PDA

View Full Version : Longsword + Gun vs. Short Blade + Throwing Knives

xChupa
12-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Curious what you guys prefer for combat(for singleplayer, obviously). The longsword + the gun or the short blade + the throwing knives.

Ive used the longsword ever since AC1 but tried switching to the short blade and loved it in this game. The kill animations are more flashy and brutal and i like the throwing knives more than the gun, not to mention you can carry more knives than gun bullets and they are cheaper (i think). The speed is nice too.

SolidSnakeMat
12-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Too be honest I don't have a favorite between them. They both do their jobs very well.

ZumboPrime
12-30-2010, 01:36 AM
I prefer the longsword and gun. Just the feel of it.

I also find that I can't counterkill or block heavy weapons with the short blade, but can at least block with the longsword.

THE-GRIZZLEY
12-30-2010, 01:40 AM
I love my dagger and throwing knives.

Destroys.

ZCherub
12-30-2010, 07:43 AM
In VR training, the dagger & throwing knives for the reasons you mention (& when I run out of knives I switch to the long sword & gun mid-killstreak to keep the combo kills going as long as possible).

In the actual game, you rarely encounter a group of guards big enough to get a kill streak longer than 3 or 4, so it doesn't matter I usually use fists & disarms, or heavy weapons (axe or heavy sword) just for flash/brutality (throwing an axe as hard as you can into a guards face from 2 feet away is gratifying beyond words).

Ru1986
12-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Out of these i prefer the Longsword and Gun but overall the Heavy weapons are my favorites.

Inorganic9_2
12-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Anyone notice that Ezio uses the hidden blade in one of pistol/sword animations? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

notafanboy
12-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Anyone notice that Ezio uses the hidden blade in one of pistol/sword animations? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif there are 2 animations were Ezio uses his hidden blade with the sword .

Kanga_Ruu
12-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Anyone notice that Ezio uses the hidden blade in one of pistol/sword animations? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif there are 2 animations were Ezio uses his hidden blade with the sword . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive never seen this,
is there a specific way to do it or do you just do the normal pistol killstreaks?

Ureh
01-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Ruairs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Anyone notice that Ezio uses the hidden blade in one of pistol/sword animations? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif there are 2 animations were Ezio uses his hidden blade with the sword . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive never seen this,
is there a specific way to do it or do you just do the normal pistol killstreaks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just do it as if you're trying to perform a normal streak except instead of tapping the attack button, hold it down. Make sure you highlight your desired target before holding it down.

I think they should let us customize the weapon pairs. Sword/dagger, sword/hidden blade, dagger/gun, etc.

germanosz
01-02-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm not voting, but I use Dagger/Knives more often because the dagger is more aggressive and faster. Owns for kill streaks.
I use the longsword is when I get bored of the dagger's animations.
Then I go back to the dagger to remember its vicious animations, and it goes again...!