PDA

View Full Version : pilots sitting position

EnGaurde
03-26-2005, 08:14 AM
ive seen this a few times now in ww2 era photos.

pilots, sitting way forward.

as in the headrest is about a foot behaind their head.

a great example is the flying tigers wallpaper recently offered thats now adorning my desktop.

im thinking if itd be me id be kicking back, head on headrest, arm on side of cockpit, enjoying my cruise.

instead these guys look like theyre lined up for the 100m sprint?

EnGaurde
03-26-2005, 08:14 AM
ive seen this a few times now in ww2 era photos.

pilots, sitting way forward.

as in the headrest is about a foot behaind their head.

a great example is the flying tigers wallpaper recently offered thats now adorning my desktop.

im thinking if itd be me id be kicking back, head on headrest, arm on side of cockpit, enjoying my cruise.

instead these guys look like theyre lined up for the 100m sprint?

3.JG51_BigBear
03-26-2005, 08:45 AM
If you're kicking back, head on headrest, arm on side of cockpit enjoying your cruise, you're dead. Especially in a plane like the P-40 with relatively poor rearward visibility. Sitting forward would give a much better field of vision to the rear than sitting with your head all the way back by the headrest.

3.JG51_BigBear
03-26-2005, 08:45 AM
If you're kicking back, head on headrest, arm on side of cockpit enjoying your cruise, you're dead. Especially in a plane like the P-40 with relatively poor rearward visibility. Sitting forward would give a much better field of vision to the rear than sitting with your head all the way back by the headrest.

kutyaxxon
03-26-2005, 11:55 AM
if u have LockOn check that if u change ur viewpoint the pilot is moving his head from outside view.it s funny while online playing for example while flying formation,and your pair looking at you than u really see he is watchin at you!sry 4 poor english

kutyaxxon
03-26-2005, 11:55 AM
if u have LockOn check that if u change ur viewpoint the pilot is moving his head from outside view.it s funny while online playing for example while flying formation,and your pair looking at you than u really see he is watchin at you!sry 4 poor english

JunkoIfurita
03-26-2005, 10:42 PM
You can see that in IL-2, too! I first noticed it when flying in formation, because the wingmen have their Mk1 Eyeball fixed on their lead. But you can see it in tracks, too...when dogfighting their heads will be swivelling around to follow their targets, etc.

----

JunkoIfurita
03-26-2005, 10:42 PM
You can see that in IL-2, too! I first noticed it when flying in formation, because the wingmen have their Mk1 Eyeball fixed on their lead. But you can see it in tracks, too...when dogfighting their heads will be swivelling around to follow their targets, etc.

----