PDA

View Full Version : OT. My TV Remote Control. 4 crazy buttons. anyone in Europe ...

Copperhead310th
03-20-2007, 06:35 PM
So i have a Proview 32 in flat panel LCD HDTV/ Monitor. on the bottom of the remote there are 4 little round buttons all in a row.
from left to right they are:
<span class="ev_code_RED">RED</span> <span class="ev_code_GREEN">GREEN</span> <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">YELLOW</span> & <span class="ev_code_BLUE">BLUE</span>

After reading the manual 4 or 5 times the only thing i can find says that these button only work in Europe. So seriously..just what the hell aere they and what do they do?
I'm courious.

Copperhead310th
03-20-2007, 06:35 PM
So i have a Proview 32 in flat panel LCD HDTV/ Monitor. on the bottom of the remote there are 4 little round buttons all in a row.
<span class="ev_code_RED">RED</span> <span class="ev_code_GREEN">GREEN</span> <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">YELLOW</span> & <span class="ev_code_BLUE">BLUE</span>

After reading the manual 4 or 5 times the only thing i can find says that these button only work in Europe. So seriously..just what the hell aere they and what do they do?
I'm courious.

Treetop64
03-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Red means stop.
Green means go.
Yellow means go faster.
Blue means get the hell out of the way.

Spectre1968
03-20-2007, 06:55 PM
It`s called Fast text tele-text like a crude form of one way internet(read only) each coloured button goes to an index page (ie. news,tv,sport,weather)

VV_Holdenb
03-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Its for us news junkies in the UK. For teletext services free an very primative graphics and blocky text news reader, just like days of the zx spectrum and acorn "computers".

or used with freeview for channel hop'ing and preveiwing...setting timer etc.

MaxMhz
03-20-2007, 07:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Copperhead310th:

I'm courious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Europe has a text service piggy-backed on the TV signal (called Ceefax/teletext) that holds a lot of information like TV listings, weather forecast, news, sports wtc. The coloured buttons are used for 'fastext'to navigate these pages quickly. (next previous page, indexes etc. They are also used for digital TV interactive programs.

Copperhead310th
03-20-2007, 07:26 PM
ahhh ok. got it. cool. thanks guys.

Copperhead310th
03-20-2007, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaxMhz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Copperhead310th:

I'm courious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Europe has a text service piggy-backed on the TV signal (called Ceefax/teletext) that holds a lot of information like TV listings, weather forecast, news, sports wtc. The coloured buttons are used for 'fastext'to navigate these pages quickly. (next previous page, indexes etc. They are also used for digital TV interactive programs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now when you say:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> They are also used for digital TV interactive programs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that INTERACTIVE as in i could sit at home in my underwear, drink beer, and play " Who want's to be a Millionaire" right from my recliner? lol
Cause i Roxxor @ quiz shows. Just ask Alex Tribek...He's my lil B I T C H. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif rofl.
that would be very cool actaully. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif