PDA

View Full Version : Help! Semi- n00b doesn't get US version history

ThePhilanthrope
03-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Hi guys, I picked up the original IL2: Sturmovik years back and liked it, but ended up joining an FPS clan and flight simming got lost in the shuffle.

Now here it is 2007, I'm clanless and burnt out on the FPS scene and just got back into IL2 a bit -- picked up FB and it's quite nice. Having looked into matters though, it's pretty clear that getting into a complete, up- to- date install of the IL2 series is no easy matter for somebody in the States.

So now 1946 is due to be released here this week and I have some version questions (I did a search and didn't find the answer, srry if this is redundant):

1. Should I download from Ubi or wait for the store- bought version? It says at Ubi's online store that the download contains the previous versions (IL2, FB, AEP, PF) but the sticky here says the Euro version doesn't. Which to believe?

2. Assuming that whatever version of 1946 I buy contains all that stuff, would I then be up to date? What about PE2 and Sturmoviks Over Manchuria, are those included as well or would I need to buy those seperately? I assume there may be a patch or two to download.

Again, sorry if these are boneheaded questions but this game seems to have the most byzantine version history I've ever seen... thanks in advance for any help you may have to offer, cheers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ThePhilanthrope
03-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Hi guys, I picked up the original IL2: Sturmovik years back and liked it, but ended up joining an FPS clan and flight simming got lost in the shuffle.

Now here it is 2007, I'm clanless and burnt out on the FPS scene and just got back into IL2 a bit -- picked up FB and it's quite nice. Having looked into matters though, it's pretty clear that getting into a complete, up- to- date install of the IL2 series is no easy matter for somebody in the States.

So now 1946 is due to be released here this week and I have some version questions (I did a search and didn't find the answer, srry if this is redundant):

1. Should I download from Ubi or wait for the store- bought version? It says at Ubi's online store that the download contains the previous versions (IL2, FB, AEP, PF) but the sticky here says the Euro version doesn't. Which to believe?

2. Assuming that whatever version of 1946 I buy contains all that stuff, would I then be up to date? What about PE2 and Sturmoviks Over Manchuria, are those included as well or would I need to buy those seperately? I assume there may be a patch or two to download.

Again, sorry if these are boneheaded questions but this game seems to have the most byzantine version history I've ever seen... thanks in advance for any help you may have to offer, cheers. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Waldo.Pepper
03-11-2007, 02:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">store- bought </div></BLOCKQUOTE> is the way to go. After you get store bought 46, there is one more patch to download to get you to the current 4.08, then that's it.

VW-IceFire
03-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Wait for the store version 1946 DVD. Thats probably the best option.

The IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 DVD contains everything. I mean everything.

ThePhilanthrope
03-11-2007, 02:55 PM
OK, sounds like a winner to me... thanks guys.