PDA

View Full Version : whats your favored/hated patch?

Daiichidoku
04-06-2008, 04:21 PM
which patch do you wish was final version of game, and why?
which patch do you wish never saw the light of day, and why?

ill go with 304, i think was the kindest to american planes

i think i hated 204 the most, i think that was one with completely indestructible ki84s

i sure miss the pre-190 fuel leak bug days too

Daiichidoku
04-06-2008, 04:21 PM
which patch do you wish was final version of game, and why?
which patch do you wish never saw the light of day, and why?

ill go with 304, i think was the kindest to american planes

i think i hated 204 the most, i think that was one with completely indestructible ki84s

i sure miss the pre-190 fuel leak bug days too

JG52Uther
04-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I like 408m,and hopefully 409m will be the best.I just wish we had the bigger dots from that earlier patch!

R_Target
04-06-2008, 04:27 PM
4.03/.04/.05 were the ones where USN planes spun in circles from MG recoil. That only took a year(!)to fix. 4.01 was good. 4.02 was great for some planes and horrible for others.

AEP era patches were some sort of comedy show.

DKoor
04-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Most liked patch when we got Ju-87B2 flyable,
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
v1.2 patch changes and additions:

* New flyable: Messerschmitt Bf-109 E-7/Z German fighter.
* New flyable: Yakovlev Yak-9 Soviet fighter.
* New flyable: Yakovlev Yak-9D Soviet fighter.
* New flyable: Junkers Ju-87 B-2 German attack plane.
* The FW-109 A-4 altitude indicator now has the coarse dial operating properly.
* Corrected speeds for the Yak-1, 1941 model. The corrected maximal speeds now are: 472 km/h at sea-level,
and 569 km/h at 4.86 km.
* As computer disk system may cause lags when repeatedly taking screenshots, in order to improve stability
of the on-line gaming, the ability to take screenshots was limited to one per 10 seconds when playing on-line.
</pre>

I hate V4.02.

SeaFireLIV
04-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Y`know, i can`t quite remember the number version I liked the most. It was one of the 4.XX. Anyway, it was the one where the main majority of the forum kept whining on about `wobble`.

1.I had no trouble with `wobble` at all. another reason I liked it was that the AI FM was the best yet, the AI seemed to use it convincingly and seemed even able to make Human errors. The speeds were were slower and they were actually easier to engage. This fact alone meant the sim was more realistic, simply because it felt like I was tackling AI with the same abilities as Human online and not super-bots. that was the best patch ever.

2.One thing I do know was when they `corrected` this with the very next Patch, AI suddenly turned into Tie-fighters and X-wings, zooming and spinning about the skies in an incredibly unrealistic fashion. that later patch was the worse for me. I even stopped playing IL2 for a while because of it.

1. best.
2. worst.

Stiletto-
04-06-2008, 06:10 PM
I dunno what number it was, but it was in the days of the original IL2, and my buds and I used to do alot of co-ops.. The patch made the IL-2 and I assume other attack aircraft hardly able to gain altitude at all, if you had a decent size payload. It was sometimes impossible to take off the ground unless their was a hill going down at the end of the runway, and when starting in the air high, sometimes we couldnt keep the altitude and we'd over heat and drop anymore.. You really had to work your aircraft to even get to the target. I guess this was a bad patch for me, but I guess it was kind of fun too.

Brain32
04-07-2008, 06:59 AM
V4.01 was probably the best, after that it all went History Channel FTW http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Feathered_IV
04-07-2008, 08:06 AM
FB v1.1
Prior to that I didn't know what a patch was. Happier, simpler times.

rnzoli
04-07-2008, 09:43 AM
most hated: 4.09

for ending the life of a great sim prematurely, before any replacement was available

MOH_MADMAN
04-07-2008, 12:07 PM
if i remember correctly, v1.03 was a fm nightmare that tanked many a good plane, with some not yet recovered form that lashing.

Metatron_123
04-07-2008, 02:14 PM
The changes i remember best:

A) When I first got Il-2, all ai planes did was turn. If you put 4 Me 109 G-6s vs 4 La- 5FMs, after 5 minutes there would be 1/2 an Me-109 (usually me, smoking and looking like swiss cheese) and still 4 La-5s. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

I also remember that the La-5FM was better than anything else flyale the game had to offer, and you could take 1 of those and do battle with 15 Bf-109s without fear of losing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

B) When I got Forgotten Battles, I was pleasantly surprised to find that you could actually do well against the dreaded La-5s and La-7s, and that the ai finally did B & Z as well as turn.
What was horrible though was head on attacks. All ai fighters shot like Robin Hood when coming in head on.

C) In Pacific Fighters everything seemed fine to be honest.

D) In IL-2 1946 AI seems a bit too fast.

I can't remember any other patches, but I think I covered the main versions well. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Phil_K
04-07-2008, 04:17 PM
I liked 2.0 best because I could nail 8 x Ace AI Ki-84's in a solo F4U.

Doubt I could do three Zeros now.

DIRTY-MAC
04-07-2008, 05:21 PM
10.0 period.

PBNA-Boosher
04-07-2008, 06:19 PM
I hated 2.0 because my beloved P-40 exploded if I pushed it past 500 kph!

I don't know though, I'm quite happy with 4.08m and 4.09b1m. I've owned the game since the beginning and have been online since FB, loved every minute of it!

SeaFireLIV
04-07-2008, 06:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Metatron_123:
The changes i remember best:

A) When I first got Il-2, all ai planes did was turn. If you put 4 Me 109 G-6s vs 4 La- 5FMs, after 5 minutes there would be 1/2 an Me-109 (usually me, smoking and looking like swiss cheese) and still 4 La-5s. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was true. i remember someone panning IL2 because of it. I took up a fighter against 109s and the 109s did indeed just turn to try and get out of trouble against planes that turned better. At the time I was still a novice to the intricacies of WWII air combat and thought it was supposed to be.

LA5s were indeed super-good, so too Yaks and then I16s which were a an allied dream and luftwaffe nightmare as they never suffered neg-G, turned on a dime and climbed merrily taking on later war aircraft with ease. Those were the days. Friendly AI used to also shoot down the player if he was in the way.

Much was fixed. 109s started B&Zing, using extending tactics and generally knowing when to turn fight. they also became less afraid of going low in dogfights. I have a terrible time escaping 109s by going low as they chase just as low and often shoot me down.

La5s suddenly became much harder to fight in, same for yaks and the poor I16 got neutered and neutered until it chokes at the first opportunity and has the armour resistance of an eggshell. It takes skill to fly now.

Still, it was all more realistic and better for it.

Friendly AI no longer shoots down the Player, automatically stopping fire if player is in the way (save for the few shells already fired).

So MUCH was changed and fixed for the better.

huggy87
04-08-2008, 10:47 AM
I thought you meant these kind of patches

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

anarchy52
04-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Most loved: 4.10
Flyable Spit Mk I, 20mm default loadout for G10/G14 (mk108 still optional), new nations like Spain both republican and nationalist, Greece, Brazil, RYAF, Croatian AF, China, new maps BoB, Croatia, new airfields, removed "bar" from FW-190...

Most hated 4.0 final for dropping the wonderful FM of the 4 beta x

jarink
04-08-2008, 01:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rnzoli:
most hated: 4.09 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, especially since it doesn't include half of the stuff that had been submitted and "was being worked on", like the Avia biplane.

My most fav patch would be one not available here.

DKoor
04-08-2008, 01:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil_K:
I liked 2.0 best because I could nail 8 x Ace AI Ki-84's in a solo F4U.

Doubt I could do three Zeros now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You mean you nailed them with P-51? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Grey_Mouser67
04-08-2008, 06:28 PM
I can't remember the specific patches but I remember the things I liked and disliked...my favorites were:

Ace expansion pack
the patch that made the mustang manuever well
the patch that changed the .50's to less dispersion
The patch that fixed the FM oscillations

Least favorites...
Several changed the AI to where my wingman doesn't protect me and enemy manuevers are ufo like...my least favorite
The patch that unfixed the Mustang FM
The patch that brought us wobbly oscillating aircraft...completely unrealistic to real planes
The patch
The patch that brought us indestructable Japanese aircraft