PDA

View Full Version : 3.01 online: increased stutters and pauses with both exes.....?

uhoh7
11-20-2004, 10:21 AM
I am a big fan of 3.01, espcially new FMs. So I reluctantly have to report what seem to be widespread online issues with stutters, pauses, lag etc.

I joined 5 servers last nite. I saw greatly increased stuttering on my rig and read about the same issues in chat with everyonw else. I have also been in a few smooth games also.

my highest ping (excepting spkies) was 134

my rig: athlon 3800+ FX5900 ultra 2 gigs ram

Things I suspect: new water effects, possibly new "anti-cheat" coding (not sure if it's in there). Of course AA really affects this issue as do spawns. I'm afraid 3.01 is less playable online than 3.0, though improved in every other respect.

Please record your experience:

all the best,

uhoh7

VW-IceFire
11-20-2004, 10:24 AM
Really?

Well my experience is 180 degrees opposite. Version 3.0 was known to have a memory leak that would show itself after some time in play.

I went online last night just to see (I'm so busy but I needed a break). The memory leak was gone, gameplay was smooth, no troubles.

The servers you were playing on may have done some bad things with their mission setups. Server admins have to be VERY particular with the ways that they setup dogfight maps. Too much AAA will destroy any server...so careful amounts have to be used. Its an art.

uhoh7
11-20-2004, 11:32 AM
I hope you are correct icefire, thank you for your input,

uhoh7

crazyivan1970
11-20-2004, 01:02 PM
uhoh, use default nvidia setting in IL2Setup. Do not try to customize it, esp with new exe. Under video tab... GeForce 6600/6800....etc Hope that helps

Fred_77
11-20-2004, 01:18 PM
I wonder if some of the increased stutter online could be from the new .exe. I tried 3.01 online with the old .exe and everything worked normally, but when I switched to the new one, the stutters were much, much worse. Way worse then it ever was even in the orginal IL2. Also got frequent lockups, which I never got before. Reverting back to the old exe cleared up most of the problem. The really strange part is the new exe worked great offline.

S!
Fred.

Willey
11-20-2004, 01:49 PM
I also experienced quite much stutter, especially when ships were firing, even at 50+km. And - they had reduced ROF. Setting was at least 10, dunno. But very bad stutter. Respawn stutter also got a lot worse for me.

uhoh7
11-20-2004, 04:09 PM
ty crazyivan i will try that for sure.

I'm surprised more do not notice this, since it's a real topic of conversation in the servers

Fred I have been switching the exes. Franky, except for the load times, I can't really tell the difference. But i know some guys are doing way better with one or the other.

I never had terrible stutters in the original, except the ever-present respawn pause.

I did see online play get worse after the first time Oleg added "anti-cheat" code way back before the release of FB.

I never understood that addition, since I never saw any intentional cheating.

all the best and ty for the replies,

with respect,

uhoh7

ucanfly
11-20-2004, 04:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fred_77:
I wonder if some of the increased stutter online could be from the new .exe. I tried 3.01 online with the old .exe and everything worked normally, but when I switched to the new one, the stutters were much, much worse. Way worse then it ever was even in the orginal IL2. Also got frequent lockups, which I never got before. Reverting back to the old exe cleared up most of the problem. The really strange part is the new exe worked great offline.

S!
Fred. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had exactly the same experience. The fast exe is great for offline but is unplayable online (too much stutter).

crazyivan1970
11-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Alot of online stutters are map related imo, at least i am starting to believe so. There is something with textures that affects CPU and causes stutter and sudden FPS drops, even if nothing big is going down. I am about to do a test, exact same COOP mission based on Crimea map vs one on the Okinawa map. Maybe that will give us some answers.

Zephey
11-20-2004, 07:43 PM
I am haveing this prbelm with my game....
When playing online I will be flying..crusing, enjoying the sencery, when bam, the game locks up and requires a forced reset.....I installed the 3.01 patch.....and the 3.01 new patch. I also have the updated 4.11 driverss from ATI. I am at a lose on what to do to fix this.

My PC:
ATI Radeon 9600 pro 256mb.
P4 3.2 ghz
PCI 512 mb ram <- note: i think thats how much ram it has.

I think thats all you guys need...please help if you can..

uhoh7
11-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Tonite i hosted a very trim guadalcanal mission with tuned rof on ship flak etc. Players limited to 12. At the begining pings were so so around 200, i figured there were slow connections. As the room began to fill i had a few good pings, but gradually all pings rose--not the one guy with 1500, but everyone up to an average of about 575. Guys started complaining about lag. This was over about an hour. I rebooted, reset my cable modem, and pings droped to 80-150. Stayed good for hours. Same mission.

Later i played quite a time at war clouds PF with normandy and kuban maps. Pings were steady and the game played pretty well for a busy server.