PDA

View Full Version : BoB

Sherman8r
07-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Hi again

I'm a very big noob to this, in fact, while i own a copy of the origional IL-2, yes that's IL-2 WITHOUT FB, i'm eagerly awaiting my copy of FB+AEP as well as a new joystick, which thus makes it all but impossible to play the origional. What i'm wondering, is, after hearing much about BoB, (Battle of Britian that is), is that a stand alone game? or an expansion pack? or a download or whatever. I know i'm fully showing off my 'noobness' in this question, but am very interesting in knowning the answer nonetheless. Thing is, i haven't seen on the IL-2 homepage anything about the BoB, so this makes me think it's not a standalone version.

Anyway i look forward to reading the replies.
Regards
Sherm

Sherman8r
07-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Hi again

I'm a very big noob to this, in fact, while i own a copy of the origional IL-2, yes that's IL-2 WITHOUT FB, i'm eagerly awaiting my copy of FB+AEP as well as a new joystick, which thus makes it all but impossible to play the origional. What i'm wondering, is, after hearing much about BoB, (Battle of Britian that is), is that a stand alone game? or an expansion pack? or a download or whatever. I know i'm fully showing off my 'noobness' in this question, but am very interesting in knowning the answer nonetheless. Thing is, i haven't seen on the IL-2 homepage anything about the BoB, so this makes me think it's not a standalone version.

Anyway i look forward to reading the replies.
Regards
Sherm

Luftwaffe_109
07-29-2005, 01:50 AM
Battle of Britain is the next flight sim in development by Oleg Maddox, I'm not sure when its expected but not for some time I'd wager.

There is also Pacific Fighters, a stand-alone sim that can also be integrated with IL-2 FB-AEP so that you can add the Pacific Front and planeset to the game. I think most here would recommend it, I certainly do.

Tully__
07-29-2005, 02:19 AM
The program core of BoB will be completely new and will not be compatible with the preceding games in any way. While the current games are being used to test basic versions fo the flight model that will be used in BoB, the rest of the game interface will be completely different.

Pirschjaeger
07-29-2005, 02:23 AM
Are there any updates anywhere Tully or is this a top secret thing?

Fritz

Dunkelgrun
07-29-2005, 04:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pirschjaeger:
Are there any updates anywhere Tully or is this a top secret thing?

Fritz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There used to be some pics in the Dev. Updates section but they were all pulled some time back in case someone pinched the ideas.
If you go here (http://airwarfare.com/Sims/IL2BOB/images/updates/) you can have a look at them though.

Cheers!

Sherman8r
07-29-2005, 04:43 AM
Ahhh that makes sence. Hence the reason why i've not seen photo's or anything is because its not yet out... cool thx guys