PDA

View Full Version : thrustmaster gamepads not working properly - Ubi's deal with them - READ

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 10:32 PM
http://www.pcgameworld.com/story.php/id/2754/

My thrustmaster firestorm dual power (latest drivers) is always in walk mode with POP:SOT. This gamepad is supposed to be fully supported! Read below.

I quote:

" Prince of Persia Bundle

A special-edition Dual Analog III pad plus a copy of the game in one easy-to-carry package.

Thrustmaster is proud to announce that it has signed a PC gamepad bundle agreement with Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, for the critically acclaimed Prince of Persia The Sands of Time.

Guillemot Corporation, through its Thrustmaster division, has developed, produced and supplied to Ubisoft an exclusive edition of its Dual Analog III Prince of Persia The Sands of Time PC gamepad. Thanks to its two progressive multidirectional thumb sticks, this gamepad will compliment the tremendous fluidity of the characters.

Moreover, Thrustmaster is working closely with Ubisoft to ensure that its 3 generations of Firestorm gamepads for PC CD-Rom (Firestorm 360 Modena UPAD, Firestorm wireless gamepad, Firestorm Dual Power, Dual Power 2, Dual power 3, Firestorm Dual Analog, Dual analog 2, Dual analog 3) are fully supported by the critically acclaimed Prince of Persia The Sands of Time for PC CD-Rom. This award-winning range prides itself on being at the forefront of new gaming trends."

Message Edited on 12/13/0310:49PM by Muze

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 10:32 PM
http://www.pcgameworld.com/story.php/id/2754/

My thrustmaster firestorm dual power (latest drivers) is always in walk mode with POP:SOT. This gamepad is supposed to be fully supported! Read below.

I quote:

" Prince of Persia Bundle

A special-edition Dual Analog III pad plus a copy of the game in one easy-to-carry package.

Thrustmaster is proud to announce that it has signed a PC gamepad bundle agreement with Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, for the critically acclaimed Prince of Persia The Sands of Time.

Guillemot Corporation, through its Thrustmaster division, has developed, produced and supplied to Ubisoft an exclusive edition of its Dual Analog III Prince of Persia The Sands of Time PC gamepad. Thanks to its two progressive multidirectional thumb sticks, this gamepad will compliment the tremendous fluidity of the characters.

Moreover, Thrustmaster is working closely with Ubisoft to ensure that its 3 generations of Firestorm gamepads for PC CD-Rom (Firestorm 360 Modena UPAD, Firestorm wireless gamepad, Firestorm Dual Power, Dual Power 2, Dual power 3, Firestorm Dual Analog, Dual analog 2, Dual analog 3) are fully supported by the critically acclaimed Prince of Persia The Sands of Time for PC CD-Rom. This award-winning range prides itself on being at the forefront of new gaming trends."

Message Edited on 12/13/0310:49PM by Muze

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 12:10 AM
What the...

I just bought a Firestorm Dual Power 3 a few weeks ago to play various new games including Prince of Persia. No matter what drives I use I have this problem (also happens in another Ubisoft game: Rayman 3). I can use the D-pad to get around it but for some reason I can't assign a walk-toggle on my gamepad so I am constantly running which makes some parts hard.

I tried messing with custom game settings in Thrustmapper to alter the axis behaviour but nothing works.

How can they package these products that do not function properly together? I e-mailed Thrustmaster and received no response. ARGH.

Anyone have any workaround? Don't really feel like wasting $20 on another gamepad.

Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
12-16-2003, 10:04 PM
I would also like a solution to this problem. I have a dual power 3 and am unable to configure it to work, either using thrustmapper, or the ingame control menu. This is very frustrating!

Any help from out there would be HIGHLY appreciated.

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 07:09 AM
I can't believe Thrustmaster has partnered with Ubisoft for this Firestorm+POP distribution pack and hasn't released a WORKING driver/fix for this issue and just ignore e-mail about it.

Some bonehead in marketing must have inked the deal before any testing could be done?

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 07:59 AM
Don't assign the D-Pad for movement. Assign the analogue pad. That way you can control the speed of the prince.

I don't have a Thrustmaster Pad but a Saitek 2500P. This has two analogue pads, I assigned one to the movement and the other to the camera. I didn't use the D-Pad at all.

Since I'm pretty sure that the Thrustmaster also maps through DirectX, I see no reason why it shouldn't work with PoP.

Martin.

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 04:13 PM
"- Don't assign the D-Pad for movement. Assign the
- analogue pad. That way you can control the speed of
- the prince.
-
- I don't have a Thrustmaster Pad but a Saitek 2500P.
- This has two analogue pads, I assigned one to the
- movement and the other to the camera. I didn't use
- the D-Pad at all.
-
- Since I'm pretty sure that the Thrustmaster also
- maps through DirectX, I see no reason why it
- shouldn't work with PoP. "

The only way my Thrustmaster works properly with POP is by using the D-pad. THen he'll run like he's supposed to. If I use the analog stick he WALKS all the time.

So I bought a Saitek P3000. When I use the analog stick for moevement, he STILL walks but only when I push up or right for some reason. He'll run in all other directions. Sometimes I can get him to run up or right but it's unstable and he may switch back to walking. I have to switch to digital and use the D-pad for proper movement. I have no choice in the matter. The D-pad is nice on the P3000 so I've gotten used to it. I use the right thumb stick to control the camera.

Conclusion: gamepad support for this game sucks ***.

(Just to be clear: Mapping movement in-game: X and Y axises refer to both the D-pad and the left analog stick, then switching between digital and analog makes the distinction between which one (D-pad or stick) will control movement.)

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2003, 01:28 PM
Same here! Using Thrustmaster Dual Analog 3! Can't run!

XyZspineZyX
12-20-2003, 06:40 PM
Damn, I have the same Problem!

Any solution? Patch? Fix?!

XyZspineZyX
12-20-2003, 09:07 PM
Yep this is a problem with the Thrustmaster gamepads because the stupid drivers do not detect movement on the analog sticks properly. This happens in other games such as Rayman 3 (Ubisoft).

The analog sticks do not "sense" movement to diaganol extremes as being to the edge of the "square" of movement (you can see this when you test movement in gamepad properties in Windows). It's a known issue that has existed for 6+ months and Thrustmaster is basically ignoring it. Never support this company again.

XyZspineZyX
12-21-2003, 12:10 AM
THat may be true Grambo, but I'm having similar problems with my analog stick on my Saitek P3000 with this game.

XyZspineZyX
12-30-2003, 11:33 AM
Ok, here is fix for all Thrustmaster Dual Analog 2/3 and Thrustmaster Dual Power 2/3 gamepads!

1. Disconnect gamepad, restart Windows, reconnect gamepad.
2. Recalibrate your controler via windows control panel....but when calibrating do not move analog stick to exteme positions but just half or max. 3/4 of the extreme position (be careful when moving analog stick to diagonals (don't move analog stick to its extreme), if you wish that prince also runs in diagonal directions!).
3. Start Prince, reconfigure controls, save!
4. Play! It works for me like a charm!

Please respond if this helps!

Message Edited on 12/30/0310:38AM by mirkuma

mpandrews2000
05-06-2004, 08:45 PM
I don't see any option to calibrate the gamepad

UncleJimbo2010
05-07-2004, 11:23 AM
As the last guy said; you can calibrate your controller within the Windows Game Controllers Control Panel. All you can really set in the game is what the buttons do.