PDA

View Full Version : Guards -ALWAYS- Suspicious (yellow) NEVER Unaware (white)

SmFisch
11-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Why is it that the guards in the city are always suspicious of me, and never unaware? I'm only on the second assassination, so I haven't gained a name exactly.

SmFisch
11-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Why is it that the guards in the city are always suspicious of me, and never unaware? I'm only on the second assassination, so I haven't gained a name exactly.

bobbysingh99
11-21-2007, 02:17 PM
i have this exact same problem, even hiding in hay doesnt seem to help

blarson11
11-22-2007, 01:06 AM
the tutorial says that it means they are unaware of your standing as an assassin, or are suspicious of you, but dont know who you are. any time you are in line of sight with a guard, it is yellow. that's really how its interpreted. yellow = dont do anything stupid cuz eyes are upon you. really its nothing to worry about. you can run and stuff as long as you don't start hitting people or guards.

MiniAssasin
11-22-2007, 02:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blarson11:
the tutorial says that it means they are unaware of your standing as an assassin, or are suspicious of you, but dont know who you are. any time you are in line of sight with a guard, it is yellow. that's really how its interpreted. yellow = dont do anything stupid cuz eyes are upon you. really its nothing to worry about. you can run and stuff as long as you don't start hitting people or guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can punch pople with no worries tho...except guards lol

i wish peopel would use the manual or listen to the tutorial

bobbysingh99
11-22-2007, 01:53 PM
its just confusing, i payed attention to the tutorial and read the manual before even slotting the cd in, and then read it again after my first play session.

the trouble is - normally in stealth games (such as metal gear solid) nothing at all is normal, yellow is when guards are on the lookout and red is when the chase is on.

so having yellow alert mean that everything is fine is confusing, especially when in the manuall it says something about
Guards who are unaware standing casually
guards who are suspiciuse having a hand on theyre sword (yellow)
and guards on alert have theyre swords out (red)

ive never seen guards so relaxed they dont even have a hand on theyre sword

SmFisch
11-22-2007, 05:50 PM
I did read the manual, I did pay attention to the tutorial. By the way things are described, you would assume that since the eye is always yellow, and there is an option to be white, that you have done something to cause them to be suspicious. Does that make sense to anyone, the way I am explaining this? Because they say it can be white, you assume you are doing something wrong because it is never white.

Also, in the tutorial, they said the guards only become suspicious when you use high profile running. When you blend with the crowd it is said that they would become unaware.

They're missing a piece of information between the game and the player and it's confusing.

SmFisch
11-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Bump. &gt;&lt;; Does anyone have personal experience to share? Any time you have played, have their been "unaware" guards? Are they always suspicious? (this, of course, applies to the first few missions, since you gain a name throughout the game and the suspicion arises accordingly)

Cpre5
11-24-2007, 01:30 AM
Pg 13-14 3.2 Soldiers' Awareness Levels.

White "crossed arms" = Unaware: Unaware soldiers won't interfere with the ancestor as long as his actions are socially acceptable.

Yellow "hand on sword" = Suspicious: Suspicious soldiers will react to socially unacceptable behavior.

Red " sword out" = Informed: Informed soldiers are on the lookout for the ancestor.

With that being said Ive only seen soldiers with crossed arms at the gate when you sneak into town. Other then that the seems to be yellow all the time.

SmFisch
11-24-2007, 01:38 AM
Yeah, thanks for the input. I'm not here to debate what people say, but just to see personal experience with this problem and if I'm doing anything wrong.

To me, it seems like that if I just stay walking, without running, and scaling walls, etc... that the guards should remain unaware. :\

Pyro1327
04-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Think of it like the eye in Fable (if you haven't played Fable there is an eye and if its open then people can see you and if its closed no ones watching) and it makes more sense. When it is in the White abstergo symbol they can't see you. When it is Yellow they can see you but dont know ur about to kill them. when its red they want to kill you.