PDA

View Full Version : Skin installation problems

NoSystem
11-29-2004, 07:37 AM
I have downloaded and installed several privately-produced skins from a popular IL2 website. Some of them have worked OK, but some others do not show up as options in the advanced options page of the mission builder. I have checked, and the skin's graphics are where they belong in the respective plane's paintschemes/skins folder of the IL2 directory. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I may have done wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer.

NoSystem
11-29-2004, 07:37 AM
I have downloaded and installed several privately-produced skins from a popular IL2 website. Some of them have worked OK, but some others do not show up as options in the advanced options page of the mission builder. I have checked, and the skin's graphics are where they belong in the respective plane's paintschemes/skins folder of the IL2 directory. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I may have done wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer.

One13
11-29-2004, 11:20 AM
The main causes of skins not showing up is either the name is causing problems i.e. the two dots over a U in certain German words (umlate?) or the skin in not in the correct format. It needs to be size=1.00MB,dimensions= 1024x1024 pixels, 8 bit depth bitmap image.
Check the propeties of the image or rename it.
Hope this helps.