PDA

View Full Version : Should I play with subtitles on/off?

tyrce111
09-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Obviously there is going to be itatlian dialouge in AC Brotherhood, I speak some italian but I am not an expert.
should I play with the subtitles on to fully understand what they are saying???
I fear that if I play with the subtitles on I will pay less attention to cinematics and pay more attention to the text near the bottom of the screen...
Any suggestions on what I should do?

tyrce111
09-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Obviously there is going to be itatlian dialouge in AC Brotherhood, I speak some italian but I am not an expert.
should I play with the subtitles on to fully understand what they are saying???
I fear that if I play with the subtitles on I will pay less attention to cinematics and pay more attention to the text near the bottom of the screen...
Any suggestions on what I should do?

Caligula__
09-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I play subtitles cause I can read em whilst playing very very easily

Edit - And it reduces the chance of missing some important dialogue

tyrce111
09-11-2010, 10:38 PM
This is a realy hard decision...
I want to have the maximum experience while playing this...
I played ACII with subtitles off and I liked it but I didnt understand much of the Italian dialouge...
OMG
I HOPE I MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION!

Caligula__
09-11-2010, 10:42 PM
replay a game with heaps of dialogue or just a mission (a COD level perhaps) and just focus on the subtitles.

Then later focus on the subtitles whilst playing

then turn the max difficulty on and play whilst reading every single word

tyrce111
09-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Hmm...
When playing Call of Duty I have subtitles on...
I dont realy mind...
OK!
Ill try subtitles...

Caligula__
09-11-2010, 10:58 PM
kwl http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I hope i've helped http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

JohnConnor2012
09-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Never bothered with them, though amused to understand the Italian swearing is helpfully translated [in brackets] after being rendered in the original.

NuclearFuss
09-12-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm just going to turn them off for the ending. I really want another WTF??? ending, so it can't be spoilt if I read ahead.

AnthonyA85
09-12-2010, 09:43 AM
I had the subtitles on while playing AC2, really helped me when i couldn't hear the character's vioces, plus, it was helpful for understanding the italian.

I'll definately be using the subtitles in Brotherhood.