PDA

View Full Version : End of game, gameplay DISASTER!!! (spoilers)

LaMOi
12-23-2010, 01:05 PM
WTF............

Who the hell thought this mission up, cant use any weapons and I have to use the apple of Eden to kill these guys in the Colosseum????

Sorry this is just rubbish... Why ruin a good mission, who thinks this crap up? Do they get paid?

Horrible.

(here a clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...4LGc&feature=channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exf63aT4LGc&feature=channel))

LaMOi
12-23-2010, 01:05 PM
WTF............

Who the hell thought this mission up, cant use any weapons and I have to use the apple of Eden to kill these guys in the Colosseum????

Sorry this is just rubbish... Why ruin a good mission, who thinks this crap up? Do they get paid?

Horrible.

(here a clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...4LGc&feature=channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exf63aT4LGc&feature=channel))

LaMOi
12-23-2010, 02:02 PM
So I end up running around waiting for the Apple to charge up.. and repeat that tactic till ive killed the guards...

And then wait ..... no... More apple fun!! FUN!!! I still cant use any weapons, theres a decent fight going on and I cant use any weapons???!!!! WTF!

This total BS... I cannot believe which bonehead thought of this, its completely insane anyone would think this is fun...................

Ubisoft what were you thinking?

magesupermaster
12-23-2010, 02:06 PM
I think they thought the fans would like to actually use the apple and let them taste a glimpse of it's power.

I on the other hand like those missions, it was a sudden change of structure(Sort of).

LaMOi
12-23-2010, 02:12 PM
It was just plain dull.... broing and frustrating..

What a waste.. Atleast give me the freakin choice to use my weapons OR the Apple of Eden... You idiots Ubisoft.. CHOICE is always the answer to multiple gamers with different styles of play... I pray im in the majority when I say I hated that part for the game - with a PASSION!

TheSpectator
12-23-2010, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaMOi:
It was just plain dull.... broing and frustrating..

What a waste.. Atleast give me the freakin choice to use my weapons OR the Apple of Eden... You idiots Ubisoft.. CHOICE is always the answer to multiple gamers with different styles of play... I pray im in the majority when I say I hated that part for the game - with a PASSION! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Trust me, your not.

DannyStrong
12-23-2010, 02:52 PM
I actually really liked the idea of getting to use the apple of eden. The problem with it,is that the only way to use it effectively is to get real close to someone, charge it up, release it, and then run away (since most of your health is now gone). This seems like a very weird tactic to use as someone who holds the apple of eden, "run" shoudln't be involved in the proper use of the apple.

Instead what they should have done is have two ways to utilize the apple. One way would be a "targeted" approach (similar to using the hidden gun), you only target one person, if you just tap the X button then the target should either cower in fear or run away, Charging the apple to the near maximum should result in the person either killing themselves or just freak out (kill their allies, run around, scream for help etc).

Also, restricting your weapons for no reason is very messed up. It works if there is a legitimate reason to retrict your weapons, but lazy mission design isn't a legitimate reason. A legitimate reason should involve something related to the story (for example, losing all your armor in the attack on the ville made sense.. losing certain weapons in certain lairs of Romulus and when holding the apple doesn't make sense plot wise)

The area effect ability of the apple should have been something to use outside of combat to manipulate people (this would be for doing things like getting into restricted areas or making distractions etc).

rileypoole1234
12-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Stop whining. Its the apple of eden, therefore it's awesome

Redfeather1975
12-23-2010, 04:46 PM
The apple was cool. It just wasn't something that piqued my curiousity for very long.
It started riots and knocked people out, and that's about it.

It would have been more neat if you could target someone with it, and it would allow you to fight from their shoes. You'd get to play as a brute and turn on his friends, or maybe play as a papal guard. Stuff like that.

Or even more cool, make it so the apple can also multiply its user and then the user can jump from copy to copy, doing some fun team combos.
One Ezio can push a guard, then you switch to another Ezio who catches them.

P.S. I like how the apple froze time while you were charging it. That was very dramatic and cool.

ZCherub
12-23-2010, 05:00 PM
I did't use the apple at all. I ran past everyone and 100% synced the mission, so that's one way to avoid raging over something so pointless.

I went back later and used the apple for the fun of it, just to see. I prefer swords, etc. but it was alright for a bit. *shrug*

LaMOi
12-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Wow with some of you lot providing feedback it will be a wonder ACIII doesnt turn out to be a big pile of apple Eden cack..................

Welldone for actually enjoying something that was unbelievably bad.... !

MrJLBoyyy
12-23-2010, 05:57 PM
The apple was confusing and not that fun because I held x and nobody could do anything... but it made me feel like if I had one I would TOTALLY be evil...

StarZtorm
12-23-2010, 06:39 PM
I am raging.

Eziosantos
12-23-2010, 10:26 PM
-_- Are you really complaining about this?Look I know you're entitled to your own opinion,but stop with getting upset at people who actually enjoyed using the Apple.(I'm not even sure if upset is the right word but whatever)

I for one loved the Apple.It gave me a little sense of power.I always replay the Apple missions because I find it fun.I'm not really upset about not being able to use our weapons,I was too distracted by the Apple.

obliviondoll
12-24-2010, 02:12 AM
It was great for a short sequence.

I don't think they should have forced it on you for as long as they did though.

Would've been nice to have a "only apple was used in this area" message for part of it when you used the weapon wheel, but after using it for a while it switches out for the sword and you can then switch back to it at will. Gives players a chance to learn the mechanics of using the apple, then a CHOICE whether to use it or not.

TheSpectator
12-24-2010, 03:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaMOi:
Wow with some of you lot providing feedback it will be a wonder ACIII doesnt turn out to be a big pile of apple Eden cack..................

Welldone for actually enjoying something that was unbelievably bad IMO ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Fixed.

ChaosxNetwork
12-24-2010, 05:12 AM
I LOVE this part of the game, being able to use the apple is amazing!
Orange Circle: Guards fight each other
White Circle: Guards die.
If you think it is taking so long call in your Assassin Recruits, at this point in the game I had all 12 at the Assassino Rank, but from the way your post is I bet you rushed through the game did you not?

Evan52395
12-24-2010, 06:07 AM
I call in my entire Assassin Order and watch them kill while I kill with the Apple. It's awsome, especially at the last part when (SPOILER) Cesare gets arrested.

I like replaying that part and watch my assassins all be badass together.

Inorganic9_2
12-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Calling in your Assassins while you use the Apple is awesome. Watching arquebusiers get a taste of their own medicine while one of my assassins blasts him with their hidden gun is awesome. The Apple is an interesting twist, though I think the way its used needs to be changed. I hate looking like a wuss for running around in circles while I wait for my health to return!

That and getting 100% synch in the mission where you first use it means you can;t actually use it and must run (and there's always some irritating agile, which I kind of hate, who catches up and of course, you can;t use smoke bombs!)

Millhouse3rd
12-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Tying the usage of the apple to your health points was ridiculous and uncessary, Al Mualim used the apple perfectly without going into a cardiac arrest, and instead of making everyone go crazy, Ezio should have used the apple to "multiply" himself and fight hand to hand against the Borgia guards.

SAVMATIC
12-24-2010, 04:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree.
I think it would have been more intense if it was a much shorter period of time you had to use only the apple or the apple at all. Tying the health to it i agree was a terrible idea because like someone mentioned, you cant keep up the gameplay on an assassin level anymore because you have to run around like a ***** to not die or around just to get proper placement for your blast. Ezio should have been able to handle that like a goon, not losing any health and falling down, he should be stabbing people with the hidden blade or slashing people down with a sword while weilding the apple in the other hand. We should have been able to use it only when a huge group of soldiers converged on Ezio or something like that. The apples absolutely have a place in the gameplay of these games but i hope next time we get to wield one it is a much different experience.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

ElGrandeLupo
12-24-2010, 05:31 PM
I agree. To me the sequences with the Apple was about the worst gameplay i've seen in a long time.
I don't like being pushed forward and i surely dosen't like not being able to chose my weapons of choice.
I hope we've seen the last of that rotten apple.

LaMOi
12-26-2010, 04:51 AM
No guys it was just SH*T...

Esp as it didnt work half the time, id hold the button down and after the apple di its thing, everyone in the raidus would be......... unaffected? Or only a few would be affected and some wouldnt even tho they were standing next to me.. ?!!!

And the fact I couldnt choose to use something else was even more infuriating!!

RUBBISH!

obliviondoll
12-26-2010, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SAVMATIC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree.
I think it would have been more intense if it was a much shorter period of time you had to use only the apple or the apple at all. Tying the health to it i agree was a terrible idea because like someone mentioned, you cant keep up the gameplay on an assassin level anymore because you have to run around like a ***** to not die or around just to get proper placement for your blast. Ezio should have been able to handle that like a goon, not losing any health and falling down, he should be stabbing people with the hidden blade or slashing people down with a sword while weilding the apple in the other hand. We should have been able to use it only when a huge group of soldiers converged on Ezio or something like that. The apples absolutely have a place in the gameplay of these games but i hope next time we get to wield one it is a much different experience.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This gives me an idea.

Give us the ability to equip "off-hand" weapons.

If you equip your dagger in your off hand, you can dual-wield, using circle on PS3 (B on XBox) to attack with the dagger. If you equip the gun/throwing knives, it works like those weapons do now as secondary weapons.

If you equip the apple, when you have it, holding the "off hand" button (currently empty hand button) will work like the apple did in Brotherhood.

Having the dagger or apple equipped would prevent grab moves, but add different combat animations and alter the way you play.

Ass4ssin8me
12-26-2010, 08:49 PM

Welldone for actually enjoying something that was unbelievably bad.... ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People are entitled to an opinion. If you don't like something that doesn't mean it is bad.

NewBlade200
12-27-2010, 12:29 PM
I liked it at first, but it was dragged out for a bit too long. I would of preffered if it could be used in stealth with the hidden blade, like if you target a guard then tap the Apple button you take control of him for a moment and start a fight so that you can sneak past. That would of stopped the it from getting boring http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

the_atm
12-27-2010, 12:37 PM
ok sit down, collect your thoughts and go play in the cool place called "outside" just take a break dude, i enjoyed it, but really take a break dont hurt your self

sandmanssorrow
12-27-2010, 12:41 PM
I didn't really enjoy using the Apple from a game play stand point but I think it was a nice addition to the story. The fact that it was so difficult to use only emphasized and supported what the story has been telling us about the Apple since the beginning, it's unpredictable, confusing and difficult to control.
I toyed with it for a bit until I got effective with it, letting as many guards get as close as possible and then charging it until my life bar zeroed and forced me to stop the charge killed everyone close and sent the others nuts. A little bit of running and the health returned quickly for a another shot.

It wasn't that bad and I think those of you that hated it from a fun stand point can be understood but bad mouthing Ubi for delivering an insight to the story that's been unfolding over the last three games is just lacking vision and appreciation for a well told tale.

Razrback16
12-27-2010, 01:28 PM
I agree that the end missions with the apple are just horrible. Same with the mission when you're trying to escape the castle to get the apple of eden, and you can't call in your assassin recruits to help with the 18 million enemies that all of a sudden know exactly where you are and are coming at you from every angle, lol. Love the AC games as a whole, but there are some major tweaks that could be done to vastly improve the gameplay.