PDA

View Full Version : AssCreed2 Is Better.. But still Flawed.. heres how

roadhog95
01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Firstly I just finished the FIRST assassins creed game and was left feeling like i had been <span class="ev_code_RED">left short</span> . This is because

1. The controls were nutty. I was cursing like a sailor at this game more times than i can remember

2. The story wasnt cohesive, i kept waiting for it to reach a crescendo and pull together halfway through the game (like Batman Arkham Asylum).

3. I wont go on about the repetitive unnecceary ness of many of the objectives.

So here we are at assassins creed 2. A LOT has been improved and I must say this is really the game AC1 SHOULD have been. However:

1. Still have quite a bit of repetitiveness. Objectives should be for the sake of bringing the story along, not just give the user extra **** to do. It doesnt seem as BAD as in AC1.. but its still there

2. Controls are only slightly betters. The leap climbing is muddled. How are you gonna have the same button that lets you drop be the button that lets you grip in leap climbing? confusing..

3. The various enemy classes were a good addition but they dont really stand out. They all look the same to me .. I think it would have been good to somehow enumerate seekers from brutes etc.. It would help with changing your fighting style depending who you were up against.

4. Why the hell cant you sell anything? I have no reason to keep weaker armour and weapons after ive upgraded. The Weapon and Armour rack concepts seem pretty useless to me.

5. The loads of italian history are interesting but it makes the story as a whole somewhat confusing. I went from seeing Ezio's father and brothers slaughtered to now slaughtering a bunch of fat italiano dudes who Im really not sure have anything to do with my motivation.

6. The database info on the various italian structures seems unnecessary and out of scope for the game. I stopped looking at DB info on structures early on. They dont seem to have anything to do with the over all story (instead its more like a history lesson)

There is more but i think i'll stop for now. Anyone else want to chime in?

cheers-
-crim

I'll keep it short

roadhog95
01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Firstly I just finished the FIRST assassins creed game and was left feeling like i had been <span class="ev_code_RED">left short</span> . This is because

1. The controls were nutty. I was cursing like a sailor at this game more times than i can remember

2. The story wasnt cohesive, i kept waiting for it to reach a crescendo and pull together halfway through the game (like Batman Arkham Asylum).

3. I wont go on about the repetitive unnecceary ness of many of the objectives.

So here we are at assassins creed 2. A LOT has been improved and I must say this is really the game AC1 SHOULD have been. However:

1. Still have quite a bit of repetitiveness. Objectives should be for the sake of bringing the story along, not just give the user extra **** to do. It doesnt seem as BAD as in AC1.. but its still there

2. Controls are only slightly betters. The leap climbing is muddled. How are you gonna have the same button that lets you drop be the button that lets you grip in leap climbing? confusing..

3. The various enemy classes were a good addition but they dont really stand out. They all look the same to me .. I think it would have been good to somehow enumerate seekers from brutes etc.. It would help with changing your fighting style depending who you were up against.

4. Why the hell cant you sell anything? I have no reason to keep weaker armour and weapons after ive upgraded. The Weapon and Armour rack concepts seem pretty useless to me.

5. The loads of italian history are interesting but it makes the story as a whole somewhat confusing. I went from seeing Ezio's father and brothers slaughtered to now slaughtering a bunch of fat italiano dudes who Im really not sure have anything to do with my motivation.

6. The database info on the various italian structures seems unnecessary and out of scope for the game. I stopped looking at DB info on structures early on. They dont seem to have anything to do with the over all story (instead its more like a history lesson)

There is more but i think i'll stop for now. Anyone else want to chime in?

cheers-
-crim

I'll keep it short

MrNussbaum
01-02-2010, 06:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roadhog95:

<span class="ev_code_RED">You seriously found the climb jump confusing? Maybe you should stick to PacMan, that game just has a joystick, no buttons.</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">What would be the point? More money? You already have way too much money after the playthrough.</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">If you would have followed the story you would have found out that the "fat italiano dudes" were in league with Umberto Alberti, who betrayed and hung your family...would you rather the game just ended after you killed him?</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">To each their own but I found the database to be interesting and informative and I would have liked a similar feature in the first game, but I think that having this series incorporated with real life events, places, and people is what makes it unique and enjoyable. You should have known from playing the first that it would be based on history quite a bit. </span>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

abarth-EOL
01-02-2010, 07:02 PM
I recommend you to play games like Gears of War, Killzone or Modern Warfare 2, where the only thing you need is to know how the enemy is dressed and shoot them down.

Seriously, what do you find repetitive? I find MW2 repetitive or any FPS where the only f***ing thing you do in the whole game is kill and kill. AC2 cannot be more variate than it is, it's just almost impossible.

When you complain about the story it's just that or you don't understand it or rather you don't want to. I mean, it's impossible to miss what are Ezio's reasons to kill every templar he discovers.

The database is great, if you don't like history, just don't look it.

With everything you said, specially these last two things you show that you're not made to play AC saga. You are looking for a videogame, and AC saga is an experience. People like you are the ones who are always complaining.

alorne
01-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Did you make an account here just to point out what you diden't like about the game?

the amolang
01-02-2010, 07:28 PM
2. There are no problems with the controls, I don't know how they could be changed, you just got to get used to them. I personally have no problems with the controls.

4. The reason you keep it is for the achievement. and you don't need more money anyways, I currently have over 300,000 and I still haven't finished the game (I like taking it slow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

5.Not for me, it was pretty clear how they were all linked. You just have to listen closely, otherwise you may miss an important part during the cutscenes.

6. I LOVE the database (I guess its cause I love history), I constantly use it to look up info on the buildings and on people.

senile old coot
01-02-2010, 08:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by roadhog95:

3. The various enemy classes were a good addition but they dont really stand out. They all look the same to me ..

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'll just home in on this part of your post considering that i agree with every response to your comments lol.

i struggle to comprehend how a brute could ever possibly be mistaken for an agile or vice versa. its like saying Mike Tyson looks like Ben Stiller. seekers are pretty easily identified due to the spears n the sexier upper body armour. would you like a new enemy class to be introduced in a DLC that has big purple n green tentacles n 16 limbs?

Jack-Reacher
01-03-2010, 02:48 AM
Yeah the guards were done well, i liked having to change my fighting style depending on what guard i was facing

itsamea-mario
01-03-2010, 03:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Al_Mualims_Nan:

...would you like a new enemy class to be introduced in a DLC that has big purple n green tentacles n 16 limbs?... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES! lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

senile old coot
01-03-2010, 04:07 AM
LOL

Stormpen
01-03-2010, 04:17 AM
I think you guys've scared roadhog95 away. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I agree with all your responses tho. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

AMuppetMatt
01-03-2010, 08:53 AM
When I read the thread topic, I swore to myself that I wouldn't turn into little fan boy over it, cause I'm not like that, but the reasons you've given that it's no good are just... well, funny. I'm not gonna repeat what people above me have said, cause they've said pretty much exactly what needed to be said... but I'll just have a little bit of my own input (yay!)...

1. Controls nutty: Not really, they're easy, after 1 hour of playing the AC game for the first time I was almost as good as my mate who was nearly finished, it was actually straight forward once I got the hang of it.

2. Story: It's a mystery, It's supposed to be confusing and disjointed... it's supposed to do something that I know some people find very scary to do... THINK

3. Repetitive: AC1 was the most repetitive thing ever... I'll give you that one

AC2

1. No where near as repetitive... I wasn't finding myself bored of doing the same thing again and again!!!

2. Controls: Again, a Kangaroo could deal with these controls, it's no more confusing than the WASD approach to any Call of Duty game on computer, you just have to get used to it that's all

3. Classes stand out very clearly... unless you want them to be carrying signposts saying what they are...

4. I agree with you on the selling, but it's not like the world will implode...

5. Again, you have to think dear to figure out what's going on, that and you have to LISTEN, I know it's hard, but you can do it if you concentrate and put your mind to it

6. Don't read it, but I found it interesting and added some colourful background information.

No game can be perfect, there are going tp be errors, but your example there is a pretty weak one against it tbh :/

roadhog95
01-03-2010, 11:42 AM
A lot of you blokes are taking what I said out of context. I am not "knocking" assassins creed. Im expressing my opinions (which I feel are grounded in viable experience seeing as I have just come off playing Metal Gear Solid 4 and Batman Arkham Asylum) which prevent AC2 from being a "masterpiece".

The Assassins creed concept is STELLAR. I just feel it is poorly implemented in many ways. Does this make it a bad game? No.. does it make it a game that leaves a lot to be desired? Hell yes.

1. Controls for any game that aims to balance between experience and challenge should be intuitive. Its not even an argument. The less time you spend with any sort of learning curve, the more time you can spend getting "sucked into the game"

2. Assassins Creed in general is a very new franchise. Ive also played the Siphon Filter and God of War games which I feel got better over time. In my first post, I stated AC2 is the game AC1 SHOULD have been.

3. Whichever of you said something about My not liking games that force me to "think" is smoking crack and never played metal gear solid. I wont say anymore about this. It isnt meant to be a flame thread.

Im primarily expressing these views in the hope that ubisoft developers might take some of this to heart and find a happy middle ground for AC3 that makes it a phenominal game. Again I enjoy the game but it needs to be implemented better. This is a contructive criticism thread.

So again, I ask.. would anyone care to chime in on what could make the game better? Or even some playing strategies that might help the players of this current game?

Lets keep it civil folks.
cheers
-crim.

senile old coot
01-03-2010, 12:14 PM
in regards to controls (and most of your other criticisms really), i'm curious to know exactly how you would like them to be, as you've provided us with a criticism with little evidence (in reference to the leap climbing thing, which i'd also like more detail regarding how that inconveniences you. i'd call it a nitpick but where is the nit there?)and no suggestions as to how it should be improved.

lol ''keep it civil''? telling someone they're smoking crack in response to their opinion is as civil as my mother after i've knocked over one of her mantelpiece ornaments again (not that civil really).

Realjambo
01-03-2010, 12:38 PM
This really belongs in this thread: AC2 Wishlist (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4581016208) so I'm closing this one.

@ roadhog95 - Please remember the Ubisoft forums are 'E' rated, which mean my children should be able to come on here - You'll see I have edited your opening line.