PDA

View Full Version : 1946 at Ubi.com....unable dogfight not installed??

salthill
03-12-2007, 05:53 PM
hi
since installing 1946 and patching to 4.08 am unable to play at Ubi.com, i like to have the choice!! is it possible? i get the dogfight not installed message when i'm refused

cheers

salthill
03-12-2007, 05:53 PM
hi
since installing 1946 and patching to 4.08 am unable to play at Ubi.com, i like to have the choice!! is it possible? i get the dogfight not installed message when i'm refused

cheers

VMF-214_HaVoK
03-12-2007, 05:58 PM
There is a way to fix this in your registry, but it has been so long that I played on UBI for the life of me I can not remember. Perhaps someone else will. But do yourself a huge favor and download and install Hyperlobby. There you will find hundreds of pilots daily to fly with. Often when I log on there is 800 people online or more and rarely under 300. So if this excites you look here. HYPERLOBBY! (http://hyperfighter.sk/)

Bearcat99
03-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Hyperlobby is where it's at.

salthill
03-13-2007, 05:09 PM
hi
ok i play at HL often about 90-95% of the time. but i do like choice!! before 1946 i had the choice. so can any1 tell me if its possible to play at Ubi.com with 1946 and how do i fix the "dogfight not install problem"?

cheers

Taylortony
03-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Ok there are several possibilities with this

One

In windows go start
Programme files
ubisoft file
last window
click on set up for 46
click on network tab
if you have a window that is named IP and it has default in it, that is the problem
click on default and select the lower nimber save and try again.

Two

have you installed 46 on a different drive or in a folder such as games? as opposed to the default location? if so did you just do an auto install for the patch, if so it might of not found the game so you need to tell it where to patch to so it can locate it.

Three

have you indeed patched it...without the patch it wont play

Four

have you allowed it to pass through your firewall................ simple check, turn it off and try, if it connects its that....... remember to turn it back on.

TheBandit_76
03-13-2007, 06:08 PM
All Seeing Eye.

salthill
03-14-2007, 04:36 PM
So
i've tried everything suggested (i'm running 4.08m)and still i get the dogfight not installed error msg.
So a simple question:
has any1 been able to play 1946 on line at Ubi.com
and before u suggest it yes i mostly do play at HL and know its better and Fab but...
cheers

Spectre1968
03-14-2007, 06:08 PM
The dogfight not installed error was a bug that was fixed years ago the fix involved a registry edit.

Editing the registry is risky business.Proceed at you own risk.

Once in the registry go to mycomputer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\Game Service Games.Then rename the folder IL2FB_COOP to IL2FB_COOPERATIVE and folder IL2FB_DFIGHT to IL2FB_DOGFIGHT.Save and exit.

Editing the registry can be a risky proceedure and I take no responsibilty for any incurred problems.

proceed at your own risk.

This fix is not necessary to play at Hyperlobby.Only at Ubi.com.

Quite frankly don`t bother just fly at Hyperlobby

MD_RamRaider
03-17-2007, 07:45 AM
If you wish to play 1946 in UBI you will need to make a change in registry for the game path. see link

http://www.mightydemons.com/hq/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=77