PDA

View Full Version : Joy Stick not seen by game

Comrade_Wubb
09-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Hello,
I've had a IL2 FB since it came out way back when but haven't played it for years. I recently reinstalled it (V.1.0) and started playing it again and really enjoyed it again even though I was having to play it on the keyboard as my old joystick broke years ago.

Today I bought myself a brand new Saitek ST290 PRO. Nothing too flash but enough to get me going again. My computer sees it and when I do the hardwear checks on the pc it all works OK but the game just doesn't see it.
I go to hardwear set up> input but on the joystick tab it says none and doesn't offer me anything else.
When I go to controls and try to map the Joystick it just isn't seen.

Can anyone help me.

Comrade_Wubb
09-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Hello,
I've had a IL2 FB since it came out way back when but haven't played it for years. I recently reinstalled it (V.1.0) and started playing it again and really enjoyed it again even though I was having to play it on the keyboard as my old joystick broke years ago.

Today I bought myself a brand new Saitek ST290 PRO. Nothing too flash but enough to get me going again. My computer sees it and when I do the hardwear checks on the pc it all works OK but the game just doesn't see it.
I go to hardwear set up> input but on the joystick tab it says none and doesn't offer me anything else.
When I go to controls and try to map the Joystick it just isn't seen.

Can anyone help me.

Waldo.Pepper
09-01-2007, 06:37 PM
You may want to check conf.ini file (in your game directory) for this line...

joyUse=1

Comrade_Wubb
09-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks Waldo Pepper. That has sorted out the problem.