PDA

View Full Version : Platinum trophy

DGLee12
11-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Right. I have all the trophies unlocked in single-player, but due to crappy internet, it's not even worth trying toplay multiplayer. My question be this...where the flip is my Platinum Trophy? Surely Ubi are not forcing us to shell out for decent internet just to unlock the Platinum? Every game I have played previously has never required me to attain any of the multiplayer awards to unlock this shiny trophy, only single-player based http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

DGLee12
11-23-2010, 02:05 AM
Right. I have all the trophies unlocked in single-player, but due to crappy internet, it's not even worth trying toplay multiplayer. My question be this...where the flip is my Platinum Trophy? Surely Ubi are not forcing us to shell out for decent internet just to unlock the Platinum? Every game I have played previously has never required me to attain any of the multiplayer awards to unlock this shiny trophy, only single-player based http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Blackglasswar
11-23-2010, 02:23 AM
sorry but yeah - Burnout Paradise was the same.

Valaquen_
11-23-2010, 02:48 AM
Multiplayer trophies. Infuriating.

SolidSnakeMat
11-23-2010, 03:22 AM
Multilayer trophies always suck whoever thought that was a good idea to make them in the first place needs to be smacked. Especially stupid mp trophies like Kill 1000 players that are better than you in 1 match. No I don't know if theres a trophy like that I'm just making an example. Also RDR I have all the single player trophies and the Competitive mp is so lame and they force really stupid trophies that you can't just get with a friend. I want platinum on that but I'm not going to ever get it. Assassin's Creed its not so bad so I'll platinum sooner or later.

MrLaneFox
11-23-2010, 05:50 AM
i got all the play MP trophies in 2 days. its not that bad, if you have internet just plug a direct line into it. LAN cables are 20 bucks, wireless boxes are as cheap as 30 and if youre in an apartment you can leech off your neighbors if you really had to :P

DGLee12
11-23-2010, 10:28 AM
So pee'd off right now. Only good internet out in the country is HughesNet, and that's $300 a month

BloodyMoon1
11-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I got DSL for like $45 a month and it manages to hold it's head above water with 2 computer playing perfect world online while Brotherhood is going on my PS3.

pirate_dad
11-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I am pretty ****ed about this as well. I don't want to play multiplayer. It is not Assassin's Creed to me. I don't own a single game for my consoles that is for the purpose of multiplayer. That is what my computer is for imo. I just want my damn platinum and I'll never get it now that I HAVE to do multiplayer. Thanks Ubi!

ThePheonix1030
11-23-2010, 12:14 PM
That's what people get for wanting multiplayer in AC. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Keksus
11-23-2010, 12:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i got all the play MP trophies in 2 days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Including Level 50 and all Coop bonuses in 1 session? You're kidding, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah, I am pretty ****ed about this as well. I don't want to play multiplayer. It is not Assassin's Creed to me. I don't own a single game for my consoles that is for the purpose of multiplayer. That is what my computer is for imo. I just want my damn platinum and I'll never get it now that I HAVE to do multiplayer. Thanks Ubi! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude. It's just a stupid trophy. Nothing that is worth anything.

And the MP is the thing that is closest to the AC I ever wanted.

pirate_dad
11-23-2010, 12:45 PM
I wish multiplayer was like it used to be, optional and with a friend. I don't want to play with a bunch of people I don't know, running around killing each other. I loved multiplayer as a kid, with my little brother playing Mario Bros. I could still play the game to the fullest without him. Now I can't get 100% of my trophies unless I play online, where apparently the wait to play a game is 10 minutes plus. I thought this fad was strictly for the FPS crowd? Annoying to say the least.

pirate_dad
11-23-2010, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keksus:

And the MP is the thing that is closest to the AC I ever wanted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if it is "just a stupid trophy" then why include them at all? I'll tell you, for people who want to accomplish every little neat thing in a game. It is a challenge that a lot of people take. To make multiplayer trophies is ridiculous, expecting me to WANT to play online. I get it, you want them, but I and others don't. Couldn't they have made the online trophies something else? Perhaps ingame achievements that get you something, like the leveling up does?

BloodyMoon1
11-23-2010, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pirate_dad:
To make multiplayer trophies is ridiculous, expecting me to WANT to play online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess it's ridiculous for them to expect people to want to play single player too. Just do the stupid trophies and never touch it again.

pirate_dad
11-23-2010, 01:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BloodyMoon1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pirate_dad:
To make multiplayer trophies is ridiculous, expecting me to WANT to play online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess it's ridiculous for them to expect people to want to play single player too. Just do the stupid trophies and never touch it again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? How is it ridiculous when all other versions of this series are single player? I'm not anti multiplayer, I hear lots of kids are really, really into it. Just don't detract from an originally single player game. They obviously had this in mind when they made sure to somehow incorporate the story into the multiplayer, it isn't just there, it has a reason. It relates to the single player portion of the game. I don't want to play multiplayer, it is not fun for me. I just want multiplayer trophies to be nonexistent. Have your little online trophies or whatever, online perks and all that if you do such and such. Keep Assassins Creed what made it famous. And keep trophies as being a single player campaign only thing.

BloodyMoon1
11-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Ok you realize almost ANY game with multiplayer has multiplayer trophies. They do it so people on multiplayer have something to aim for and so most people can enjoy it more.

Just cause a few of you don't like trophies for multiplayer, you think the majority doesn't like it. They know they can't make everyone happy, so they make it to please the larger groups. I don't like the online trophies either, but I'm not complaining about it.

pirate_dad
11-23-2010, 01:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BloodyMoon1:
Ok you realize almost ANY game with multiplayer has multiplayer trophies. They do it so people on multiplayer have something to aim for and so most people can enjoy it more.

Just cause a few of you don't like trophies for multiplayer, you think the majority doesn't like it. They know they can't make everyone happy, so they make it to please the larger groups. I don't like the online trophies either, but I'm not complaining about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off, no I didn't know that. I don't play online games on my console, the only multiplayer game aside from this one that I have is that Army of Two game. It was gift. I don't really remember any online only trophies but I could very well be wrong.

If you don't put your feelings and opinions out there, on the forums made by the company that made this game, they won't know how people feel. Keeping yourself silent just leads to a game company only getting fan feelings from a certain perspective. If I don't complain, they won't know how I feel.

SolidSnakeMat
11-23-2010, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
That's what people get for wanting multiplayer in AC. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LoL at this post I always said MP in AC was a bad idea.

BloodyMoon1
11-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, ACB has a much better multiplayer then GTA4 did at least. And the trophies for GTA's multi sucked, stuff like killing a Rockstar employee, like any were ever on.

pirate_dad
11-23-2010, 06:56 PM
I didn't even know GTA4 had multiplayer. And if one of the trophies was to kill a Rockstar employee, not only is that ******ed, but I would have been *****ing on their forums too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Stygian_Inquirer
11-23-2010, 09:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keksus:

And the MP is the thing that is closest to the AC I ever wanted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if it is "just a stupid trophy" then why include them at all? I'll tell you, for people who want to accomplish every little neat thing in a game. It is a challenge that a lot of people take. To make multiplayer trophies is ridiculous, expecting me to WANT to play online. I get it, you want them, but I and others don't. Couldn't they have made the online trophies something else? Perhaps ingame achievements that get you something, like the leveling up does? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It isn't anything new. Sony are the ones requiring all games for the PS3 released after January 2009 to have trophies but multiplayer trophies are a way to 1) give more challenge than just story-related trophies and 2) force you to play multiplayer and 3) it is a multiplayer game and has always been marketed as such. This shouldn't have been a big surprise.
At least it isn't as bad as two of the Trophies for Red Faction: Guerrilla in which you need to PLAY 250 matchmaking multiplayer games and another whereby you need to WIN 250 matchmaking multiplayer matches which take 10 minutes each. If you win all your matches (which can be a big if) it would take you at least 42 hours to complete those.

DGLee12
11-24-2010, 12:27 AM
The GTA4 trophy was viral. If you killed someone who killed someone who killed someone who killed someone, you unlocked that trophy.

BloodyMoon1
11-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Yes, but it was still a pain to find someone that had it.

DGLee12
11-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Lol, first match I ever played, and first kill too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

davo1270
11-24-2010, 02:57 AM
lol, same thing for a Red Dead Redemption trophy, if u killed someone that had a Rockstar trophy, then u got it, and i got it in my first match too

BloodyMoon1
11-24-2010, 06:36 AM
Well that's for me then &gt;.&lt; I spent like a week trying to get that crap.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

YourSinsIntoMe
11-30-2010, 07:03 AM
I understand that if your gonna add multiplayer to a game then you should add multiplayer trophies too. BUT what i also think is that you should make it a bonus thing. As in you can get platinum without them. and if you want 100% of trophies then you'll be prepared to do the extra ones.

BloodyMoon1
11-30-2010, 07:13 AM
I don't see why people still bring this up, they've done it for every online game I've played, I don't see why it's brought up now.

Colossus_1191
11-30-2010, 08:26 AM
I don't see the problem. Getting a platinum trophy for a game should require you to actually play all parts of the game. You shouldn't get a platinum trophy for playing half of the experience.

I like SP better than MP too, but a platinum trophy is a master of the game. Not a master of half the game.

Colossus_1191
11-30-2010, 08:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSnakeMat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
That's what people get for wanting multiplayer in AC. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LoL at this post I always said MP in AC was a bad idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol. It is actually quite fun. They definitely have something here.

obliviondoll
11-30-2010, 08:43 AM

Well if it is "just a stupid trophy" then why include them at all? I'll tell you, for people who want to accomplish every little neat thing in a game. It is a challenge that a lot of people take. To make multiplayer trophies is ridiculous, expecting me to WANT to play online. I get it, you want them, but I and others don't. Couldn't they have made the online trophies something else? Perhaps ingame achievements that get you something, like the leveling up does? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Most of the trophies for MP are also tied to in-game rewards.

But there are people who only want the game for the multiplayer element as well. Do they have to play the story mode to unlock all those "useless" trophies JUST so they can get the platinum.

The sheer fact that you're calling it a platinum "trophy" tells me you're better off than you could be.

At least when you have your internet connection you won't have to pay for XBox Live subscription to get access to something other platforms provide for free.

EDIT: Just thought I should emphasise this bit...
Well if it is "just a stupid trophy" then why include them at all? I'll tell you, for people who want to accomplish every little neat thing in a game. It is a challenge that a lot of people take. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Multiplayer has many "little neat things in the game" which single-player doesn't. So not including it in the trophies would be wrong.

Now come up with an argument I can't use your own words against.

kriegerdesgottes
12-02-2010, 04:05 AM
I seriously only need 2 more trophies to get the platinum and guess what kind they are. yep stupid multiplayer ones. I can't wait to get them so I can never mess with the multiplayer ever again. but it's proving to be a huge pain.

SolidSnakeMat
12-02-2010, 11:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colossus_1191:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSnakeMat:
LoL at this post I always said MP in AC was a bad idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol. It is actually quite fun. They definitely have something here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't say it wasn't fun I thought it was a bad Idea I'm level 50 on mp and get first place like 85% of the time. I hate the mp trophies. I'm missing two of them and Its the one to get every single bonus at least once. Yet the game doesn't tell you which ones you already have super lame. I'm missing the one to get all co op bonus in one match. I've gotten all of them but its difficult to get all in one match when the time is so short.

Super_Trooper101
12-02-2010, 03:18 PM
If you dont have internet what is the point in trying for a platinum trophy. To be honest, the only reason I go for trophies is because I like to compete with other people or compare my trophies with other friends. If you got all the single player trophy then knowing that you did all you could should be enough

EdgeX4
12-02-2010, 07:50 PM
I still dont understand why they still don't learn not to make mp trohpies count towards the platinum trophy ! That's bull! God when will companies learn