PDA

View Full Version : The Ohka is being a Baka.

darkhorizon11
07-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Can anyone get to do to its kamakaze thing? I can't get it to work. And before anyone screams and says READ THE README!!!! (like last time with the V1 thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif), I did. I set it up like an SPB, I think, with the Ohka and the Betty but it seems like its just dumb. The Ohka(s) buzz a long toward the targets and suddenly when they get close they start doing all kinds of crazy acrobatics then the fly on a little further towards the ships and seemingly make some kind of pattern to crash land near them. When I set Zeros and Betty's as kamakazes they work fine, they go into a steep dive just like IRL and bang. But I've had no luck with the Ohkas, I even set the pilot skill to ace and played with it for about an hour, still no luck.

Anyone?

darkhorizon11
07-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Can anyone get to do to its kamakaze thing? I can't get it to work. And before anyone screams and says READ THE README!!!! (like last time with the V1 thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif), I did. I set it up like an SPB, I think, with the Ohka and the Betty but it seems like its just dumb. The Ohka(s) buzz a long toward the targets and suddenly when they get close they start doing all kinds of crazy acrobatics then the fly on a little further towards the ships and seemingly make some kind of pattern to crash land near them. When I set Zeros and Betty's as kamakazes they work fine, they go into a steep dive just like IRL and bang. But I've had no luck with the Ohkas, I even set the pilot skill to ace and played with it for about an hour, still no luck.

Anyone?

-HH-Dubbo
07-22-2005, 02:19 PM
You know what? I got them to hit their targets maybe 2 out of 50 times. The rest of the time is as you describe. Can't help you I'm afraid. Maybe more Saki for the pilots before they leave. Maybe less.......

RAF92_Moser
07-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Same here.

Does the Ohka shake violently when it does go on course for the ship?

I've always noticed it.

darkhorizon11
07-22-2005, 04:21 PM
I think I'll officially state this is a bug then. I was just making sure I wasn't just dumb and doing something wrong. And yeah, I noticed that also, its not a realistic shake though its more of a stutter/graphics deal.

IRL the Ohka only sank one ship and damaged maybe one or two more. But that was because it saw very limited use and the G4Ms that carried them were extremely vulnerable. I don't know of any Ohkas being lost to enemy fighters individually. Most were lost still attached to the mothership and a few by flak.

-HH-Dubbo
07-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Shakes like a cat shi.... can't say that here. Shakes a lot. Not a graphics issue.