PDA

View Full Version : Immersionage PWNZ!

PBNA-Boosher
10-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Last night I patched to 4.02m and took a corsair up, for kicks, against two Ace Bf-109G-6/AS's. I stuck in cockpit view, no icons, just me and them, gave them the advantage.

MAN THAT WAS A BLAST!

I downed one of them with a nice .50 cal burst to his Daimler-Benz and then tangoed with the second one. But the absolute best, (yes, I started a sentence with a conjunction), the best part was when I was dogfighting the both of them and chasing one. I got EXTREMELY lucky. I was about to make a pass on the leader when his wingman came in on a dive with a huge amount of energy and raked my engine with his MG's. He only landed one cannon hit but it glanced off the top, doing minimal damage. I had the sound blasted way up, I was concentrating on my target so hard that I didn't notice him...

I have never jumped so high out of my seat in my life.

PBNA-Boosher
10-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Last night I patched to 4.02m and took a corsair up, for kicks, against two Ace Bf-109G-6/AS's. I stuck in cockpit view, no icons, just me and them, gave them the advantage.

MAN THAT WAS A BLAST!

I downed one of them with a nice .50 cal burst to his Daimler-Benz and then tangoed with the second one. But the absolute best, (yes, I started a sentence with a conjunction), the best part was when I was dogfighting the both of them and chasing one. I got EXTREMELY lucky. I was about to make a pass on the leader when his wingman came in on a dive with a huge amount of energy and raked my engine with his MG's. He only landed one cannon hit but it glanced off the top, doing minimal damage. I had the sound blasted way up, I was concentrating on my target so hard that I didn't notice him...

I have never jumped so high out of my seat in my life.

danjama
10-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I know exactly what u mean, this happens every time ever since my audigy got installed. Bullets hitting my wings really scare me now, especially with my headphones pronged up full! The sound layers really come alive with a sound card! I dont know how many times ive been sneaked up on by Ai wingmen they are crafty at times, then again why isnt my wingman so smart http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Immersion is where its at for sure. Best upgrade ive ever made is a sound card.

carts
10-19-2005, 04:42 PM
And that,Ladies and Gents,is why,despite the whining,we love this sim http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif