PDA

View Full Version : HELP Da Vinci disappearance DOESNT WORK because it needs a title update

Ameerlatiff
03-08-2011, 06:01 AM
"some or all of your downloadable content requires a title update from xbox live. you will not be able to access it until the title update is applied"

I keep getting this message eversince i bought the da vinci disappearance. Whats the deal with that? What do I do to get this title update? The only option they give me is "OK". Ok doesn't help.

Someone please tell me what to do. I want to play this game......

Ameerlatiff
03-08-2011, 06:01 AM
"some or all of your downloadable content requires a title update from xbox live. you will not be able to access it until the title update is applied"

I keep getting this message eversince i bought the da vinci disappearance. Whats the deal with that? What do I do to get this title update? The only option they give me is "OK". Ok doesn't help.

Someone please tell me what to do. I want to play this game......

BioPulse.ps3
03-08-2011, 06:21 AM
well you just have to wait for an update from ubi. the dlc just came out today, so you can just wait a few hours and see what happens.

Mr_Shade
03-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Hi There,

Title Updates roll out to different regions at different times - sometimes.

Ubisoft have little control over when that happens, but it is normally available when a DLC requires it.

You could try deleting your current title update - and see if it can get the latest one from the XBL servers [sometimes it can trigger the update]

Goto your system settings > memory > games > ACB and delete ONLY the title update [it should be plain to see]

If you are not 100% confident, please do not attempt it and wait for the update to trickle down to you - it should be today, if the DLC is released in your region now.

obliviondoll
03-08-2011, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Hi There,

Title Updates roll out to different regions at different times - sometimes.

Ubisoft have little control over when that happens, but it is normally available when a DLC requires it.

You could try deleting your current title update - and see if it can get the latest one from the XBL servers [sometimes it can trigger the update]

Goto your system settings &gt; memory &gt; games &gt; ACB and delete ONLY the title update [it should be plain to see]

If you are not 100% confident, please do not attempt it and wait for the update to trickle down to you - it should be today, if the DLC is released in your region now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Was mentioned in another thread in MP forum.

The person having the problem had a 7MB title update, after deleting it, they had to download a 9MB replacement, and after that it worked fine.

Ameerlatiff
03-08-2011, 07:13 AM
what are the possible negative outcomes of deleting or replacing the current title update version?

Also, I am from Singapore. We usually get things exactly on the release date of the merchandize or sometimes a day later because of the 13hour time difference. I bought the DLC today. Maybe I'll wait since you said it may come today. Thanks for the help though. Couldn't find any solutions anywhere else on the internet.

Ameerlatiff
03-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Ok i decided to screw it and just delete it anyway.

I too had the 7mb title update and I deleted that. After doing that, I got on the game again and it triggered the 9mb update. After waiting for it to quickly download. The title screen of AC brotherhood came on and it said it was initializing downloadable content. Now that annoying message telling me i can't play it is gone!

Awesome!it worked!

Only problem now is that i don't know how to start playing it. It's not anywhere

Mr_Shade
03-08-2011, 07:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amirlatiff:

Only problem now is that i don't know how to start playing it. It's not anywhere </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The multiplayer content is listed in the multiplayer part of the game.

The single player content - appears on the main map, as a waypoint /mission start after you have completed memory 3 [if I remember correctly]

Ameerlatiff
03-08-2011, 07:24 AM
nvm got it!! sweeeet thanks everyone

Mr_Shade
03-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Glad you found it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Was it highlighted on the map by the way?

I have not had chance to play it yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

CharlotteClarke
03-08-2011, 10:57 AM
DUDES. THANKYOU.

This thread saved me a LOT of time.

ProjectXanatos
03-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Wait, we're getting a new title update? Are there any details about it?

Serrachio
03-08-2011, 11:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Glad you found it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Was it highlighted on the map by the way?

I have not had chance to play it yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry, I will it enjoy it enough for the both of us.

If you want, I can squee like a girl.

Ass4ssin8me
03-08-2011, 01:00 PM
@Shade This might be irrelevant, but do you and the other Moderators get things like DLC for free?

Ameerlatiff
03-08-2011, 02:14 PM
mr shade, it appears on the map by an icon labeled as restored memory or something like that. its very obvious!

its more glitchy than the original though

MarleyMon81
03-08-2011, 03:18 PM
I downloaded it before I left for work this morning but haven't yet gotten home to try it. Is the DLC still giving that message about needing a new update when you go to start it up the first time?

Ines660
03-11-2011, 08:40 PM
I downloaded it today and got the same error message. Only difference is I'm on a PS3 and not Xbox. I deleted the title update and installed the one prompted when I restarted the game, but I still got the error.
Any thoughts?