PDA

View Full Version : Sink Times

pilotinho
03-18-2005, 11:42 AM
First of all AWESOME GAME. You have lived up to your expectations of wanted to make the best sub sim. IT IS GREAT. One thing I was hoping that would get addressed in a patch is that I still think the sink times are too fast. Even with the realism option "realistic sink times" enable. Usually ships took longer than 1 minute to sink, especially larger warships with their advanced construction and crew training and sheer size in filling a volume that large full of water. I know the Hood and Barham all sank quickly but by and large I think they are exceptions.

Nieldo
03-18-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm sure if the devs dont change them then someone which teh historical knowlage will change it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mods will prevail

TASKFORCE1x1
03-18-2005, 12:36 PM
You can make a mission and set up a static ship in the water and practice Bow shots. I did that and saw the ships sink much more slowly when you hit the very tip of their ship with a bow shot torpedo. Deck gunning that area too will of course make it sink slowly. If you hit a cargo hold filled with ammo it will sink like a rock. Historically merchant men dredded being on ships filled with 5ton steel ingots because those ships sink as fast as 1 min or less. This is historically accurate information. Tilber filled ships sink very slowly.

Hfael
03-18-2005, 12:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Even with the realism option "realistic sink times" enable. Usually ships took longer than 1 minute to sink, especially larger warships with their advanced construction and crew training and sheer size in filling a volume that large full of water. I know the Hood and Barham all sank quickly but by and large I think they are exceptions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just sat and watched a C2 Cargo Ship take 2 freakin' days to sink. Grrr. (I was out of torpedoes and had no gun (Type IIA).)

Don't talk to me about realistic sink times. :-) :-)

JavDog
03-18-2005, 12:51 PM
I don't know what u guys are taking about.... Lastnight in multiplayer...a wolfpack of us (4 players) were slamming oil tankers and Destroyers and they would just keep going.

They sank, but it took at least 20 min. I mean cmon.....I ain't watching a blasted ship sink...I'm planning who to hit next. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif