PDA

View Full Version : reading compass on Me109

gothkrieger
01-21-2011, 12:13 AM
How does a person read the waypoint direction compass, it is not in a 360 degree format. We ask tower for direction to base and he gives it in degrees, am I missing something?
Also is there a way of navigating to a selected waypoint other than the one that sim is currently pointing to?

gothkrieger
01-21-2011, 12:13 AM
How does a person read the waypoint direction compass, it is not in a 360 degree format. We ask tower for direction to base and he gives it in degrees, am I missing something?
Also is there a way of navigating to a selected waypoint other than the one that sim is currently pointing to?

RSS-Martin
01-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Well on most good servers you do have a map and a mission brief, if you additionally have something like this:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/Flugzeuge/PBJCompassRosesmall3.jpg
Navigation is no problem. I have been using this for years and it works fine. I just have it as a printout stuck to the side of my monitor.

JG53Frankyboy
01-21-2011, 06:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gothkrieger:
Also is there a way of navigating to a selected waypoint other than the one that sim is currently pointing to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no 360 format ?????
because there is missing a 0 on the dial ???

or dou you mean the Non Directional Beacon instrument from the G-6 and later versions ??
that is only working when
1.the new navigation tools are activated in the difficulty seeting
2. the mission has a NBD on the map (missions made before 4.10 have not !)

saipan1972
01-21-2011, 10:34 AM
isnt his question more about direction to way points?