PDA

View Full Version : Question about ch fighterstick help

jessi1
05-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Please help, i set up my fighterstick ok but find it is difficult to aim precisely at a target, i have my pitch and roll settings in the input set ok for responses but still find it difficult to aim straight ahead for head ons, my questions are what do you set your x and y sensetivity settings on in the ch manager, you can set it 1 to 100 and i dont know if that is my problem or not, my stick seems to feel real loose even though my in game settings for pitch,roll are real low examplehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gifitch=8,12,16,22 etc..roll=2,4,6,18,22 etc, these sticks have a light touch compared to my other stick wich had a stiff spring in it so the learning curve has been hard, could you all who use this stick give me your stick settings for the game input as well as the sensetivity settings for the ch manager, i need help setting this thing up for precise head on type firing, ive gone to the ch forum and got no help yet, please help me here im going nuts. Thanks i fly the fw190 and 109s exclusively if this helps

jessi1
05-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Please help, i set up my fighterstick ok but find it is difficult to aim precisely at a target, i have my pitch and roll settings in the input set ok for responses but still find it difficult to aim straight ahead for head ons, my questions are what do you set your x and y sensetivity settings on in the ch manager, you can set it 1 to 100 and i dont know if that is my problem or not, my stick seems to feel real loose even though my in game settings for pitch,roll are real low examplehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gifitch=8,12,16,22 etc..roll=2,4,6,18,22 etc, these sticks have a light touch compared to my other stick wich had a stiff spring in it so the learning curve has been hard, could you all who use this stick give me your stick settings for the game input as well as the sensetivity settings for the ch manager, i need help setting this thing up for precise head on type firing, ive gone to the ch forum and got no help yet, please help me here im going nuts. Thanks i fly the fw190 and 109s exclusively if this helps

Iron_Hand1
05-12-2005, 09:41 AM
On my CH manager settings I have all my "gain" settings at 100. I control all the sensitivity settings in PF. In PF they are lowish for pitch, something like 3 8 14 22 31 40 49 etc up to 76, this stick is really sensitive. Try to leave the filter off and give it a few clicks on the "deadband" (LOL not at home so can't exactly remember the other name)About 4 clicks I think.
Also Hard to believe you go no response on the CH Forum, go there again and "bump" your topic back to the top. Ghost, Revvin, or Bob Church will answer you if they know, and most times try to help if they don't.

Good Luck,
~S~

Iron_Hand1
05-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Also, Have you set you trim up on the scroll wheel, I had serious bounce until I did that, but once I set it there I was able to smooth out the "trim bounce" I got from just using trim set up with keyboard buttons.

RevvinUK
05-12-2005, 11:52 AM
You posted at the CH Hangar forums? sorry if I missed it I've been a little pre-occupied with some ****ty RL issues, to answer you're post I have my settings at stock levels in IL-2

ComradeBadinov
05-12-2005, 04:11 PM
I have my sensitivity in the game set to 90, 95, 99 and the rest at 100 on both pitch and roll, I don't touch the sensitivity in the CH Control manager, You must trim the airplane.. I have mine set on one of the buttons, i use the wheel on the stick for Prop Pitch... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif