his dedication to Rome.

I mean, it's the reason why the Brutus armor is so Eagle-like, it's a very common symbol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, the eagle was on the SPQR, the eagle standard of a Aquilifier legionary, represented Zeus and was the form he took most. The sky always wins in religion! And an eagle is cool.

But there are no guards who use the eagle symbol, lol the most elite where the bull of the Borgia. And by now, everyone knows the symbols he wears. They don't have to know the history behind all the A's he wears to know that he's a man in elaborate armor and long flowing robes and white hood. Nobody dresses like him.

I think the term is Suspension of Disbelief and that's what the series lives on. Like why the templars have never tried to demonize the assassins and tried to get the caught. I'm starting to accept that now.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 09:25 AM
well, you do know that the Mercenaries probably didn't all dress like thugs.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some out there still dwelling on the old styles of Rome. So thus that may be why the guards ignore Ezio's attire.

And the most elite guards were the Papal Guards, which are the Pope's guards and the Pope was a Borgia. :P

'sides, I don't think they were gonna take an obviously pagan symbol there. Even though their holidays were originally Pagan ones. Christmas was originally from Dec 21st to Dec 25th, and it was a celebration of Apollo coming out more or something.

CRUDFACE
10-15-2011, 09:37 AM
well, you do know that the Mercenaries probably didn't all dress like thugs.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some out there still dwelling on the old styles of Rome. So thus that may be why the guards ignore Ezio's attire.

And the most elite guards were the Papal Guards, which are the Pope's guards and the Pope was a Borgia. :P

'sides, I don't think they were gonna take an obviously pagan symbol there. Even though their holidays were originally Pagan ones. Christmas was originally from Dec 21st to Dec 25th, and it was a celebration of Apollo coming out more or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm saying that the mercenaries dressed in armor and wore noble to common clothes when not in battle.

find me a person who dresses enough like Ezio to mistake him with everyone else, lol

Dude, the Papal Guards wore the bull on their chests. I was referring to them.

I don't why you're talking about symbols on the bottom. I'm saying you don't have to know the symbol's history. You just have to recognize it. and he's always around, showing it off.

It's like twisting facts to suit your own needs. you keep saying "maybe this" "hope this" "probably this" "EVERY SINGLE person not remembering anything about him."

Dude, in nearly 1000 years since they reemerged, nobody has caught the assassins. I don't care about this subject anymore. These are Hollywood assassins. They blew up the harbor and nobody seems to remember that.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 10:02 AM
The Templars re-wrote history... I thought you knew that.

..and I knew you were refering to the Papal guards.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore.

CRUDFACE
10-15-2011, 10:15 AM
The Templars re-wrote history... I thought you knew that.

..and I knew you were refering to the Papal guards.

I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know they rewrote history. But I'm saying, they don't rewrite to that it demonizes the assassin.

Then why'd you state the papal guard thing again? You said they were the papal guard. If you knew I said that why'd you say that again.

Lol, laterz

Serrachio
10-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Back on topic please.

We are supposed to be discussing the night-time functions.

Tijntm
10-15-2011, 12:05 PM

Also, keep in mind that when Ezio's blending, he's likely moving from group to group instead of standing in a static picture, so finding him would be a lot harder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Took me about 15 seconds.

Sarari
10-15-2011, 12:12 PM
I think they should extend the night time in ACR. The day time took forever to pass by and the night time fly by.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 12:17 PM

I mean, it's the reason why the Brutus armor is so Eagle-like, it's a very common symbol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, the eagle was on the SPQR, the eagle standard of a Aquilifier legionary, represented Zeus and was the form he took most. The sky always wins in religion! And an eagle is cool.

But there are no guards who use the eagle symbol, lol the most elite where the bull of the Borgia. And by now, everyone knows the symbols he wears. They don't have to know the history behind all the A's he wears to know that he's a man in elaborate armor and long flowing robes and white hood. Nobody dresses like him.

I think the term is Suspension of Disbelief and that's what the series lives on. Like why the templars have never tried to demonize the assassins and tried to get the caught. I'm starting to accept that now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, yes they have! The whole templar plot in AC1 was about that! Rodrigo became pope and waged war against the assassins, and then he was going to leave them alone because they showed him how strong they were, and then Cesare used papal forces to blow up their base, and tried to do the same to them in Rome! They used propoganda from the heralds, offered rewards, set up towers full of men ready to kill the Assassins on sight, but the thing is, they're just too darned good.

The Templars don't need to tell the public about the Assassins in detail. All they need to do is use their forces (Basically every sizable military operation in the world, by present day) and aim them in the right direction.

And by exposing too much of them and explaining that they're an ancient organization with X goals, they risk people agreeing and joining them, or historians poking around and accidentally finidng links from Templars to all their various covers.

Almost no-one knows these groups as being Assassins and Templars, unless you mean assassins in it's literal term. Assassins pose as literal assassins a lot. It's funny how that's actually the best cover.

Jexx21
10-15-2011, 12:29 PM
I think Rodrigo still wanted to take down the Assassins though..

He just wanted to amass a large force of skilled people.

Black_Widow9
10-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Let's get back to the Topic at hand please. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif