PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby Help

CorsairJockey
10-16-2005, 03:38 PM
I have noticed while in Hyperlobby, in the top
right corner, there are two symbols with green blocks out to the side that change in number. I'm guessing they have something to do with the connection speed/lag etc. Can anyone explain what each symbol actually means or indicates? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am new at this. Thanks.

CorsairJockey
10-16-2005, 03:38 PM
I have noticed while in Hyperlobby, in the top
right corner, there are two symbols with green blocks out to the side that change in number. I'm guessing they have something to do with the connection speed/lag etc. Can anyone explain what each symbol actually means or indicates? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am new at this. Thanks.

FoolTrottel
10-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Hi,

One of them symbols shows your connection speed to the server.
The other one (I think) shows connection speed to the TeamSpeak server.

In general: the less squares the better.

When the number of squares increases, their color will change from Green to Yellow -> Orange -> Red and yer about to get kicked...

Have Fun!

Tully__
10-18-2005, 06:03 AM
One shows connection latency (ping).

The other is the level of the audio signal being picked up by your microphone. It only shows if you have the game's native multiplayer voice comms enabled. As almost everyone uses the 3rd party comms software freely available on the internet instead (the game's comms is hard to set up to work reliably) I'd suggest you turn off the in game voice comms.

123-Wulf-JG123
10-18-2005, 12:45 PM
I think he may mean the actual HL GUI Tully. I presume he means the numbers wich show the number of people "in the lobby" and the number actually "flying online".