PDA

View Full Version : Something is wrong again with Spit overheating

Tvrdi
11-24-2004, 04:38 PM
last night i flew online in late spit with my friends....i was curious what is done with the spit in the patch,..guess what...no overheating even after long time flying (full throttle with WEP)and my temp gauge showed that i reached 120 (around 112 is redline) but still - nothing.....before last patch spit overheated rather quickly..before that again it was impossible to overheat...Im asking WTF is going on with spits overheating? is it so hard to balance this? theyr going from one exaggeration to another....

faustnik
11-24-2004, 05:14 PM
How long did you run WEP? Have you actually timed it? I thought this issue was resolved in 3.0, too bad if it is messed up again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

DangerForward
11-24-2004, 05:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tvrdi:
last night i flew online in late spit with my friends....i was curious what is done with the spit in the patch,..guess what...no overheating even after long time flying (full throttle with WEP)and my temp gauge showed that i reached 120 (around 112 is redline) but still - nothing.....before last patch spit overheated rather quickly..before that again it was impossible to overheat...Im asking WTF is going on with spits overheating? is it so hard to balance this? theyr going from one exaggeration to another.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I timed it out for wep at sea level for the IXc, IXe LF, and VIII. The IXc was exactly 5 minutes, and both the IXe and VIII were around 5.5 minutes. Given that my test procedure might not have been exactly the same for each plane, those numbers seem pretty reasonable to me. I used the Crimea map. These were not tests from takeoff, but rather I flew around at normal power a little to get the engine heat up to its steady state temp.

Nubarus
11-24-2004, 05:41 PM
Spit does overheat with patch 3.01, even on 100% without WEP, at least on my install it does.

faustnik
11-24-2004, 08:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DangerForward:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tvrdi:
last night i flew online in late spit with my friends....i was curious what is done with the spit in the patch,..guess what...no overheating even after long time flying (full throttle with WEP)and my temp gauge showed that i reached 120 (around 112 is redline) but still - nothing.....before last patch spit overheated rather quickly..before that again it was impossible to overheat...Im asking WTF is going on with spits overheating? is it so hard to balance this? theyr going from one exaggeration to another.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I timed it out for wep at sea level for the IXc, IXe LF, and VIII. The IXc was exactly 5 minutes, and both the IXe and VIII were around 5.5 minutes. Given that my test procedure might not have been exactly the same for each plane, those numbers seem pretty reasonable to me. I used the Crimea map. These were not tests from takeoff, but rather I flew around at normal power a little to get the engine heat up to its steady state temp. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those numbers say it is dead on with the Spit manual. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thanks for the report.