PDA

View Full Version : no subtitles

randjcr
10-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Can't get subtitles even after the intro. The box is dimmed out in Options. I've tried everything Ubi tech has suggested. Now they are telling me that the issue is "being looked into by the developers." That says to me that I'm not the only one with the problem. This was exactly the same bug in Myst IV. Ubi kept insisting that the problem was at my end, but then, lo and behold, a patch was issued to fix it. Do you think the same thing will happen for V? Anytime soon? Thanks.

randjcr
10-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Can't get subtitles even after the intro. The box is dimmed out in Options. I've tried everything Ubi tech has suggested. Now they are telling me that the issue is "being looked into by the developers." That says to me that I'm not the only one with the problem. This was exactly the same bug in Myst IV. Ubi kept insisting that the problem was at my end, but then, lo and behold, a patch was issued to fix it. Do you think the same thing will happen for V? Anytime soon? Thanks.

thomasbc
10-12-2005, 01:41 PM
I experienced a similar problem with the subtitles option. After loading the game, I clicked on the 'Options' button on the main splash screen to set the Video/Audio/Game options that I wanted. The 'Subtitles' option was grayed out and I could not select it. I immediately thought of the Myst IV problem as well (but I did get the subtitles to work in the demo of Myst V).

Anyway, long story short, after I started a new game and then went into the Options screen from the game (top of the screen), then the Subtitles option was selectable and I had no problems after that. I think they did it this way because they have no subtitles available for the intro with Atrus (just a guess).