PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 Graphics?

Creteck
01-28-2011, 12:03 PM
well i dont think i am the only one in this world that want the game Assassins Creed 3.

but the one thing that i want to ask Ubisoft is can you get a new graphic engine?

Creteck
01-28-2011, 12:03 PM
well i dont think i am the only one in this world that want the game Assassins Creed 3.

but the one thing that i want to ask Ubisoft is can you get a new graphic engine?

kriegerdesgottes
01-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Why? The graphics in Assassin's Creed are amazing. The second game had some issues but Brotherhood made up for a lot of them and the first one was pretty amazing.

jzsnyder
01-28-2011, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Why? The graphics in Assassin's Creed are amazing. The second game had some issues but Brotherhood made up for a lot of them and the first one was pretty amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The graphics in brotherhood seemed to have taken a step-backwards in graphics for me. Sure, the view from the top of the castello is pretty amazing, but the texture pop-in is just too much to ignore. However, I do not agree with cretec about integrating the cryengine, and my jaw dropped at the mention of a new "graphic style"...

Creteck
01-28-2011, 05:06 PM
yes thats true i loved all of them, and i still do.

but like i said: make a new graphic style in the next chapter of the Assassins Creed series.

perhaps the one they are using in: ghost Recon: Future warfare? (that one looks amazing)

but whatever Assassins Creed is my number one gaming series of all timehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Creteck
01-28-2011, 05:19 PM
the idea of CryEngine, was just stupid! i see it now.

kriegerdesgottes
01-28-2011, 05:25 PM
I wish they would kind of go back more to the way the first game's graphics were where everything just looked so amazing. I remember seeing the first shots of ACII and thinking to myself wow I hope these are just early shots and they are going to make it look better and the game did look great but it wasn't as good as the original and I felt Brotherhood was slightly better but they never got that same realistic texture and crisp imaging that the first one had.

ThaWhistle
01-28-2011, 05:34 PM
the original came out in that whole grey or brown, very dark graphics fad(gears of war, one of the halos, etc)

yet it did it almost perfectly. if it wasnt for the physics of AC1, and the animation(which was good for its time, but dated now) it would have looked very lifelike. In AC2, some cities and certain lightings felt cartoonish.

Creteck
01-28-2011, 05:35 PM
i am agreed with you kriegerdesgotte!
and you to ThaWhistle!

kriegerdesgottes
01-28-2011, 05:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
the original came out in that whole grey or brown, very dark graphics fad(gears of war, one of the halos, etc)

yet it did it almost perfectly. if it wasnt for the physics of AC1, and the animation(which was good for its time, but dated now) it would have looked very lifelike. In AC2, some cities and certain lightings felt cartoonish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly. That's exactly what I thought too.

Ass4ssin8me
01-28-2011, 06:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:

yet it did it almost perfectly. if it wasnt for the physics of AC1, and the animation(which was good for its time, but dated now) it would have looked very lifelike. In AC2, some cities and certain lightings felt cartoonish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly. That's exactly what I thought too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto XD

Noble6
01-29-2011, 12:17 AM
If they want to make better graphics they have to make sandbox smaller. Im sure they will make new style for the game of course.

Creteck
01-29-2011, 07:38 AM
I do not know much about graphics engines

but here's what I think:

graphics have changed between Assassins Creed 1 to 2 and since AC: B was a continuation of the AC2, they used the same graphic style.
and so will probably AC3 with a new style!

DavisP92
01-29-2011, 07:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cretec:
I do not know much about graphics engines

but here's what I think:

graphics have changed between Assassins Creed 1 to 2 and since AC: B was a continuation of the AC2, they used the same graphic style.
and so will probably AC3 with a new style! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get what ur saying, and in fact it would be interesting to see something new. But it still would have to look realistic. I mean not like the new Ghost Recon, prince of persia (2008) or any of the other games like that.

Creteck
01-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Pdavis3 i think we meen the same thing!

i want more realistic movements!
(brotherhood had a lot better movement then AC2, so i do not complain)

and something new, but not to much new things!

Alpha Ender
01-29-2011, 08:57 PM

I know others have said it, but you're spot on my friend. I'm going to disagree with you a bit though. The physics of the bodies, especially while falling or hitting the ground, got worse as the games progressed. Killing someone while standing by a ledge in any of the games glitched you slightly into the air or onto the edge, making you fall (very frustrating). The blood in the first one was...probably not as detailed as the others, but it came out of the bodies on time. Also, the ragdoll cutting of the strings on dead bodies was better in the first, as in they didn't twitch or fly off into the next district when their...souls (?) left their bodies. They would just die.

Also, I miss the soldiers screaming if you didn't kill them, but just fatally wounded them. I would always go around the battlefield at the end of a fight in AC and put the poor souls out of their misery with the hidden blade. Just didn't seem right to leave them there screaming for about half a minute till they died. Like poor Jacopo...

kriegerdesgottes
01-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah what ever happened to being able to kill people while they are rolling around on the ground in pain like in the first game. I really liked that in the first game where you could use your hidden blade while they were still slightly alive and finish them off.

Razrback16
01-29-2011, 09:51 PM
If Ubi would stop limiting themselves to Console graphics hardware they would be able to move forward and go to DX11. Fortunately, it still looks good in DX9 maxed out on the PC -- it only looks grainy and crappy on the consoles.

Creteck
01-30-2011, 10:47 AM
AlphaEnder i am agree, especially with the poor guards on the ground (as you can kill with the hidden blade)

Mr_Shade
01-30-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm sure the dev team won't sit on their hands..

In my personal opinion, ACB saw some real improvements over AC2 using the current updated Anvil Engine - one that sticks in my mind, is the active lighting system used to convey the clouds passing in front of the sun...

That was one of my favorite parts of AC1.. which was sadly missing in AC2

That and the increased levels of details..

With the advent of Crysis 2 on consoles, I think most game devs will be pushing the consoles harder - since people will expect it.

Xanatos2007
01-30-2011, 11:55 AM
I just hope that the devs will remember that gaming should be about games, not about graphics or variety or peripherals or whatever.

Mr_Shade
01-30-2011, 12:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I just hope that the devs will remember that gaming should be about games, not about graphics or variety or peripherals or whatever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So my idea of ninja light saber battles with a PS3 Move controller is not a great one for AC3?

sigh...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Tbh gameplay and storyline is always important http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Xanatos2007
01-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Gameplay & story should flow together; the story should be told through the gamepaly. A lot of games seem to miss this however and most of the action is just an overly complicated way of wheeling the player from one cutscene to the next.

Inorganic9_2
01-30-2011, 12:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:

exactly. That's exactly what I thought too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

Creteck
01-30-2011, 02:21 PM
i all most forgot: the story and the gameplay all ways comes first! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

crash3
01-30-2011, 02:25 PM
i have to admit the graphics in the AC series are outdated-ubisoft boast about this huge open world to interact with but then games like SABOTEUR and RED DEAD REDEMPTION come out with much bigger open worlds and much better graphics-come on ubisoft!! do a good job of AC3 but dont make it a shooter like the two games just mentioned-i like fighting with swords and daggers!