PDA

View Full Version : Things portrayed, never delivered

Faylinks
11-16-2007, 01:27 AM
I am very happy with Assassins Creed, it has been fun so far. but i was just thinking of some of the ideas/things in AC pre production that never made it to the shipped version, many for good reason, and some for not.
Here are some things:
Crossbow
being able to create obstacles bye slashing wood piles
1 hit k/o
There was a feature that was talked about in the X06 Demo that you would be able to "express yourself" and being able to choose and customize
what you do in free running, IE step above, or swing under. And that is now simplified to just right trigger and a.

Anyways, just if you have anything that you saw in early demoes/movies that you would have liked to see in the shipped version of AC post em here, or things that you would like to see be changed in the game now.

Faylinks
11-16-2007, 01:27 AM
I am very happy with Assassins Creed, it has been fun so far. but i was just thinking of some of the ideas/things in AC pre production that never made it to the shipped version, many for good reason, and some for not.
Here are some things:
Crossbow
being able to create obstacles bye slashing wood piles
1 hit k/o
There was a feature that was talked about in the X06 Demo that you would be able to "express yourself" and being able to choose and customize
what you do in free running, IE step above, or swing under. And that is now simplified to just right trigger and a.

Anyways, just if you have anything that you saw in early demoes/movies that you would have liked to see in the shipped version of AC post em here, or things that you would like to see be changed in the game now.

xekushnr
11-16-2007, 01:35 AM
I think everything but the crossbow made it...

You can still do one hit kills with the counter attack.

I havent tried it, but im sure you can still create obstacles by slashing with CERTAIN wooden structures, I KNOW you can collapse them by throwing people into them. You can take out your sword and swing freely, so I dont see why you cant.

I dont ever remember hearing about being able to choose whether you go over or under one of those poles, but I could be wrong. If you want to get over a pole, release A after jumping towards one and then you'll climb up instead of jumping.

Faylinks
11-16-2007, 01:39 AM
1) i was talking about atiers heath, and that its 1 hit ko for atier.
2)you cannot slash wooden structures for them to fall over, i have tryed, the only way is to throw a gourd into them.
3)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOk5j-iGuTM
it talks about how he had the choice to go over, or on top of the pole when he is free running, this is automated in the final version.

clownfish1485
11-16-2007, 01:40 AM
I read in another thread someone saying they slashed down a wooden stand, but I've tried it on lots of different structures with no luck.

Faylinks
11-16-2007, 01:43 AM
another thing is that full free roam but in the final version you must unlock it, and there are memory walls.

and you can make a merchants stall collapse, but not as an obstacle for gourds

acydxrayn
11-16-2007, 06:18 AM
I have slashed down a structure with my sword, can't remember where I was...but I will try and Redo it so I can let you guys know..

MiniAssasin
11-16-2007, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by acydxrayn:
I have slashed down a structure with my sword, can't remember where I was...but I will try and Redo it so I can let you guys know.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all i can say is im glad they took away the altair 1 hit ko lol i mean seriously it would be insanely hard.

i liek throwing knifes than the crossbow and i hope to god your wrong about the wooden structures

DeAdLy2323
11-16-2007, 06:31 AM
you can still swing under if you choose, just hit no hands button dur. do it all the time

Dvlos56
11-16-2007, 09:20 AM
In an interview with Patrice Desilets on Gamercyde, he pretty much states the amount of freedom and interactivity offered in the game, he also claims that you can play Altair any way you want to.

... any way you want to..

Hmm.. that is almost RPG like right? Like you can be evil, neutral, good, but that's not what this is implying at all since Altair CAN ONLY really kill guards, and his assigned targets.

Now before people jump up and down and say really ignorant things like "BUT BUT THE STORY" no... You don't say you have freedom to do everything, or play how you want to play but in reality mean you are on rails and can GO where ever you want to go on the map.

Level freedom and "play how you want to play" are two different statements, and he makes both.

Also the crowd was stated in X06, E3 2006, Patrice's interviews as an "advanced gameplay element" I personally think this was failed in execution.

Neo-Assassin
11-16-2007, 10:44 AM
do you still earn different gloves for better grip and stuff as you go up in levels? im sure i heard that somewhere

TheECP
11-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah once you get the gloves, you can do the reach out for a ledge thing, when you are falling to your doom.

Faylinks
11-16-2007, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by acydxrayn:
I have slashed down a structure with my sword, can't remember where I was...but I will try and Redo it so I can let you guys know.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all i can say is im glad they took away the altair 1 hit ko lol i mean seriously it would be insanely hard.

i liek throwing knifes than the crossbow and i hope to god your wrong about the wooden structures </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me 2 for the most part, but i would like it to be an option, like a difficulty setting :-D