PDA

View Full Version : The weapons, robe and sheaths.

moqqy
06-01-2007, 08:06 AM
I wonder if you are always gonna carry the weapons and/or sheaths and the same robe as Altair. Since, how can you blend in the crowd with crossbow, longswords and shortwords plus a white robe that no-one else has. I mean, you're the king William, you see an hooded figure approaching with crossbow on his back, longsword at his waist, you're not going to think he's the local cook.

So in my opinion, there should be missions where you can ( SHOULD! ) remove all the sheaths, crossbows and the longsword and the daggers from you waist, your only weapon being the hidden switchblade. I find it really bad looking that someone armed from toe to head "blends in" to the crowd, or the monks.

What do you think?

moqqy
06-01-2007, 08:06 AM
I wonder if you are always gonna carry the weapons and/or sheaths and the same robe as Altair. Since, how can you blend in the crowd with crossbow, longswords and shortwords plus a white robe that no-one else has. I mean, you're the king William, you see an hooded figure approaching with crossbow on his back, longsword at his waist, you're not going to think he's the local cook.

So in my opinion, there should be missions where you can ( SHOULD! ) remove all the sheaths, crossbows and the longsword and the daggers from you waist, your only weapon being the hidden switchblade. I find it really bad looking that someone armed from toe to head "blends in" to the crowd, or the monks.

What do you think?

Lhorkan
06-01-2007, 08:23 AM
The assassinations will be public (we don't know of a stealth assassination yet, but I assume most of them will be public so there can be the cool escape sequence stuff), so you will need a sword to defend yourself if you'd get caught.

The robe is, I'd say, part of the assassin's guild thingie, y'know, ritual stuff. And you have to admit that it looks reeeaaally cool. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

moqqy
06-01-2007, 08:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The assassinations will be public (we don't know of a stealth assassination yet, but I assume most of them will be public so there can be the cool escape sequence stuff), so you will need a sword to defend yourself if you'd get caught.

The robe is, I'd say, part of the assassin's guild thingie, y'know, ritual stuff. And you have to admit that it looks reeeaaally cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It looks good, yes. And the robe could be weared but not all the weapons. They're aiming for realism.

You have to defend yourself, yes, but if you wear them like that you would have to defend yourself BEFORE you kill the target.

If you get caught you're probably dead no matter if you got the sword or not, considering you're surrounded by many guards, and I'm sure switchblade can handle a few too. I mean, you can block and kill with the switchblade too. And you could leave the sword to a close alley or something, if it's possible.

Lhorkan
06-01-2007, 08:43 AM
I highely doubt that you can block with a switchblade. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Leaving the sword somewhere could be a good idea though.

moqqy
06-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Why couldn't you? It's the size of a dagger. You can block with daggers. And even if you can't, you can dodge. Carrying so many weapons is just unrealistic..

EDIT: Also it is stated that the switchblade is used because you cannot carry visible weapons everywhere when you move in public. So I hope you do not carry visible weapons usually in public then..

freestylegr
06-01-2007, 09:51 AM
you can carry all those weapons, meaning that it's realistic.

moqqy
06-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Huh? lol

Ah you misunderstood. I didn't mean you CAN'T carry them, like they're too heavy or something.. But carrying so many weapons in PUBLIC while trying to BLEND IN is unrealistic.

Lhorkan
06-01-2007, 10:53 AM
You can't block with a wristblade. It would snap off.

Phreaky_McGeek
06-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Dude it's a game... does it really matter if ya gonna have fun?

moqqy
06-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Sigh, phreaky -.-

It's a game, oh really?
Why would we want all the fancy freerunning and combat and stealth? Heck, just do make it tetris! It doesn't matter, we're having fun!

moqqy
06-01-2007, 11:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lhorkan:
You can't block with a wristblade. It would snap off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not necessarily. You wouldn't maybe be able to directly block a full force sword strike, but change the direction of the blows, and as I said, dodge the strikes.

chewie1890
06-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Double posting is against the rules, use the EDIT buton on your posts.

Bringing things into extremes is a terrible arguement. I think we all realize what he's saying.

Besides that Tetris is a terrible game in my oppinon...

moqqy
06-01-2007, 12:02 PM
"Double posting is against the rules, use the EDIT buton on your posts.

Bringing things into extremes is a terrible arguement. I think we all realize what he's saying.

Besides that Tetris is a terrible game in my oppinon..."

You could clarify who you are talking about. We all realize what who is saying?

They are aiming for realism. Why shouldn't they make it realistic then? I want it to be as good as possible.

And indeed it does matter, since I would have MORE fun if this was in it. So it matters alot. They want to make it realistic, then they should.

Phreaky_McGeek
06-01-2007, 12:06 PM
I never said anything about a puzzle game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Sam Fisher's goggles whined like a calf being shot when he turned them on but the guards didn't realise, nobody really cares.

moqqy
06-01-2007, 12:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
I never said anything about a puzzle game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Sam Fisher's goggles whined like a calf being shot when he turned them on but the guards didn't realise, nobody really cares. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I never said you ever said anything about a puzzle game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

I never said anything about a Splinter Cell game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Pock101
06-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I understand exactly what you mean, moqqy. I agree it's not realistic at all to be carrying all of those weapons and expect to blend in with every other person, sure carrying all those weapons may not matter in some situations, but it would make more sense if you didn't always have them strapped to your body. And, you could probably parry with a
switch blade.

moqqy
06-01-2007, 12:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pock101:
I understand exactly what you mean, moqqy. I agree it's not realistic at all to be carrying all of those weapons and expect to blend in with every other person, sure carrying all those weapons may not matter in some situations, but it would make more sense if you didn't always have them strapped to your body. And, you could probably parry with a
switch blade. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, sometimes you could have them, sometimes not. You could probably decide, depending on the approach you want to take.

freestylegr
06-01-2007, 01:03 PM
first of all, tetris is an all time classic game.

we have had enough of unrealistic games. people that enjoy only those, have plenty to play. we (the people that do want realism) on the other hand, have almost none.

that's not unrealistic, but unwise.

chewie1890
06-01-2007, 01:10 PM
First of all, it's an oppinion, i'm entitled to it.

Everyone loves having realism but the thing is, it's a videogame. Not everything on it CAN be realistic, the system would explode, some things are gonna have to be slightly less realistic, that doesn't make it bad though. It's never going to be ultra-super-I-can't-believe-its-not-real-life but this game is extremely close on the realism scale, and I think we're starting to under-appreciate it.

freestylegr
06-01-2007, 01:16 PM
i think you're missing the point.

we want them to use the hardware to the max.

and why exacly, you don't consider tetris a classic? have you ever played it?

chewie1890
06-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Freestyle stop hi-jacking the thread. This isn't a topic about why I don't like tetris. Yes I have played it, it is a classic but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Geezez.

In response to the rest of your post I believe it was JN006 who said it and with him working on Assassins Creed I think he knows what he's talking about. Anyways what he said was basically along the lines of:

"The systems are being pushed to their limits, we won't see a GREAT deal more from them."

freestylegr
06-01-2007, 01:30 PM
that's great.

they are doing and will do, the best they can.

moqqy
06-01-2007, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewie1890:
First of all, it's an oppinion, i'm entitled to it.

Everyone loves having realism but the thing is, it's a videogame. Not everything on it CAN be realistic, the system would explode, some things are gonna have to be slightly less realistic, that doesn't make it bad though. It's never going to be ultra-super-I-can't-believe-its-not-real-life but this game is extremely close on the realism scale, and I think we're starting to under-appreciate it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh yes. The system would EXPLODE if they REMOVED some gear from Altair on some missions.

Or they could do a system that you raise more suspicious with all the gear or visible weapons, so you should take them off.

And it's not a tiny little thing, it's the most visible thing on the game - Altair and how the crowd reacts. Altair's looks. It's not like we're chatting about how there shouldn't be lights in so many houses because in the middle age they couldn't afford it.

A.B.O.Y
06-01-2007, 01:55 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif Wow some people get stressed its only a game, as long as its a great game(which it is)im not realy bothered if you can take your weapons off.

moqqy
06-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Some people want the roleplay elements in it too, and want to really feel like they're in the game, and that is what they are trying to support infact, so..

Annux912
06-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Don't forget that around this time period it wasn't uncommon for normal people to carry weapons (like a sword) around with them, it's a dangerous world. That doesn't mean that some guy totally armed to the teeth isn't going to go unnoticed, but I doubt carrying a sword and maybe a crossbow around with you would be too extreme or out of the ordinary for the Crusades.

foxassassin
06-01-2007, 02:52 PM
i think you schould have the option to change you`re robes and swords ar maybe something like a cloak to *hide* you`re blade
or something like a black robe that would be awesome http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

moqqy
06-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah annux, just like in wild west, it wasn't unusual to carry a gun. And that's what I mean by sometimes. I mean, there should be some kind of thing that shows how much the guards are paying attention to you, maybe not visible one, but that a computer calculates it. So you wouldn't want to wear all that stuff all the time.

In the trailers, no one carryed a sword in there thought and it isn't extraordinary but not usual either to carry weapons. Well, to be honest, I think it's like the current situation in Iraq. Many ordinary people carry weapons and the police don't care.

But certainly brings attention to yourself if you have an AK-47 ( Sword/crossbow in AC ) and you're near an important figure.

chewie1890
06-01-2007, 03:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

Oh yes. The system would EXPLODE if they REMOVED some gear from Altair on some missions.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an expression. If you paid attention to my post you would have realized that I said that the systems couldn't handle perfect realism.

My posts main point was that we don't need perfect realism and people are nit-picking.

moqqy
06-01-2007, 03:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewie1890:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an expression. If you paid attention to my post you would have realized that I said that the systems couldn't handle perfect realism.

My posts main point was that we don't need perfect realism and people are nit-picking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why couldn't the system handle this? And it's not nit picking as I said, it's one of the biggest parts of the game, if not the biggest.
They've hyped about the realism, the crowds reaction, etc. And this is simple thing to do.

chewie1890
06-01-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm not talking about this sole occurence, I'm talking about the other small things that people are complaining about. And I could of sworn it was largely agreed upon that carrying a weapon during these times wouldn't be very suspicious.

moqqy
06-01-2007, 04:28 PM
But armed to teeth? That's gonna raise suspision. And did you read my other posts? :P

This is what I said.

"Yeah annux, just like in wild west, it wasn't unusual to carry a gun. And that's what I mean by sometimes. I mean, there should be some kind of thing that shows how much the guards are paying attention to you, maybe not visible one, but that a computer calculates it. So you wouldn't want to wear all that stuff all the time.

In the trailers, no one carryed a sword in there thought and it isn't extraordinary but not usual either to carry weapons. Well, to be honest, I think it's like the current situation in Iraq. Many ordinary people carry weapons and the police don't care.

But certainly brings attention to yourself if you have an AK-47 ( Sword/crossbow in AC ) and you're near an important figure."

chewie1890
06-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Yes I read it but I still don't think walking in with a crossbow and a sword is that shocking, even if it was out of the ordinary I don't think the guards are expecting a killing in broad daylight so they would just toss it off as an over-protective guy.

The problem with this is there are so many different trains of thought that the people can follow, and in the end it all depends on what Ubi wants them to do, either dismiss it as just a little weird, or take it as extremely shocking.

I can't wait to find out. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thumper1980
06-01-2007, 06:15 PM
It's medieval times, EVERYONE carried a sword. Plus the fact that theres a war going on.

It's like everyone carried a 6 shooter in the west.

Boromir323
06-01-2007, 06:21 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Pepedou
06-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Actually it's not unrealistic to have weapons. I think Jade even said that the night before the demo mission, Achre had been seiged and because of that there were many guards around and people that had swords. Also it was very common during the Middle Age (and more in the middle of a crusade) that people equipped a dagger or a sword (you know, just in case). So I don't think it's very unrealistic but the contrary.
Gee http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gifI hadn't read the second page of the thread. I think some of you already stated the fact that in the Middle Age many people had weapons. Well I approve those posts then.

revan49274
06-01-2007, 10:29 PM
well if I had to guess you would use the assassins hide out to store weapons. so it would be up to you on which ones you take. also having it be known it was you that is the assassin is apart of the game in the later aspects... or so I've heard any ways, but to answer some things.

it has been said that there well be light RPG elements to the game: new weapons, new moves, etc. and it has been said by cheat planet, I think, that there may be some armor changes or new outfits of sorts. though i don't know how much of this is true though just going of memory and cheat planet.

SpyderNynja
06-01-2007, 11:24 PM
wow...people just say the same thing over and over, its pointless to fight about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

maybe the guards think he's a hard working blacksmith http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

moqqy
06-02-2007, 03:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by swiftslasher7:
wow...people just say the same thing over and over, its pointless to fight about http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

maybe the guards think he's a hard working blacksmith http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hard working blacksmith wouldn't probably carry like six knives at his chest, a long sword, shortsword and a crossbow.

"Yes I read it but I still don't think walking in with a crossbow and a sword is that shocking, even if it was out of the ordinary I don't think the guards are expecting a killing in broad daylight so they would just toss it off as an over-protective guy.

The problem with this is there are so many different trains of thought that the people can follow, and in the end it all depends on what Ubi wants them to do, either dismiss it as just a little weird, or take it as extremely shocking.

I can't wait to find out."

Yeah, it's certainly not shocking and the guards shouldn't arrest him for it or something, no, but it just raises the interest meter. I mean cmon, which is more suspicious, a man with no weapons visible without hood, or a man armed to teeth with daggers swords and a crossbow?

So when you're walking down the street, sure, you could have them without bringing TOO MUCH attention to yourself. But when the target is on a stage with guards looking for armed people... You get the idea.

"It's medieval times, EVERYONE carried a sword. Plus the fact that theres a war going on.

It's like everyone carried a 6 shooter in the west."

Nah.. As you can see in the trailers no-one carries a sword except you and the guards. And alot of people couldn't afford a sword. And if you would read my earlier posts you would understand that I agree that people carry them it's just more suspicious around a target and the guards are going to watch an armed guy more than someone without a sword. Especially someone armed to teeth.

"Actually it's not unrealistic to have weapons. I think Jade even said that the night before the demo mission, Achre had been seiged and because of that there were many guards around and people that had swords. Also it was very common during the Middle Age (and more in the middle of a crusade) that people equipped a dagger or a sword (you know, just in case). So I don't think it's very unrealistic but the contrary."

Well.... You COULD have read the other posts before posting that :P

trojanfoe
06-02-2007, 03:25 AM
I have to agree with you moqqy. I think it's even demonstrated in the video where Altair assassinates the target hanging the people - as Altair makes his attack (starts running) the target points to him and cries "Guards!" - and this is well before Altair is near him. The guards then attempt to defend the target, but Altair takes them out before killing the target.

It might just be something you have to put up with and can do nothing about. There has been talk here about the possible/hopeful use of alternative "costumes" so you can pretend to be someone else. It's all just conjecture, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are always dressed like this and that's life for you.

moqqy
06-02-2007, 03:58 AM
Yeah, but the costume wouldn't necessarily need to be changed, just hide your weapons. I mean, you could maybe carry all those weapons ( Except crossbow ) without the guards really noticing. Hide the long sword under your robe. The knives wouldn't need to be visible at your chest. This would add alot of immersion and the feel of realism and "being there".

But I think they won't do that cos it "looks fancy" when all the weapons are visible http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Oshikai
06-02-2007, 05:30 AM
I don't realy see what the what the problem is about him carrying his weapons. On the first trailor we saw he walks through the crowd but the guards spot him before he even gets near them. They must reconise him as some kind of Assassins anyway and thats where the crowds help.

So many people walking infront and around you that maybe only your head would be visible so your weapons and cloak would be fairly hard to see i guess, untill the last moment when you leave the crowds or rooftops when you are in full view where they can see you are fully kitted out with an weapons.

moqqy
06-02-2007, 06:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oshikai:
I don't realy see what the what the problem is about him carrying his weapons. On the first trailor we saw he walks through the crowd but the guards spot him before he even gets near them. They must reconise him as some kind of Assassins anyway and thats where the crowds help.

So many people walking infront and around you that maybe only your head would be visible so your weapons and cloak would be fairly hard to see i guess, untill the last moment when you leave the crowds or rooftops when you are in full view where they can see you are fully kitted out with an weapons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How would they only see your head :S

King32Gofather
06-02-2007, 06:16 AM
u hav to remember that it AC is set in 1191 that means medievil...sooo most people were carrying around weapons anyway and there weren't very many laws outlawing weapons in cities.

so perhaps it wasn't to rare to see a shady lookin character *(Like Altair) carrying around a weapon

but then again there was a high alert for assassins at the time so perhaps the guards, soldiers or targets would be gettin freaked out once we aproach them...

but u gotta think if ur in the middle of a jostling jeering crowd the guards are probably not gonna be able to spot u out right away all the time...and if u charge them full force it wont give them much time react anyway so there isnt a need to conceal ur weapons
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
thanx

Oshikai
06-02-2007, 06:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oshikai:

So many people walking infront and around you that maybe only your head would be visible so your weapons and cloak would be fairly hard to see i guess, untill the last moment when you leave the crowds or rooftops when you are in full view where they can see you are fully kitted out with an weapons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How would they only see your head :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because theres people around you so you are hidden in the crowd. Was it really that hard to understand??

moqqy
06-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Oshikai... Is it really that hard to understand that guards move along the crowd too? Is it really that hard to understand that you move elsewhere than in the crowd too?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

"u hav to remember that it AC is set in 1191 that means medievil...sooo most people were carrying around weapons anyway and there weren't very many laws outlawing weapons in cities.

so perhaps it wasn't to rare to see a shady lookin character *(Like Altair) carrying around a weapon

but then again there was a high alert for assassins at the time so perhaps the guards, soldiers or targets would be gettin freaked out once we aproach them...

but u gotta think if ur in the middle of a jostling jeering crowd the guards are probably not gonna be able to spot u out right away all the time...and if u charge them full force it wont give them much time react anyway so there isnt a need to conceal ur weapons "

Cmon king32, read the other posts =/
And the thing here is.. IF YOU CHARGE FULL FORCE..
And for the other stuff in your post.. Read the other posts.

----------------
EDIT:

How many of these people got swords?

http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=41560gx1.jpg

http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=41559mh9.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=41574sk1.jpg

--------------

From All known facts.

"Gameplay:

There will be changeable costumes."
LINK: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5701064934/p/1

Karl_93
06-02-2007, 11:41 AM
those are fake... dunno bout the first two, but since the third one is, those probably are too. If you notice the last one there seems to be 7 different Altairs. someone just put that in to make it seem like there would be other assassins helping you on the job. you can tell its all just pictures of Altairs because they are all wearing the exact same thing, and all have that belt around their waist. so if the third one's a fake, the rest probably are too.
and in answer to ure "how many of these people have swords..." not one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

moqqy
06-02-2007, 11:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Karl_93:
those are fake... dunno bout the first two, but since the third one is, those probably are too. If you notice the last one there seems to be 7 different Altairs. someone just put that in to make it seem like there would be other assassins helping you on the job. you can tell its all just pictures of Altairs because they are all wearing the exact same thing, and all have that belt around their waist. so if the third one's a fake, the rest probably are too.
and in answer to ure "how many of these people have swords..." not one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are fake? And indeed, no one carries sword, that's the point.

chewie1890
06-02-2007, 12:03 PM
I believe there is also a screenshot of a man attacking Altair with a dagger. I'll try and find it. Sure it's not full swords but that does demonstrate at least one person carrying a weapon.

I do agree about the gaurds noticing you if you're 'armed to the teeth' though.

moqqy
06-02-2007, 12:05 PM
I seen it chewie, actually I think there are two men. And I am absolutely not saying that no-one carries no weapons at all, just that it wasn't that usual.

chewie1890
06-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Oh I see what ya mean. My bad.

You can see it here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5701064934/p/2) anyways if you're interested.

moqqy
06-02-2007, 12:26 PM
About the pic btw, it looks really good. I mean it will be cool if some street gangs try to rob you, and the guards really notice it and come in there.

chewie1890
06-02-2007, 12:35 PM
I wonder if they would try and stop the fight, or start attacking you or start attacking the other guy for whatever reason.

moqqy
06-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah. And also I think the guards can only kill, not arrest anyone. It might not look very good that after the fighting stopped and no-one is fighting.. except the guards hitting the guys doing nothing.

Karl_93
06-02-2007, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How many of these people got swords?

http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=41560gx1.jpg

http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=41559mh9.jpg

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=41574sk1.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that last one is fake. read my above, 7 altairs

moqqy
06-02-2007, 12:54 PM
You said the other ones are fakes too? How? :S
And the last one isn't fake, it's just probably a test piece, and it shows the art work which is the idea, and they don't carry weapons there.

Karl_93
06-02-2007, 01:04 PM
not sure about the other ones. Why would they have a test piece with 7 Altairs lol?! Plus the source isn't reliable. If you look it says "host an image" "browse for image" ect. this means that anyone could use photoshop, and stick it on that page and declare it "original." Not sure about the first two thou they seem ok.

I doubt that they will stop to arrest you. If street gangs did try to rob you, the guards would help you against them unless you happen to be like wanted or something. It might also lead to questions about why you have weapons and how you got so skilled with them. I also hope they have a good comunicating system, for talking with people.

chewie1890
06-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Yeah. And also I think the guards can only kill, not arrest anyone. It might not look very good that after the fighting stopped and no-one is fighting.. except the guards hitting the guys doing nothing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I figured they could of attacked the guy 'doing nothing' because he might of instigated the fight. I just didn't mention arresting they very well could do that too...

moqqy
06-02-2007, 01:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Karl_93:
not sure about the other ones. Why would they have a test piece with 7 Altairs lol?! Plus the source isn't reliable. If you look it says "host an image" "browse for image" ect. this means that anyone could use photoshop, and stick it on that page and declare it "original." Not sure about the first two thou they seem ok.

I doubt that they will stop to arrest you. If street gangs did try to rob you, the guards would help you against them unless you happen to be like wanted or something. It might also lead to questions about why you have weapons and how you got so skilled with them. I also hope they have a good comunicating system, for talking with people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off. Official pictures. At least the two first ones, third was from the Facts thread.

The guards wouldn't ask why you carry a weapon or how you got skilled with them, why would they? As said before, carrying a weapon during crusades wasn't that special. And no-one would ask how you got so skilled with them. Hmm, training?

"I figured they could of attacked the guy 'doing nothing' because he might of instigated the fight. I just didn't mention arresting they very well could do that too..."
Yeah, but you played GTA? It looks stupid when the cops keep shooting when the criminals are in sucha positions that they certainly aren't a threat. I hope that won't happen in AC.

Karl_93
06-02-2007, 01:21 PM
lol so ure a profesional police and someone is getting mobbed in an alley, and you go to help them. as soon as you get the people off the guy, he starts doing kon-fu and rapeing everyones ***. 10 seconds later he's beaten up 5 people with minimal help from you. you would wonder how he got so good. Now add to that the fact that someone had just gotten murdered by a fighter earlier that same day. Wouldn't you be instantly suspicious of that person? thats the best modern day metaphor that i could come up with.

moqqy
06-02-2007, 01:25 PM
lol so ure a profesional police and someone is getting mobbed in an alley, and you go to help them. as soon as you get the people off the guy, he starts doing kon-fu and rapeing everyones ***. 10 seconds later he's beaten up 5 people with minimal help from you. you would wonder how he got so good. Now add to that the fact that someone had just gotten murdered by a fighter earlier that same day. Wouldn't you be instantly suspicious of that person? thats the best modern day metaphor that i could come up with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You didn't say anything about murder before. And also, no, the police wouldn't ask why you got so good, if not out of pure unprofessional interest.

EDIT: Also the third screen is from the X06 ingame video, so..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gOk5j-iGuTM

Karl_93
06-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Maybe you're right. I'm downloading it now and will get back to u once he gets to that part. Srry I didn't mention the murder, but with that added, they might ask you who you are, what your bussness is, ect.

moqqy
06-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Maybe you're right. I'm downloading it now and will get back to u once he gets to that part. Srry I didn't mention the murder, but with that added, they might ask you who you are, what your bussness is, ect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe that, but it's easy to counter. You are Altaejir a pilgrim who was trained to use weapons by his dad. The guards can't really question that, now can they?

Karl_93
06-02-2007, 01:42 PM
thats why I'm hoping for a smart talk system. What if your only choises are like "run" "I didn't do it" and "opps" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

EDIT: and watching the vid. I noticed that that picture was not incorporated into the trailer. In the trailer all he does is use his cool vision so you cant even see that clearly. I'll try to find a link to that other topic where we talked about this pic. oh ya and watching the trailer just stunned me into a realization on the grafics lol. Before i was immersed into the gameplay but now given a chance, i'm quite impressed with the level of detail.

moqqy
06-02-2007, 01:52 PM
thats why I'm hoping for a smart talk system. What if your only choises are like "run" "I didn't do it" and "opps" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

EDIT: and watching the vid. I noticed that that picture was not incorporated into the trailer. In the trailer all he does is use his cool vision so you cant even see that clearly. I'll try to find a link to that other topic where we talked about this pic. oh ya and watching the trailer just stunned me into a realization on the grafics lol. Before i was immersed into the gameplay but now given a chance, i'm quite impressed with the level of detail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the exact picture isn't in the trailer and it is probably edited, but you get the idea, no-one there had a weapon anyways. But why would you need those options? I mean, you can run away without having to say "run".

Rather, the talk system would be like

"Convince the guards otherwise"
"Admit what you did"
"Threathen the guards"

Like, not exact words, so they would fit into more situations, you get the idea

Karl_93
06-02-2007, 01:56 PM
ya thouse weren't real ideas lol. Thou still. i cant wait for future gens. Dude it would be amazing having a fully controllable guy, where you can say what you want, and the guards have like 100 different types of possible reactions. Thou thats gonna be like years in the future. well gotogo.

moqqy
06-03-2007, 02:15 PM
By the way, Jade says :
"Hidden dagger installed, and that is there because most of the assassinations have to be done within the crowd, in full view, and you can't be walking around with a bunch of obvious weapons if you're going to assassinate people"

So I think that means they're going to do something about the visible weapons.

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_qYDFALAug
time: 3:16-3:33

knife_X
06-03-2007, 02:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The assassinations will be public (we don't know of a stealth assassination yet, but I assume most of them will be public so there can be the cool escape sequence stuff), so you will need a sword to defend yourself if you'd get caught.

The robe is, I'd say, part of the assassin's guild thingie, y'know, ritual stuff. And you have to admit that it looks reeeaaally cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It looks good, yes. And the robe could be weared but not all the weapons. They're aiming for realism.

You have to defend yourself, yes, but if you wear them like that you would have to defend yourself BEFORE you kill the target.

If you get caught you're probably dead no matter if you got the sword or not, considering you're surrounded by many guards, and I'm sure switchblade can handle a few too. I mean, you can block and kill with the switchblade too. And you could leave the sword to a close alley or something, if it's possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you cant walk with a crossbow on your back a switchblade on your wrist and a shortsword on your waist? What are you the weakest person alive swords were not heavy! And you try to block a 60cm long blade with your 10cm long switchblade if it`s even 10cm! your just talking a lot of bull****!

moqqy
06-03-2007, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knife_X:

If you get caught you're probably dead no matter if you got the sword or not, considering you're surrounded by many guards, and I'm sure switchblade can handle a few too. I mean, you can block and kill with the switchblade too. And you could leave the sword to a close alley or something, if it's possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you cant walk with a crossbow on your back a switchblade on your wrist and a shortsword on your waist? What are you the weakest person alive swords were not heavy! And you try to block a 60cm long blade with your 10cm long switchblade if it`s even 10cm! your just talking a lot of bull****! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahaha. Again a person who can't read. Have fun in school

P.S incase someone else than he reads this, you could direct the sword elsewhere with the switchblade, not like forcefully block it.
And, swords were heavy infact. But I'm afraid he fails to read this too.

chewie1890
06-03-2007, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knife_X:
So you cant walk with a crossbow on your back a switchblade on your wrist and a shortsword on your waist? What are you the weakest person alive swords were not heavy! And you try to block a 60cm long blade with your 10cm long switchblade if it`s even 10cm! your just talking a lot of bull****! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He could probably do that but seeing as how Altair wears a longsword on his waist, a short sword on his back, a crossbow, bolts, throwing daggers, and all this on top of his robe, it could get quite heavy.

I'm not sure if you've ever wielded one of these swords before but they could be quite heavy.

knife_X
06-03-2007, 02:47 PM

He could probably do that but seeing as how Altair wears a longsword on his waist, a short sword on his back, a crossbow, bolts, throwing daggers, and all this on top of his robe, it could get quite heavy.

I'm not sure if you've ever wielded one of these swords before but they could be quite heavy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you... it`s not common for people nowadays to wield longswords! Well try it then come here on the forum and say that "it can be quite heavy" I havent tried so I dont know... basicly what your saying is that space traveling is cool... but I havent tryed it. Have can a sword be so heavy? People were supposed to use them for quite a long time that needed training yes but if they were so heavy who was gonna fight? The ones lying on the ground so tired cause he had to swing hes blade... not to talk about the people who used shields with a longsword they must have been practicly dead sinse their sword, shield and armor is so heavy! I agree a 2 swords sounds a little mutch he wont need it the throwing daggers seems for of a gimmick but to only use the switch blade must practicly be suicide look at the X06 video he got stopped what are you gonna do if that happens to you with only a switchblade... use the monks to dissapair dont think so he need a backup weapon!

And I dont know about you but the avg weight for a longsword is 1.45kg wow that is heavy!

The only heavy sword with is heavy must be the zweihander dunno how those weigh but they are big!

moqqy
06-03-2007, 02:51 PM

I'm not sure if you've ever wielded one of these swords before but they could be quite heavy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you... it`s not common for people nowadays to wield longswords! Well try it then come here on the forum and say that "it can be quite heavy" I havent tried so I dont know... basicly what your saying is that space traveling is cool... but I havent tryed it. Have can a sword be so heavy? People were supposed to use them for quite a long time that needed training yes but if they were so heavy who was gonna fight? The ones lying on the ground so tired cause he had to swing hes blade... not to talk about the people who used shields with a longsword they must have been practicly dead sinse their sword, shield and armor is so heavy! I agree a 2 swords sounds a little mutch he wont need it the throwing daggers seems for of a gimmick but to only use the switch blade must practicly be suicide look at the X06 video he got stopped what are you gonna do if that happens to you with only a switchblade... use the monks to dissapair dont think so he need a backup weapon!

And I dont know about you but the avg weight for a longsword is 1.45kg wow that is heavy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No-one talked about equipment being too heavy, except me when I cleared it up to someone.
Second, I have tried the medieval swords, and yes, they are heavy.

The rest of your argument I don't kinda get - you can use the equipment even tho if it is heavy..

chewie1890
06-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Hey, thanks for assumming that I haven't used a long sword! Let me say this, I have used one. There are many a mid-evil renaissances. I've been to a few and have used a few of the swords that they describe as being typical fighting swords.

A sword can be heavy because it's a long peice of steel with a heavy base. Training can obviously increase strength but still it can't be comfortable carrying it around all day.

The reason that soldiers who were fighting didn't get as exhausted is because their job was to be able to weild a sword properly, not even considering the adrenaline that battle gives you.

Altair is trained to be proficient in using a blade but he's trained even more to not get into a situation where he needs the sword. Running around and climbing buildings can be difficult if you're wearing 50 extra pounds of weapons(Exaggeration).

knife_X
06-03-2007, 03:05 PM
I still dont see they weight of the sword beeing any problem... I mean the robe probably weighs more... even the switchblade with all the mechanism up the sleeve! Fatigue is a problem you say... why it`s a game no one can climb like Altair is in this game anyway, the weight of a sword get balanced trough the hilt and continues along the blade some maybe had hevaier counterweights on the end of the hilt a good sword is said to not feel heavy in hand! There were some videos of a guy swinging a two handed longsword on contests and stuff and by god he could swing it quick and the motions he did it on were pre dertermind you dont just swing it wildely it will be awkawrd and death will follow!

moqqy
06-03-2007, 03:10 PM
I still dont see they weight of the sword beeing any problem... I mean the robe probably weighs more... even the switchblade with all the mechanism up the sleeve! Fatigue is a problem you say... why it`s a game no one can climb like Altair is in this game anyway, the weight of a sword get balanced trough the hilt and continues along the blade some maybe had hevaier counterweights on the end of the hilt a good sword is said to not feel heavy in hand! There were some videos of a guy swinging a two handed longsword on contests and stuff and by god he could swing it quick and the motions he did it on were pre dertermind you dont just swing it wildely it will be awkawrd and death will follow! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Robe heavier? Switchblade being heavier?

Err, NO

chewie1890
06-03-2007, 03:15 PM
I still dont see they weight of the sword beeing any problem... I mean the robe probably weighs more... even the switchblade with all the mechanism up the sleeve! Fatigue is a problem you say... why it`s a game no one can climb like Altair is in this game anyway, the weight of a sword get balanced trough the hilt and continues along the blade some maybe had hevaier counterweights on the end of the hilt a good sword is said to not feel heavy in hand! There were some videos of a guy swinging a two handed longsword on contests and stuff and by god he could swing it quick and the motions he did it on were pre dertermind you dont just swing it wildely it will be awkawrd and death will follow! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess if we're going with the 'it's a game it doesn't matter' mentality then it really doesn't matter.

knife_X
06-03-2007, 03:24 PM

I guess if we're going with the 'it's a game it doesn't matter' mentality then it really doesn't matter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No when all comes down to it it dosent matter lifes go on... but I still dont understand what your talking about, was the swords you used from the 13-15th century or new "life like copys" that you and your friend billybob use to play dungeons and dragons with in the basement? Unless you can prove to me in some magical way that 1-2kg is any heavier on a sword then on a stone then please do it...!

moqqy
06-03-2007, 03:35 PM

I guess if we're going with the 'it's a game it doesn't matter' mentality then it really doesn't matter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No when all comes down to it it dosent matter lifes go on... but I still dont understand what your talking about, was the swords you used from the 13-15th century or new "life like copys" that you and your friend billybob use to play dungeons and dragons with in the basement? Unless you can prove to me in some magical way that 1-2kg is any heavier on a sword then on a stone then please do it...! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif

chewie1890
06-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Wow knife, keep the personal attacks coming! I love having posts filled with attacks against myself.

As I said, the swords I used weren't owned personally by me so I'm not sure if they are originals or copies. Maybe I only thought it was heavy because I've never used a sword besides those few times. Or maybe i'm just plain weak. I'm not sure. All I know is that when I held it in my hand it wasn't very comfortable.

I'm also worried that we aren't talking about the same swords, but seeing as how I have no idea what type of sword it was I was holding I couldn't tell you. Also not knowing what type of sword Altair is using is a little problematic, or the ability of the person who made it.

Did a search and it said most swords in this age weighed roughly 2.5 pounds. Two swords at 2.5 pounds equate to 5 pounds alone. Not including the heavy wooden crossbow and bolts being carried on his cloaked back.

knife_X
06-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Wow knife, keep the personal attacks coming! I love having posts filled with attacks against myself.

As I said, the swords I used weren't owned personally by me so I'm not sure if they are originals or copies. Maybe I only thought it was heavy because I've never used a sword besides those few times. Or maybe i'm just plain weak. I'm not sure. All I know is that when I held it in my hand it wasn't very comfortable.

I'm also worried that we aren't talking about the same swords, but seeing as how I have no idea what type of sword it was I was holding I couldn't tell you. Also not knowing what type of sword Altair is using is a little problematic, or the ability of the person who made it.

Did a search and it said most swords in this age weighed roughly 2.5 pounds. Two swords at 2.5 pounds equate to 5 pounds alone. Not including the heavy wooden crossbow and bolts being carried on his cloaked back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you said a longsword and a shortsword...
2.5 lbs is a arming sword witch is smaller then a longsword and lighter a Arming sword is 36 inches long, a longsword witch is 48 inches long weighs 3 lbs see the weight difference isnt really that big but still enough to make the wielder use 2 hands on a longsword! So I am guessing that Altair didnt have 2 swords but one arming sword and a dagger!

3 lbs compared to 2.5 is not a mutch but enough to make the wilder use both hands, a zweihander witch is 7 lbs is a massive sword or more famuously called a claymore pherhaps you have tryed a claymore!

some daggers were quite long even 40cm to 70 cm a longsword is 120 cm and a arming sword is 91 cm so dont say that its to long to be a dagger!

moqqy
06-03-2007, 03:53 PM

Did a search and it said most swords in this age weighed roughly 2.5 pounds. Two swords at 2.5 pounds equate to 5 pounds alone. Not including the heavy wooden crossbow and bolts being carried on his cloaked back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Muslims were much better swordmakers than the Europeans at the time, so their swords probably weighted less too, tho.

chewie1890
06-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Like I said, could be simple error or strange coincidence on my end, I was going merely from memory of my own experiences with the swords.

knife_X
06-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Muslims were much better swordmakers than the Europeans at the time, so their swords probably weighted less too, tho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isnt this game based on the 13th century? Cause if they are european swords were some of the finest, muslim swords arent really that mutch heard off. Alltough the Dao was a good sort of broadsword! Saw it on Nationale geographic a european longsword was not inferior to any sword just dosent have all those fancy moves used in movies with the katana!

moqqy
06-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Like I said, could be simple error or strange coincidence on my end, I was going merely from memory of my own experiences with the swords. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ment the "What kind of sword Altair is using".. So if he uses muslim weapons it'll be lighter most probably

To knife : The game is based to year 1191 A.D. Back then the muslims made much better swords that were alot harder, one reason for this was that they thrusted the sword into a body of a slave. The europeans discovered this method later but they used a less cruel method, using the bodies of animals.

ElKvass
06-03-2007, 04:33 PM
I think Chewie is right on the weight of the weapons. Because Jade Raymond said in an interview (I don't remember wich one) that they tried to be as historically correct as possible, but some things they had to change a bit. For instance she said that some of Altair's sword moves are a bit unrealistic because in reality the swords were to heavy for them to perform such moves. I also saw a program on discovery channel about swords from that period and the Katanas were a lot lighter and easier to control than the european broad-swords but they are equally powerful.

VIGILANT_ONE
06-11-2007, 12:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElKvass:
I think Chewie is right on the weight of the weapons. Because Jade Raymond said in an interview (I don't remember wich one) that they tried to be as historically correct as possible, but some things they had to change a bit. For instance she said that some of Altair's sword moves are a bit unrealistic because in reality the swords were to heavy for them to perform such moves. I also saw a program on discovery channel about swords from that period and the Katanas were a lot lighter and easier to control than the european broad-swords but they are equally powerful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif well.. if things were too realistic what fun would that be ey? coz how altair fights most likely no one fought like that back then if it was that realistic they would be fighting like little children whacking things with a stick. What fun is that? it doesnt hurt anyone with spicing something up a bit?

Thumper1980
06-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Saracen swords were actually sturdier.
They had a better way of forging them then the Europeans.
After it came out off the hot coals they'd stab it through a servants stomach.
The Europeans copied it later but used pigs instead of people. Like someone mentioned up there.

I have the privilege of owning a few Saifs and a Falchion Sword.

I'm sort of baffled about Altair's sword. It's so European. I like the S curve hilt and the pattern that is consistent on all his blades though.

Katanas and European long swords are totally different.
Katanas are to handed weapons where as a long sword is one or one half. Katanas are clearly a better weapon the Hun invasion of Japan shows it.

The Huns had one handed long swords too,
most of them shattered when they fought the Samurai, the differential clay hardening and forging process of the Katana gives a super hard edge and softer steel to absorb impact behind the edge too.

Bagler
06-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Moqqy, you are a huge bum. I actually made this name for the sole purpose of calling you out for being an insufferable homo as well as an invalid doomed to an existence of being proven wrong. You lack any redeeming qualities and - as such - need to stick a gun in your McDonald's fattened mouth and pull the trigger. Stop sticking frozen hotdogs up your butt for the love of God! You're grossly uninformed, extremely abrasive, and -- most importantly --evince every facet of ineptitude, on a myriad of levels, that mankind suffers from.

Administrators, do what you will. My alias can die happy knowing I've brought the fist of justice down on this clueless little ****. Ta ta!

VIGILANT_ONE
06-18-2007, 12:35 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif uhhh... ok well ill restart the chatting...

i'm not sure if someone had already written this (cbf reading lol) but i think that you can customise where you place your weapons (except for the switchblade obviously) like that shortsword could go in the kinda quiver like thing on altairs back or next to the sword.

It'll be kool as it shows your sense of style. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

moqqy
06-18-2007, 12:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VIGILANT_ONE:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif uhhh... ok well ill restart the chatting...

i'm not sure if someone had already written this (cbf reading lol) but i think that you can customise where you place your weapons (except for the switchblade obviously) like that shortsword could go in the kinda quiver like thing on altairs back or next to the sword.

It'll be kool as it shows your sense of style. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? That would be a cool feature, but where did you see this?

And bagler nice post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

zgubilici
06-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Bagler: wrong thread, wrong forum, very wrong attitude and behaviour - your posting privileges are suspended for a month. If this kind of behaviour will be repeated upon your return, the suspension will be permanent.

borat1985
06-19-2007, 09:22 AM

Muslims were much better swordmakers than the Europeans at the time, so their swords probably weighted less too, tho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isnt this game based on the 13th century? Cause if they are european swords were some of the finest, muslim swords arent really that mutch heard off. Alltough the Dao was a good sort of broadsword! Saw it on Nationale geographic a european longsword was not inferior to any sword just dosent have all those fancy moves used in movies with the katana! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dao arent muslim sword they are chinese hav a look http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dao_%28sword%29

EliteAssassin45
06-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Who cares about all of that ****, the game, in my opinion, looks like one of the best games i will ever play. And ya there will probably be missions where u leave all of your **** behind

moqqy
06-20-2007, 02:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EliteAssassin45:
Who cares about all of that ****, the game, in my opinion, looks like one of the best games i will ever play. And ya there will probably be missions where u leave all of your **** behind </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so why did you post on this topic if you dont care?

spazzoo1025
06-28-2007, 04:56 PM
maybe there'll be a part where you're captured by some part of this conspiracy dealie, and you gotta make it out just using ur switchblade or summin, idk

hec85
06-30-2007, 12:31 PM
*How about using a person as a weapon. Pushing a person onto a guard. then using that as an advantage to either attack or run.
*using someone as a hostage did they mention that yet.
*I would to see weapon placement to be an option. maybe later in an update
*like hitman you cant walk to someone with a shotgun no matter what you are wearing so i feel this game should be the same. Walking to a target with a weapon in a no weapon zone would be obvious.
*I dont want to see a bow and arrow on him, every game has that. I think the crossbow is a great idea.
*taking weapons away would be a plus.
*using the pray as hostage and asking the guards to back off would be a new feature I don't think any game has done but every movie has.
*ohh you have a horse, maybe your horse could hold your weapons and you have to get to it, or you could call it over. with reasonable realism of course, by that i mean you can't just call it from across town.
*tripping someone to get away
*it would be hot if there is a stable and somehow you shoot something or break an object and the horses get out and create a stampede or you shoot the horse and runs toward the guards.
*Weapons dont have to made out of metal do they. i am sure as a long as it takes control of the situation it is considered a weapon. Jackie Chan does it all the time.