PDA

View Full Version : Ezio's wife *SPOILERS*

khaledaryob
11-27-2010, 12:51 PM
First let me say thanks for assassins creed brotherhood.I can not so good english. I'm from the Netherlands in Europe.
I have a question. Who is the wife of Ezio? I know that Maria is the wife of Alta´r.
At first I thought that Christana is the wive of Ezio , but she died.
Please, can you tell who the wive is from Ezio? Or you can make a DLC about Ezio's wive an child.

Thank you very much,
Khaled

khaledaryob
11-27-2010, 12:51 PM
First let me say thanks for assassins creed brotherhood.I can not so good english. I'm from the Netherlands in Europe.
I have a question. Who is the wife of Ezio? I know that Maria is the wife of Alta´r.
Please, can you tell who the wive is from Ezio? Or you can make a DLC about Ezio's wive an child.

Thank you very much,
Khaled

AKG32
11-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Might wanna put a spoiler tag up for the Christina thing

EmperorxZurg
11-27-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm pretty sure he didn't marry. After the hole Christina left in him, he didn't really think he could go into a relationship again and just slept with people. So then he probably fathered someone from the countless women he slept with

Pattington_Bear
11-27-2010, 01:24 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Maria is not the wife of Altair...

She was married to Giovanni...

magesupermaster
11-27-2010, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pattington_Bear:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Maria is not the wife of Altair...

She was married to Giovanni... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He meant Maria Thorpe.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Pattington_Bear
11-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Even Maria Throrpe wasn't Altair's wife, she was his lover.

but I failed in my comment above.

magesupermaster
11-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Don't worry, we will forget. in time...

flyingeaglemile
11-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Personally, I don`t think he ever married. But I do think that Caterina had his child, and I think he got her pregnant when in the beginning of Brotherhood Ezio sleeps with her. Or maybe when he was done in Rome he got to Flori and maybe they got married and had a kid then.

E-Zekiel
11-27-2010, 02:10 PM
I think Caterina having his child and dying shortly thereafter is the most likely explanation. She had tons of kids, and I don't really see Ezio kindling a new relationship at 48.

Caterina's relationship is already there.

There's Rosa, I suppose, but being a thief who freeruns and stuff, seems like she'd detest the idea of ever having a child.

Other encounters seem too insignificant for anything to come of them.

...One could take it to mean that he never had a child though, and that would support the theory that our three protagonists are all the same person, lol.

AimlessSpectre
11-27-2010, 02:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:
Personally, I don`t think he ever married. But I do think that Caterina had his child, and I think he got her pregnant when in the beginning of Brotherhood Ezio sleeps with her. Or maybe when he was done in Rome he got to Flori and maybe they got married and had a kid then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just remember, as with Altair, once Ezio conceives the child which Desmond came from, Desmond can't follow Ezio anymore. So no, Caterina did not have his child at the start of brotherhood, and considering she dies less than two years after brotherhood, it is unlikely, though not impossible, that she had Desmond's ancestor. Hell, it could very well have been some random courtesan, the child from which Ezio may not have been aware of. Possible considering.

iczorro
11-28-2010, 06:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AimlessSpectre:
Just remember, as with Altair, once Ezio conceives the child which Desmond came from, Desmond can't follow Ezio anymore. So no, Caterina did not have his child at the start of brotherhood, and considering she dies less than two years after brotherhood, it is unlikely, though not impossible, that she had Desmond's ancestor. Hell, it could very well have been some random courtesan, the child from which Ezio may not have been aware of. Possible considering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Your first point is one I was going to bring up. He didn't have the child that was to be Desmond's ancestor until after the events of Brotherhood, else we wouldn't be able to relive them in the animus.

As for the second point, I seem to remember reading in the in game file on Caterina that she had an eigth child that wasn't ever really accounted for or some such. That, to me, would clearly be Desmond's ancestor.

realgangsta213
11-28-2010, 06:26 AM
I guess we'll have another one of those weird hallucinations in assassin's creed 3 where you can see ezio passing on his legacy inside someone else.

assassinato_862
11-28-2010, 01:05 PM
He 48 years old, and fathering at that age will prbably be awkward for the child. But, I thinks the wife is Rosa, considering she didn't die and was the only one Ezio had brief feelings for, and she's the onyl one I can think of that;s still alive.

Sick_one12
11-28-2010, 02:24 PM
DAMN...i didnt know about christinas fate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
is it a shocking/big spoiler in brotherood?
i really shouldnt look into threads like this without having played ACB yet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Black_Widow9
11-28-2010, 04:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by khaledaryob:

Thank you very much,
Khaled </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
It is important that you remember to add a spoiler warning to the thread title of any thread containing gameplay information. Failure to do so will not only ruin the game for others but put you at risk of suspension, I've edited the title for you on this occasion but make sure to remember this next time.

LaCava1
11-28-2010, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pattington_Bear:
Even Maria Throrpe wasn't Altair's wife, she was his lover.

but I failed in my comment above. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Uh, I think it says she is his wife in the Codex? He also mentions his two kids, I think.

DarkicoN14
11-28-2010, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:
Personally, I don`t think he ever married. But I do think that Caterina had his child, and I think he got her pregnant when in the beginning of Brotherhood Ezio sleeps with her. Or maybe when he was done in Rome he got to Flori and maybe they got married and had a kid then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couple of things wrong with your statement, firstly if Ezio had Caterina pregnant in the beginning of the game, we wouldn't follow Ezio. secondly Caterina never got Forli back. if you know your history she went back to Florence tried to get Forli back but failed and died in 1509 of pneumonia

Wind91
11-28-2010, 06:39 PM
ezio probably didnt have a random kid considering Desmond was born into the Brotherhood as well, meaning the family was with the Assassin order the entire time.

JYing
11-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Don't worry, Ezio must be have many kids, he made love everywhere....XD

Rainie
11-29-2010, 12:43 AM
The child would have to be conceived after ACB, who the mother is...who knows lol

My absolute fav line in the game is the part when Ezio gets a vision from the apple and suddenly gets up, Leonardo asks where he's going, and he replies "To plant a seed!"

kaisatritt
11-30-2010, 04:24 AM
Mona lisa? (:

YourSinsIntoMe
11-30-2010, 06:09 AM
why wouldn't we be able to follow ezio if he had a kid before/during the events of brotherhood? o_O

LadyGahan2010
11-30-2010, 06:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">why wouldn't we be able to follow ezio if he had a kid before/during the events of brotherhood? o_O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because the DNA coded history of life of his kid would start instead. Desmond was following Ezio at that time...

Drakonous505
11-30-2010, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:
The child would have to be conceived after ACB, who the mother is...who knows lol

My absolute fav line in the game is the part when Ezio gets a vision from the apple and suddenly gets up, Leonardo asks where he's going, and he replies "To plant a seed!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's likely we may never know... Though the game following ACB in the timeline might explain it. For all we know it could have been another Assassin from his Order.

Calyptus
12-01-2010, 09:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">why wouldn't we be able to follow ezio if he had a kid before/during the events of brotherhood? o_O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because the DNA coded history of life of his kid would start instead. Desmond was following Ezio at that time... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"A" kid doesn't mean Desmond's next ancestor...

MinerVAX09
12-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Caterina Sforza, in real life, gets married to Lorenzo Medici...so it's impossible for Caterina and Ezio to get married

Brey335i
12-01-2010, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we either saw the creation of Ezio's child either in a flashback/ part of the story being told at the beginning of the next game... or in some DLC

E-Zekiel
12-01-2010, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MinerVAX09:
Caterina Sforza, in real life, gets married to Lorenzo Medici...so it's impossible for Caterina and Ezio to get married </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. No it's not, particularly not in this era.
2. She, in fact, had three husbands in her life. All of them died before she did.
3. Don't need marriage to have a kid.

Eurostar7
12-01-2010, 12:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AimlessSpectre:

Just remember, as with Altair, once Ezio conceives the child which Desmond came from, Desmond can't follow Ezio anymore. So no, Caterina did not have his child at the start of brotherhood, and considering she dies less than two years after brotherhood, it is unlikely, though not impossible, that she had Desmond's ancestor. Hell, it could very well have been some random courtesan, the child from which Ezio may not have been aware of. Possible considering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually he still can, its all in the DNA. Memories dont stop when you have kids, they are implanted in your DNA until the person dies and 're-lived' from the Animus, which reads the DNA, analyzes it and retrieves the memories.

Basically, unless Ezio's DNA changed completely, i dont see how the Animus cant pick up Ezio's memories. If anything, he must have more than one son because after generations the DNA could become watered down when mixed with other DNA which Desmond will not be able to re-live, in some cases DNA could have minimal changes aside from physical/personality traits.

E-Zekiel
12-01-2010, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eurostar7:

Just remember, as with Altair, once Ezio conceives the child which Desmond came from, Desmond can't follow Ezio anymore. So no, Caterina did not have his child at the start of brotherhood, and considering she dies less than two years after brotherhood, it is unlikely, though not impossible, that she had Desmond's ancestor. Hell, it could very well have been some random courtesan, the child from which Ezio may not have been aware of. Possible considering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually he still can, its all in the DNA. Memories dont stop when you have kids, they are implanted in your DNA until the person dies and 're-lived' from the Animus, which reads the DNA, analyzes it and retrieves the memories.

Basically, unless Ezio's DNA changed completely, i dont see how the Animus cant pick up Ezio's memories. If anything, he must have more than one son because after generations the DNA could become watered down when mixed with other DNA which Desmond will not be able to re-live, in some cases DNA could have minimal changes aside from physical/personality traits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to think this too, but the problem with that is that once you pass your DNA on, your offspring can not have the memories that you had after that point. So no...Doesn't work like that.

PhiIs1618033
12-01-2010, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eurostar7:

Basically, unless Ezio's DNA changed completely, i dont see how the Animus cant pick up Ezio's memories. If anything, he must have more than one son because after generations the DNA could become watered down when mixed with other DNA which Desmond will not be able to re-live, in some cases DNA could have minimal changes aside from physical/personality traits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
On conception, the DNA is passed from the father and the mother to the son. As such, any alterations after the conception in the father will not be reflected in the child's DNA.

Brey335i
12-01-2010, 02:04 PM
This is also why a game like Assassin's Creed can not end with a heroic self sacrifice.... not unless the hero similtaneously impregnated a woman haha

Sparty2020
12-01-2010, 02:39 PM

Basically, unless Ezio's DNA changed completely, i dont see how the Animus cant pick up Ezio's memories. If anything, he must have more than one son because after generations the DNA could become watered down when mixed with other DNA which Desmond will not be able to re-live, in some cases DNA could have minimal changes aside from physical/personality traits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That is incorrect. After conception all DNA memory up to that point is passed on to the offspring. The memory that the parent (Ezio) has from that point on is simply lost on death. For example: we can't see the contracts Giovanni Auditore did for Lorenzo d'Medici since Ezio was already born at the time.

tyman1122
12-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Come on guys.... We all know Ezio is too epic to raise or conceive a child!

We will all miss Ezio... At least I think!

mantledarcanum
12-02-2010, 01:25 AM
I don't think Caterina is the mother. In the game, she and Ezio have their.. political alliance in January of 1500..Rebecca says Ezio has conflicting memories in 1507.. it very well could mean he somehow experienced the bleeding effect via the apple.. oooorrr it could mean he had a kid.

Come on, Ubi! Don't let Rosa down! (Please?)

BellsMorte
12-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone! New member here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I personally believe that the most likely option would be Rosa, given that (as far as I know) she is not a real-life historic character. With Caterina and Christina they have to stick with what actually happened to them, but Rosa is free of that. Ezio could have returned to Venice to see her and eventually get her pregnant (that sounded so romantic...).

And I'm almost certain that we'll get to see what happened with Ezio's child in AC new game. If they're taking the time to explore his love life, they'll surely take the time to tell us where his son (or daughter?) comes from. They did it with Altair after all. And I NEED to know. It's not that I want to know, or I would like to know. I NEED it. I DEMAND it.

But this is just my humble opinion. And I hope my English is not that bad. It's my second language http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Hope you're all well!