PDA

View Full Version : La Volpe's vision (spoiler alert!)

CRUDFACE
12-01-2010, 06:59 AM
So, the game always hints at Volpe having eagle Vision, but when he's not trusting Machiavelli, it feels like he doesn't have the sight. I mean, if he had eagle vision, wouldn't he be able to tell if he was a friend or foe?

CRUDFACE
12-01-2010, 06:59 AM
So, the game always hints at Volpe having eagle Vision, but when he's not trusting Machiavelli, it feels like he doesn't have the sight. I mean, if he had eagle vision, wouldn't he be able to tell if he was a friend or foe?

obliviondoll
12-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Eagle Vision feeds off of the viewer's perception.

[AC1 SPOILER BELOW]

Look at Al Mualim with Eagle Vision in the first Assassin's Creed. He's your final enemy, but he's blue all the way through.

[END SPOILER]

The same could be said for the ending of Brotherhood, which I'm not going to spoil, but if you've seen it, you know what I mean.

So no, Eagle Vision isn't infallible.

CRUDFACE
12-01-2010, 01:04 PM
You never get to look Al Mualim in AC1, they never let you get a look at him with eagle vision on. As for the ending of Brotherhood, that's up for debate, as nobody knows what went through (blanks) mind at the time, actions or whatever was going on.

Eagle vision is supposed to act as a sixth sense.It's meant to sense how people and objects relate to him, so the way a person feels toward said target would just disregard the whole ability.

E-Zekiel
12-01-2010, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
You never get to look Al Mualim in AC1, they never let you get a look at him with eagle vision on. As for the ending of Brotherhood, that's up for debate, as nobody knows what went through (blanks) mind at the time, actions or whatever was going on.

Eagle vision is supposed to act as a sixth sense.It's meant to sense how people and objects relate to him, so the way a person feels toward said target would just disregard the whole ability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This. When you are following Maria as Altair in AC2? She is yellow. This does not mean he is assassinating her (though initially I mistook it for this, and was doing my damndest to cut her off and kill her, but it wouldn't let me). It means she is his target - IE she is what he was there for. His follow target, so to speak.

CRUDFACE
12-01-2010, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Eagle vision is supposed to act as a sixth sense.It's meant to sense how people and objects relate to him, so the way a person feels toward said target would just disregard the whole ability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This. When you are following Maria as Altair in AC2? She is yellow. This does not mean he is assassinating her (though initially I mistook it for this, and was doing my damndest to cut her off and kill her, but it wouldn't let me). It means she is his target - IE she is what he was there for. His follow target, so to speak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lmao, you did? Man, I thought I was the only one trying to do that! But yellow could just mean a goal, something of importanct to him. Which explains why some objects glow yelow as well, you couldn't assassinate the circuit boxes when playing as Desmond, lol.

E-Zekiel
12-01-2010, 02:18 PM
LOL

I found the power boxes.

"Why am I not getting any power then? Did you turn them on like I asked?"

No but I stabbed them with my hidden blade.

"..."

Sparty2020
12-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Like others have said, EV is influenced by what people consider the person. La Volpe considered Machiavelli to be a target and his goal, nothing more. Thus Machiavelli probably appeared yellow/gold.

X10J
12-01-2010, 07:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

This. When you are following Maria as Altair in AC2? She is yellow. This does not mean he is assassinating her (though initially I mistook it for this, and was doing my damndest to cut her off and kill her, but it wouldn't let me). It means she is his target - IE she is what he was there for. His follow target, so to speak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucy is gold in the beginning of AC2 because she's Desmond's goal, to follow, not assassinate, [White text spoiler:] <span class="ev_code_WHITE">*plays end of AC:B* or maybe I was wrong.</span>.

ExprtAssassin
12-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Yeah you get to see Al Mualim, just dont leave after he gives you the assignment and the cut scene is over....

E-Zekiel
12-01-2010, 10:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:

Lucy is gold in the beginning of AC2 because she's Desmond's goal, to follow, not assassinate, [White text spoiler:] <span class="ev_code_WHITE">*plays end of AC:B* or maybe I was wrong.</span>. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not notice this, at the beginning of AC2. TY for pointing it out, this is an interesting bit of extra info.

CRUDFACE
12-02-2010, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ExprtAssassin:

Yeah you get to see Al Mualim, just dont leave after he gives you the assignment and the cut scene is over.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do!? CRAP, I wish I got to see...thanks for telling me about it though. But last post i did say that yellow just meant a goal, and used assassination as an example. But i thought eagle vision was meant to guide you instead of ther other way around? Like...I think three people say that it is what the viewer thinks, but wouldn't that go against the whole point? That doesn't mean it's a "sixth sense" just something that enhances what you want or choose to know.