PDA

View Full Version : stupid A.I

mexifry14
10-13-2007, 10:52 PM
I totally can't wait for this game. All the features look so amazing, but I have one concern.

When you are being chased by guards and are able to sit on a bench with your head down, I really hope you can't sit down right in front of the guards or in their eye of line sight and you just become invisible.

I really hope you have to shake them like go around a corner and then sit. It would make the gameplay way more realistic.

mexifry14
10-13-2007, 10:52 PM
I totally can't wait for this game. All the features look so amazing, but I have one concern.

When you are being chased by guards and are able to sit on a bench with your head down, I really hope you can't sit down right in front of the guards or in their eye of line sight and you just become invisible.

I really hope you have to shake them like go around a corner and then sit. It would make the gameplay way more realistic.

AirRon_2K7
10-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I was worried about that but you can't things like that only work when you're out of their sight and the social thing turns yellow...

MrMoo333
10-13-2007, 10:57 PM
I bet even if you juked em' and sat down they'ed find you if they saw you!

tevel3
10-13-2007, 11:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">that but you can't things like that only work when you're out of their sight and the social thing turns yellow... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

too many ppl will be in the frame, maybe they wont be able to see him because it's gonna be crowded

mexifry14
10-13-2007, 11:02 PM
yeah MrMoo thats kinda what i hope will happen unless of course you sit with some monks. even that is pushing it tho in the realism department.

It just doesn't make since how you can go through the whole game in the same suit and nobody recognizes you

MrMoo333
10-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Hey! You do get different boots AND different gloves!

ITS THE PERFECT DISGUISE!!!! Brilliant brilliant brilliant I tell you, GENIOUS I say!

but yeah, your right

RetiredHatch
10-13-2007, 11:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mexifry14:
yeah MrMoo thats kinda what i hope will happen unless of course you sit with some monks. even that is pushing it tho in the realism department.

It just doesn't make since how you can go through the whole game in the same suit and nobody recognizes you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys do remember that as the game progresses you become more known and the guards will be more easily alerted to your presence http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

right...?

MrMoo333
10-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah, it's like Oblivion in the sense that things get harder as you get further. But still the fact that the word doesn't get passed on in the early bit of the game that you be mean and killed a guy,

RetiredHatch
10-13-2007, 11:26 PM
I haven't played Oblivion (well I played it I just hated it so) so I wouldn't know but I would hope that guards would be passing the word atleast by word of mouth to each other

"Hey did you hear about that killer Assasin?"

"No?"

"Yea he killed (insert name bleh) the other day watch out for him. He looks like .... (more inserts) so yea be careful he's a killer!"

MrMoo333
10-13-2007, 11:27 PM
That'd be best.

mexifry14
10-13-2007, 11:42 PM
ahh i wasn't aware of that feature of the guards recognizing you more easier. It reminds me of Hitman Blood Money where if you get your Notoriety up they can recognize you right away or more easily.

RetiredHatch
10-13-2007, 11:43 PM
I bet if you play the beginning of the game without ever touching the main story but go around killing random folk you might have a problem aswell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

MrMoo333
10-13-2007, 11:44 PM
That'd be pretty cool, and more realistic

RetiredHatch
10-13-2007, 11:47 PM
I think someone's talked of that actually Jade or Patrice (prolly jade it was a while ago), y'know if you go around killing everyone, you can make the game extremely difficult but if you do the side quests you can make it extremely easy so it's all how you play the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

mexifry14
10-13-2007, 11:53 PM
that would be a nice system, like in Hitman you can get your notoriety down by bribing cops and stuff like that.

In this game you could probably do the same to the guards or help them or some high up official.

RetiredHatch
10-13-2007, 11:54 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Quite possibly

mefninja
10-14-2007, 02:44 AM
i notice that when the guard see you the screen blinks a kind of black in white thingy for a second.. with the outlines of the screena little blurr'd

GuStick93
10-14-2007, 04:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RetiredHatch:
I haven't played Oblivion (well I played it I just hated it so) so I wouldn't know but I would hope that guards would be passing the word atleast by word of mouth to each other

"Hey did you hear about that killer Assasin?"

"No?"

"Yea he killed (insert name bleh) the other day watch out for him. He looks like .... (more inserts) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> so yea that was one of the things i just loved about oblivion,u know ur in the dark brotherhood and uv killed one of the leaders of the imperial army,evreybody is talking about it : Have you heard,(whatever his name is) was murdered along with his body guard last night

or after u stole the elder scroll in the thives guild,ppl talk about it the whole time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

T_Spoon_UK
10-14-2007, 04:24 AM
The thing i am worried about is the crowds AI.

They seem to just aimlessly wonder into one another, not looking were they are going.. like in Hitman Blood money...

AirRon_2K7
10-14-2007, 05:26 AM
They look a lot more advanced than any AI in a hitman franchise &gt;.&gt; Where EVERYTHING is on rails http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif. I did notice a guard walk into the back of another guard and continually walk into him for about 5 seconds in the mone..thing walkthrough... but then he did that pushy thing and walked passed...besides, this is still the debugging stage of the game... not to worry until we've payed our 45 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif, I'm not worried though &gt;.&gt; As long as they're easy to kill and torture, and I can walk with them.. I'm happy

mexifry14
10-14-2007, 11:13 AM
yeah, i never really got into oblivion. i rented it, played it for 15 mins and didn't like it.

i hope the civilians do talk or buy stuff from each other.

Greenman2000
10-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Avoid sitting down then just run off

Karl_93
10-14-2007, 12:26 PM
@mexifry

thats probably cuz the first 15 min oblivion was the worst part of the game...

GuStick93
10-14-2007, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Karl_93:
@mexifry

thats probably cuz the first 15 min oblivion was the worst part of the game... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>true,i kept hitting the emperor,then the guards killed me ...

DemonikCrow666
10-14-2007, 01:20 PM
I do hope it's like that bench scenario, you haul *** aroudn a corner as you are chased then quickly sit on a bench and have the guards run by you. You then get up and haul *** away to the Assassin's Fort. That's totally what I'd do.

mexifry14
10-14-2007, 06:36 PM
demonik im all up for the whole losing the guards around a corner and sitting down but i hope you can't do it in their eye sight.

also later in the game it shouldn't work as much because your notoriety should go up.