PDA

View Full Version : Is it Realistically possible for Desmond to have a direct Japanese ancestor

Radman500
04-22-2010, 05:52 PM
i mean is it realistically possible... i mean is it possible for Desmond to have Japanese in him, without looking like Japanese......

Radman500
04-22-2010, 05:52 PM
i mean is it realistically possible... i mean is it possible for Desmond to have Japanese in him, without looking like Japanese......

drfeelgood8849
04-22-2010, 08:01 PM
It's definitely possible. Lets say that Ezio has a child with a japanese woman and their son who is obviously half japanese and many other races (remember Altair was supposedly lebanese) could have a child with let's say a french person and that child has another child with someone from I dunno Hungary. The genes get diluted but they are still there.

swn32
04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Diluted exponentially to a point that there is no resemblance. I dunno how Altair, Ezio and Desmond look so much alike.

drfeelgood8849
04-22-2010, 09:50 PM
It's a video game that's how.

luamanu
04-23-2010, 02:29 AM
i think a japanese assassins wont mix with desmond, altair,ezio. maybe a french or english assassin in the other hand.

KZarr
04-23-2010, 03:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drfeelgood8849:
(remember Altair was supposedly lebanese) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
huh? where what how when?

EzioAssassin51
04-23-2010, 04:42 AM
I don't think so really.

I personally think if they're going to set it in Japan they should have the assassin (who isn't Japanese) start off in another close country or something and need to travel there to assassinate his enemy (who could be the emperor or something).

Therefore, you could have it set it Japan and still have a Desmond-looking ancestor

obliviondoll
04-23-2010, 05:47 AM
I had a quarter-Japanese girlfriend when I was in High School. She looked like a stereotypical white European, with blue eyes. The only Japanese looking feature is long straight black hair.

drfeelgood8849
04-23-2010, 06:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drfeelgood8849:
(remember Altair was supposedly lebanese) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
huh? where what how when? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't wanna get into this. There's a whole bunch of stuff with the dev diaries and junk involving altair's origins.

Climbmaster1
04-23-2010, 09:17 AM
I think that if you look at all the different assassins when you are putting up the seals it's pretty clear that there are many assassin stories. I'm not sure they all need to be related by blood. There are many different subjects being used when they escaped the lab. Desmond could help rescue another subject who has important information in them and you could do their memories instead of Desmond.

Meleth1977
04-23-2010, 10:03 AM
An AC game set in Japan would surely be very cool! It's perfect even, 17th century Japan with the ninjas and the samurai.

BodoFragins
04-23-2010, 11:53 AM
White Ninjas!

The plot of this game is already impossible, so even if this couldn't be done... they would do it anyway. But yes it is quite possible.

JohnConnor2012
04-23-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm sure if Ubi are sold on a ninja AC3, they'll find a way, however unlikely.

However, if the Codex originally came from the court of the Great Khan via Marco Polo (historical BS, of course), no reason why there shouldn't have been some sort of eastern branch of the Assassins cult that just, just about stretched to the shores of Japan.

itsamea-mario
04-24-2010, 03:30 AM
they just shouldnt have it in japan. @Climbmaster1 NO its desmonds story desmond goes in the animus, but i hope that AC3 will be just desmond in the modern day. (well 2012)

also another point about how altair, ezio and desmond all look a like even the lip scar. one reason ive heard and believe could have some validity, is that each of them is a sort of reincarnation of maybe adam, or that theyre the same, there specific genes repeat every so often in the generations, would explain they altair looks just like desmond 821 years later but giovanni looks nothing like ezio, and these 'special' descendants all have special destinies. they have or will all encounter pieces of eden and they all have a very important place. the lip scar could be just another one of these hereditery destinies.

ickbar1
04-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Desmonds descendent will never come anywhere being close to being Japanese if the father is especially non-japanese, asians in general follow heritage by patriachal lineage albeit even then any mixed race person may or may not be accepted in a near complete homogenous society of yayoi in Japan.

The only way I see it's going to work is if the mongolian assassin goes into Japan, mongolian interaction especially in the invasions of Japan are in the history books.

ickbar1
04-24-2010, 08:14 AM
either that or possibly the chinese assassin, if the person were asian and could pass as looking Japanese they can get away with it because someone who looks too different isn't going to get very far in ancient Japan without causing too much of a ruckus.

EDIT: I have admit I much prefer the mongol as the assassin, not only did they possess superior weaponry (recurve bow). Mongols were far more intelligent and cunning than the Samurai ever were.

Radman500
04-24-2010, 06:21 PM
now that i think about it..... it can be possible... ubisoft could make some weird story... but it could be realistically possible...... lets say this...

ezio and italian woman have kid......

italian kid moves to japan, has a kid with asian woman.... say they have a daughter..

the half-asian woman has a son with a full asian

then that child has a son with another full asian

the full asian then has another son with a full asian

the full asian son (the ancestor of desmond you play in assassins creed 3,)

the assassin ancestor of desmond.... travels back to italy marries italian woman

the half-asian, half-italian kid has a son with an italian woman

that son has a son with a italian person

that son then moves to britian and for a few generations have kids with english partners...

hence when it comes to desmond (not looking like japanese, but does have japanese in him)...

this is not confusing guys, it makes sense........ not really, but it is realistically possible