PDA

View Full Version : "Assassins Creed Marathon" Our Positivity Campaign.

Assassin_M
12-22-2011, 08:01 AM
In an effort to bring some positive mood to the extremely negative environment here, I`v decided to suggest an Assassins Creed Marathon.
This Marathon is mainly a refresher of love for AC, and as perhaps, preparation for AC III and to better understand the Story and appreciate it..

So, This Marathon can be as long as any participant likes, only one condition:
A participant must play EVERY AC game he/she has in Chronological order.
and after doing so, Participants should reflect on their Marathon Experience here..
Ok so who`s first ?

value_zero
12-22-2011, 08:02 AM
I feel.....heartbroken

luckyto
12-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Good idea, though I'm afraid you may not achieve the intended effect. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But I'll say something positive about each one.

Original Assassin's Creed: Large, gorgeous and immersive maps. Pickpocketing and combat rocks.
AC2: Fantastic story and presentation + economy system for RPG-like elements.
ACB: Chain-kills and very diverse NPC populace.
ACR: Stalkers.

Merry Christmas!

Serrachio
12-22-2011, 08:39 AM
I don't see why the negativity is a bad thing, considering most people are explaining why they feel disappointed.

Just because it's Assassin's Creed does not mean that we have to kiss Ubisoft's butt.

I'm not saying that to be mean to you Assassin M, but it seems a little silly that people have to try and rally others up and exaggerate that they love the game, when by comparison to its previous installments, it falls short.

If Ubisoft haven't impressed us, and failed to deliver on their promises, we have the right to our opinions if they can get them into gear.

After all, I doubt I will truly appreciate any SP DLC for Revelations unless it fills the lacking portions of the game, and properly extends its life.

I hope it places in a huge chunk of content that will keep me challenged before Sequence 6-7, complete with multiple side missions and random events.

lukaszep
12-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Lol the irony. Something meant to be positive is being criticized for being positive.
Assassin M isn't saying we shouldn't express how we feel about a game, or criticize it. I agree, it's about time though, as well as discussing the franchises flaws, we gain perspective of the whole series so far and appreciate it, so we can discuss the reasons we love the series as well. Is there anything wrong with that?

Well i'm doing it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Serrachio
12-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by lukaszep:
Lol the irony. Something meant to be positive is being criticized for being positive.
Assassin M isn't saying we shouldn't express how we feel about a game, or criticize it. I agree, it's about time though, as well as discussing the franchises flaws, we gain perspective of the whole series so far and appreciate it, so we can discuss the reasons we love the series as well. Is there anything wrong with that?

Well i'm doing it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I don't mind the positivity, I just don't get the attitude that people have to be positive just because other people are being negative.

Optimism where it isn't needed won't get problems fixed.

luckyto
12-22-2011, 09:11 AM
True that.

still, some days and threads can and should be for giving props when props are due. Positivity can lead to positive change as well.

AdmiralPerry
12-22-2011, 10:12 AM
I would do this, but I'm a geek who has just about all the games with Assassin's Creed in the name, and that would take some time. That, and I'm not done with Revelations. Maybe a few months from now.

And I think it's good a thread like this was made, simply because it's easy to drown in the negativity. We need some positivity to keep things balanced. Good for the humors, you know. It seems like it's really easy to be pessimistic, but harder to be positive and optimistic.

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by luckyto:
True that.

still, some days and threads can and should be for giving props when props are due. Positivity can lead to positive change as well.

It's like criticisms went viral around here was my problem with it.
Sure some is fine, but geeez, it got into the most nit-picky stuff that just didn't even matter.
That's when it started wearing on my last nerve.
When the board is chronic moaning, it turns into a downer for me.
I saw one poster complain about just the possibility that Ubi might screw something up - that's when it's overboard.

What's ironic is how many people promote complaining & criticizing until they're the ones in the receiving line. *(Not saying that of Serrach. at all)

There are good & bad ways to criticize and unfortunately, I've seen alot of bad ways - I respect Ubi & all they've done. Even if I disliked ACR, I wouldn't be as criticial of it as a few.

But I do feel for the people who have experienced the game breaking bug/glitches. That isn't pretty.

It seems like it's really easy to be pessimistic, but harder to be positive and optimistic.

I believe that's a fact. It's really easy to get caught up in it. I'm more that way w/ Politics than my hobbies/games

SolidSage
12-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
I don't see why the negativity is a bad thing, considering most people are explaining why they feel disappointed.

Just because it's Assassin's Creed does not mean that we have to kiss Ubisoft's butt.

I'm not saying that to be mean to you Assassin M, but it seems a little silly that people have to try and rally others up and exaggerate that they love the game, when by comparison to its previous installments, it falls short.

If Ubisoft haven't impressed us, and failed to deliver on their promises, we have the right to our opinions if they can get them into gear.

After all, I doubt I will truly appreciate any SP DLC for Revelations unless it fills the lacking portions of the game, and properly extends its life.

I hope it places in a huge chunk of content that will keep me challenged before Sequence 6-7, complete with multiple side missions and random events.

Sarrachio, the point is not whether some of us are kissing Ubi butt or not. it's that we are a forum who spend time debating AC. Many of us were here before ACR. Positive communication about the SERIES we all appreciate is what the OP is going for, not more "Occupy Ubi" or whatever trend it is that the protester type members seem to be championing this week.
Why is it every time someone has something nice to say, there are ten people who want to jump their shiz and turn it into a debate about evil corporations and their greed? Who cares so much that we have to have the SAME commentary over and over in every thread. Isn't putting it in a signature enough? A signature by the way, that people only see because the signature haver is constantly posting on an UBI forum that they are PROUD member of.

It's like buying an American flag just so you can burn it. Hey if you want to waste your money (or time in this case) fighting the EVIL go ahead, but don't try to suck everyone else in to your personal quest, not everyone shares your opinion on it.

I'm not saying YOU specifically are an Ubi hater, I'm just generalizing in regards to what you said above about negativity being necessary or whatever.

Assassin_M
12-22-2011, 10:50 AM
This thread is not meant to be any kind of enforcement whatsoever, AC has provided us with a Great Experience, Im merely suggesting we appreciate the games, I did not intend to kiss Ubi`s butt, I have complaints and hopes too, yet that doesnt stop me from appreciating what emotions and experience the AC games have provided.

luckyto
12-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luckyto:
True that.

Sure some is fine, but geeez, it got into the most nit-picky stuff that just didn't even matter.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Serrachio, and everyone else, has a right to complain. There is reason to complain. What is 'nitpicky' to you is a BIG DEAL to somebody else. I will never take away people's right to criticize a game; and consumers are a lot better off for voicing their opinions; and a lot of threads need both sides. I know I share in the belief that the franchise is headed in the wrong direction.

BUT ... I totally respect that there must be balance. That I should respect the OP's intentions. And that some threads should focus more on the positive.

Developers did a lot of things right in Revelations. They should be praised. And it is Christmas....

Assassin_M
12-22-2011, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luckyto:
True that.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Serrachio, and everyone else, has a right to complain. There is reason to complain. What is 'nitpicky' to you is a BIG DEAL to somebody else. I will never take away people's right to criticize a game; and consumers are a lot better off for voicing their opinions; and a lot of threads need both sides. I know I share in the belief that the franchise is headed in the wrong direction.

BUT ... I totally respect that there must be balance. That I should respect the OP's intentions. And that some threads should focus more on the positive.

Developers did a lot of things right in Revelations. They should be praised. And it is Christmas.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This here is a Good man/woman/boy/girl, with a good post, Thank you..

Serrachio
12-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

Sarrachio, the point is not whether some of us are kissing Ubi butt or not. it's that we are a forum who spend time debating AC. Many of us were here before ACR. Positive communication about the SERIES we all appreciate is what the OP is going for, not more "Occupy Ubi" or whatever trend it is that the protester type members seem to be championing this week.
Why is it every time someone has something nice to say, there are ten people who want to jump their shiz and turn it into a debate about evil corporations and their greed? Who cares so much that we have to have the SAME commentary over and over in every thread. Isn't putting it in a signature enough? A signature by the way, that people only see because the signature haver is constantly posting on an UBI forum that they are PROUD member of.

It's like buying an American flag just so you can burn it. Hey if you want to waste your money (or time in this case) fighting the EVIL go ahead, but don't try to suck everyone else in to your personal quest, not everyone shares your opinion on it.

I'm not saying YOU specifically are an Ubi hater, I'm just generalizing in regards to what you said above about negativity being necessary or whatever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't mind the positivity, I did mention that before.

I just didn't want people to be positive just to "drown out the negative".

Criticism is only one edge to a double-sided blade, with the other edge being praise.

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Serrachio, and everyone else, has a right to complain. There is reason to complain. What is 'nitpicky' to you is a BIG DEAL to somebody else. I will never take away people's right to criticize a game;

Just to add,

I don't think the issue is about having a Right - nobody challenged anyone's rights or tried to take them away.

Both sides have rights & both are exercising them.

I don't mind the positivity, I did mention that before.

Criticism is only one edge to a double-sided blade, with the other edge being praise.

Ya I totally get that, but as I saw it, it was completely the other way around where some wanted to bring Positives in and got attacked for it.

Serrachio
12-22-2011, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't mind the positivity, I did mention that before.

Ya I totally get that, but as I saw it, it was completely the other way around where some wanted to bring Positives in and got attacked for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I am sorry if I came across as harsh, it wasn't really my intention. What I wanted to express is that if positives were going to be added, then I wanted them to have some depth to them, like how constructive some of the negative points are.

Edit: Little quote box malfunction. Fixed it now.

luckyto
12-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Sweet. That's settled.

Now, time to come up with something positive... your favorite moments in the history of AC Creed or thoughts on a marathon:

I love Malik. Sophie is my favorite love interest.

Assassin_M
12-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:

Well, I am sorry if I came across as harsh, it wasn't really my intention. What I wanted to express is that if positives were going to be added, then I wanted them to have some depth to them, like how constructive some of the negative points are.
Some of the negatives werent so constructive, mind you

luckyto
12-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Well, just don't highlight the parts you didn't care for. Praise what you love, and be silent on the negative. The best parts will stand out. The absence of some things will be critique enough. For this thread....

Serrachio
12-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Since that issue has been cleared up, I look forward to seeing everyone's positives. I will be replaying ACR's story if I can, but that depends if I can get on the Xbox this Christmas holiday.

naran6142
12-22-2011, 01:07 PM
good idea M

im goin to start AC1 tonight, might be awhile before i finish them all

but ill report back when im done http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SolidSage
12-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Yeah, Sofia is definately the hottie in the entire deal for me, might be something ti do with the upstairs features. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif Sorry bout that.

Jerusalem and Acre still stand out as the best atmospheric conditions for me, for some reason, seeing J from the hill, then getting in there with the music and dust and stuff....just makes me feel all 'Holy Land Religious' like.

I think execution animations peaked in ACB. ACR combat approach is actually more enticing though.

Zip lines http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Bombs http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

The Kingdom from AC1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

AC1 flag races, oh how I miss them.

Flipping off a horse onto a beam was pimptastic.

Oh, the Tombs, brilliant, must stay feature.

The ACR cut scenes while playing, Ezio tripping, stumbling, rolling and then back into the chase, or the scaffolding falling into the river below as you jump for the handhold? Too cool.

But, the most Boss for me, is probably the old skool Templar Knights from 1. Those fools don't play yo. I miss getting my ayerse kicked by em. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

MaKaVeLiTL
12-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I'll snap my AC1 disc so I'm not forced to play it then I'm in.

luckyto
12-22-2011, 02:09 PM
You miss the AC1 flag races? Really? Cool. I never thought much about them. I'm not crazy about those types of challenges in any game ... at least until I get it right. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But cool, the world's diversity is an awesome thing.

You know, I love the sound and the soft Animus glitch effect when you picked up a flag in AC1.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Sweet. That's settled.

Now, time to come up with something positive... your favorite moments in the history of AC Creed or thoughts on a marathon:

I love Malik. Sophie is my favorite love interest.
I'd have said Cristina but if she didn't die then Ezio would have probably stopped being an assassin long before ACR.

SolidSage
12-22-2011, 02:14 PM
@Lucky
You're right, the entire Animus interface, the DNA strand, how it loads you in all Matrixy like...brilliant.

rileypoole1234
12-22-2011, 02:28 PM
I was actually planning on doing this at some point. I shall start NOW!... No....... NOW! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Assassin_M
12-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Im loving the Excitement http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Hope everyone has a good time.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 02:42 PM
So how am I going to work this? I'm into sequence 6 in ACB . . do I have to put ACII in instead and then when I'm done, just start in Seq. 6 of ACB after?

Assassin_M
12-22-2011, 02:48 PM
So how am I going to work this? I'm into sequence 6 in ACB . . do I have to put ACII in instead and then when I'm done, just start in Seq. 6 of ACB after?
ALL OVER AGAIN
Start AC II from the beginning, and after that restart ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

lukaszep
12-22-2011, 03:20 PM
So far, i've noticed how different the pacing is. AC1, is so calm. The cities are eerie, and then all of a sudden, you get into a fight or you assassinate a target, and it really contrasts, in a good way.
Some parts of the cities (mainly the poorer parts, I've noticed) are more difficult to traverse, so you have to think about your approach more. But stealth seems to be less of a challenge, there are far less guards. But i seem to remember there being more and more as the game progresses right? Looking forward to that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
ALL OVER AGAIN
Start AC II from the beginning, and after that restart ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Assassin_M
12-22-2011, 03:31 PM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I feel so evil right now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

itsamea-mario
12-22-2011, 04:20 PM
How dare people have opinions that differ from what you feel, something must be done.

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 04:23 PM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I feel so evil right now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
You are.

Now . . back to the reason I'm here -

ACII - Nightcap. Looks like Ezio starts 2 AC's off with some sugar LOL
I hadn't clicked the buttons on prompt before in her room.
Oh my
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Father just showed up, gotta fly

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 04:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

I feel so evil right now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
You are (and I will remember this).

Now . . back to the reason I'm here -

ACII - Nightcap. Looks like Ezio starts 2 AC's off with some sugar LOL
I hadn't clicked the buttons on prompt before in her room.
Oh my
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Father just showed up, gotta fly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lukaszep
12-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
How dare people have opinions that differ from what you feel, something must be done.

Um..what are you talking about?

itsamea-mario
12-22-2011, 05:00 PM
He's complaining about negativity, but general people don't say things for no reason at all, negative comments and opinions have basis. Criticisms are vital for future developement also.

lukaszep
12-22-2011, 05:03 PM
No one ever said that.

UrDeviant1
12-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Try not to be butthurt about negativity and criticism. Good things will come of it.

SweetsMachineGun
12-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Sounds fun. I think I may stream my replays. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

SolidSage
12-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
Try not to be butthurt about negativity and criticism. Good things will come of it.

Try not to be butthurt 'during' your criticism. And does it have to be negative? You can't make criticism's positively?

Assassin_M
12-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UrDeviant1:

Try not to be butthurt 'during' your criticism. And does it have to be negative? You can't make criticism's positively? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Like I said before, I have nothing against criticism and/or Negativity.This is just a Positivity Thread, whats your Problem ?
And Thanks for your Interference, SolidSage..

GLHS
12-23-2011, 04:14 AM
People take so much out of context. Anyway, I already had this idea a while ago, and started AC1 again. I've done this before, but this time, I can now include AC:R, and I'm gonna watch Lineage and Embers to complete everything.

Assassin_M
12-23-2011, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by GLHS:
People take so much out of context. Anyway, I already had this idea a while ago, and started AC1 again. I've done this before, but this time, I can now include AC:R, and I'm gonna watch Lineage and Embers to complete everything.
Alright http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
That`d be the full experience..

ProdiGurl
12-23-2011, 09:43 AM
So I just got to the Villa now -
I noticed one thing about the beginning of ACII and I remember in people's ACR reviews that they said ACR starts out slow...
well ACII starts out even slower imo with a whole lot of basic tasks to do.

I think it's good that they try to teach us the new stuff that way.
Just thought I'd mention that I see little difference w/ a slower beginning in the 2 games.

Assassin_M
12-23-2011, 09:48 AM
So I just got to the Villa now -
I noticed one thing about the beginning of ACII and I remember in people's ACR reviews that they said ACR starts out slow...
well ACII starts out even slower imo with a whole lot of basic tasks to do.

I think it's good that they try to teach us the new stuff that way.
Just thought I'd mention that I see little difference w/ a slower beginning in the 2 games.
Indeed, This is why I wanted people to play the games all over again, just to see how far the series has come.
If they still stick to ACR being a disappointment then fine..

KH_Austin
12-23-2011, 06:20 PM
@ Assassin_ M:

You know, I think you're cool, lol. When I see you reply to someone or posting threads, You know what to say or do. When I see your name pop up, and I think you as 16 in a way ( not insane 16, but super genius 16).

Dagio12
12-23-2011, 10:10 PM
I actually started this marathon a couple weeks ago. Almost done with AC1. good idea sir.

Assassin_M
12-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by SF2themax:
I actually started this marathon a couple weeks ago. Almost done with AC1. good idea sir.
Great ,good sir http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
I wish you the best of luck and, if you dont mind, please share your thoughts with us from time to time during your Marathon http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

@KH_Austin
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif Awww, shucks. Thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

De Filosoof
12-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Started playing AC1 again today! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
The gameplay is pretty "stiff" if you compare it to later AC's but i just LOVE the atmosphere of the game. Feels almost kinda nostalgic playing it again haha. It's pretty weird because the game is only 4 years old... I think it's because we've already had 4 AC games.

KH_Austin
12-24-2011, 08:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:
Great ,good sir http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
I wish you the best of luck and, if you dont mind, please share your thoughts with us from time to time during your Marathon http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

@KH_Austin
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif Awww, shucks. Thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, you're welcome!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

By the way, Merry Christmas to you and to everybody here!

I think I'll start to replay all of them over again, so I can never forget Altair, Ezio, Desmond, Lucy, Shaun, 'Becca, William, and finally, 16 himself. They're Awesome!

Assassin_M
12-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by KH_Austin:

Lol, you're welcome!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

By the way, Merry Christmas to you and to everybody here!

I think I'll start to replay all of them over again, so I can never forget Altair, Ezio, Desmond, Lucy, Shaun, 'Becca, William, and finally, 16 himself. They're Awesome!
Merry Christmas to you too, and to all my Christian Brothers and Sisters, and a happy new year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

luckyto
01-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Prodigurl, starting with AC2 doesn't exactly fit the bill. You have to start with the original. You can buy it for like $12 these days and beat it in about 7 hours.

I need to get started myself...

whizzy
01-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Always in for a positivity campaign however my problem is that i just discovered this great game (got AC2 with xmas) so although i would glgadly run this marathon i can't right now. Have to find the first installment (which somehow is not available for "offline" sale in my town) and although i "downloaded an extended demo" (read cracked game) of the first I hope to find it soon for my xBox, of course then also brotherhood and revelations need to be acquired before i can start this game marathon.
I do hope though that they will find a fix for this UPlay bug that is bugging me (unable to enter uplay from within AC2 for some reason, seems to happen to more people)

Good luck with your positive campaign

p.s before i get all kinds of flaming about me "extended demo", I use this method to determine if my system can handle a game, after a few levels i uninstall it again. I do this because official demo's do not represent the final product and I have seen it happen that i can run a demo, invest 60 bucks for the game and discover that the game CAN'T run on my system

Assassin_M
01-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Wow This has come a loooooooong way...
I really missed this place, although im not really digging the new scheme and overhaul.. its too bland and actually removed alot of stuff..

rileypoole1234
01-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Wow This has come a loooooooong way...
I really missed this place, although im not really digging the new scheme and overhaul.. its too bland and actually removed alot of stuff..

Agreed. To But to me it doesn't seem too bland, it's almost too busy. Hard to see the buttons and things. A little confusing

lukaszep
01-13-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm confused by the order of the threads on the main page, seems like active topics are randomly placed on the page, rather than being at the top. Or i don't understand it. (Quick reply is good :) )

I'm on AC2 at the moment, nearly at Venice. AC1 and AC2's story keep you guessing what's going to happen next, and looking forward to learning about new people, and developments within the Templar order etc. Whereas AC:R, you kinda already know where the story is taking you? I mean, you're basically told what you're going to do in the game, at the very beginning. I guess the book missions disrupt the flow and tension of the story in AC:R.
Anyway back to AC2, cities aren't as amazing as i remember. Still amazing, of course but Constantinople is definitely in the same league.

Locopells
01-14-2012, 02:14 AM
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I did it while waiting for ACR, then my new copy of ACR, finishing up with Embers. Have to say it's fun following Ezio from birth to death, though bitter-sweet when you get to the very end, knowing it's all done. Same for when you find Altair in the library (major OMG moment the first time, same for watching The First Civilisation go to hell). Helps to have read a summary of the PSP games, as well as the Altair book (also the Codex in AC2).

Overall the games have clearly got shorter, but no less detailed, and still great fun with some uttlerly INSANE moments (gliding behind a cart anyone!) that make great opening, closing and occasional change up, sections.

Length not a problem, rather that then quality, beside that's fine for what is basicly AC2.1 and AC2.2. AC3 might be a problem if they want to do something equal to AC2 before December, probably AC4 will be the first to challenge it, once the time constraints are off (but we're miles from that yet).

To finish though, I'd say the games have, and I can only hope they continue to, get better, most of the complaints about gameplay are largely down to how you play them.

Long live Assassin's Creed! Rebuttal anyone?

Voltige2011
01-15-2012, 11:16 PM
If nobody has said it yet, some people might like to play this in reverse chronological order.
My list of good things so far is
AC- Feels indescribably nice. Also had a combat system that felt like actual combat(i.e. you win some, you lose some)
AC2-Lush vivid cities, and it had hard work put into it.
ACV- Recruits^, Multi-player, Uplay skins, Memory replay, Tower Capture, and Templar Captains, War machines^.
ACR- Stalkers, Den defense, Mediterranean^, Recruit missions^, Bombs,Soldiers(half-competent).

Everything with a ^ mark on it could be expanded on:

Recruits could have been part of a second storyline(Project Legacy.) Mediterranean defense could of been an excuse to go to other countries. War machines could have been brought back home.

I'm going back to AC1 now good-bye.

Edit:The new Layout feels so unfriendly...

joelsantos24
01-16-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm confused by the order of the threads on the main page, seems like active topics are randomly placed on the page, rather than being at the top. Or i don't understand it. (Quick reply is good :) )

I'm on AC2 at the moment, nearly at Venice. AC1 and AC2's story keep you guessing what's going to happen next, and looking forward to learning about new people, and developments within the Templar order etc. Whereas AC:R, you kinda already know where the story is taking you? I mean, you're basically told what you're going to do in the game, at the very beginning. I guess the book missions disrupt the flow and tension of the story in AC:R.
Anyway back to AC2, cities aren't as amazing as i remember. Still amazing, of course but Constantinople is definitely in the same league.
I'm on Assassin's 2 also, just started last night. It's not really my first Assassin's marathon - quite the opposite actually - since I'm in sort of an endless loop between Assassin's 1, 2 and Brotherhood. I still haven't had the chance to get Revelations, I'm hoping to buy it before Easter.

Anyway, most of the guys around here already know that I'm a hardcore fan of the first game, but I definitely (and obviously) feel that Assassin's 2 was an evolution, in several different ways, and it was vastly more elaborate, to say the least.

- Back in Assassin's 1, it was really hard (not to mention unfathomably boring) for me to travel through the kingdom; that part of the game took far too long and it made me lose much of the excitement I gained from having just explored magnificent cities such as Jerusalem and/or Damascus; thankfully, that issue was solved in Assassin's 2, even if we had to make our way through the country, in a few ocasions.
- The game is more fluid in Assassin's 2; there are several different ways to assassinate our enemies/targets, whereas in Assassin's 1 one had a limited number of ways to approach that matter.
- One disadvantage of Assassin's 1, is the repetitive behavior/response of most of the citizens/people we interact with; some speak of the repetitiveness of the missions in each sequence, but I liked it, even if they cold have made it a bit more distinct; in this particular perspective, you do have a sense of what you're gonna have to do prior to actually effecting it, because we already know we're gonna have to pickpocket, eavesdrop and/or beat some templar agents, regardless of the city we're going to.

I'll post some more personal insights later.

luckyto
02-07-2012, 05:19 PM
- Back in Assassin's 1, it was really hard (not to mention unfathomably boring) for me to travel through the kingdom; that part of the game took far too long and it made me lose much of the excitement I gained from having just explored magnificent cities such as Jerusalem and/or Damascus; thankfully, that issue was solved in Assassin's 2, even if we had to make our way through the country, in a few ocasions.

yes, that is one of AC1's biggest flaws. Simple fast travel.

LightRey
02-07-2012, 06:26 PM
yes, that is one of AC1's biggest flaws. Simple fast travel.

Eh, AC1 had fast travel.

luckyto
02-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Eh, AC1 had fast travel.

Not really. You begin each assassination in the top level of Masyaf's Keep with Al Mualim and you have to travel all the way through Masyaf, onto a horse, and ride through stretch of the Kingdom before you get to a place where you can "fast travel" to a city. Even so, that is only available in the middle of the third sequence.

So, no, that's not really fast travel. Not the same as having a fast travel locations scattered over a map. Even in Monteriggioni, the trip from the Villa down to outside the keep took 30 seconds by sprinting. Very very different.

LightRey
02-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Not really. You begin each assassination in the top level of Masyaf's Keep with Al Mualim and you have to travel all the way through Masyaf, onto a horse, and ride through stretch of the Kingdom before you get to a place where you can "fast travel" to a city. Even so, that is only available in the middle of the third sequence.

So, no, that's not really fast travel. Not the same as having a fast travel locations scattered over a map. Even in Monteriggioni, the trip from the Villa down to outside the keep took 30 seconds by sprinting. Very very different.

It's available in every sequence since the third, not just the third. And that "stretch of the kingdom" is a few hundred meters that can be ridden on said horse in mere seconds.

luckyto
02-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Time it and come back. Time to leave Al Mualim's side to the fast travel station. Go on. I play that game every week, I know how long it takes. Seems you could use a reminder.

LightRey
02-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Time it and come back. Time to leave Al Mualim's side to the fast travel station. Go on. I play that game every week, I know how long it takes. Seems you could use a reminder.

Talking about the bit you have to ride on a horse to get there, not the entire walk. Regardless, it's still much better than having to ride across the entire kingdom, which takes several minutes at least. It's certainly worthy of the name fast travel imo.

Tbh, what bothered me more about time-consuming aspects of the game was the fact that you can't skip "cutscenes".

luckyto
02-08-2012, 12:04 AM
If you actually started at the gates of Masyaf and only had to ride to edge of that map, that would be equivalent to AC2's Villa. That's not too bad. But you don't start there. You start on the far-thest end from that and make your way through the Keep and all the way down through Masyaf to the gates. To me, that's the biggest problem. Not skipping the cutscenes - I do kind of agree with that too. I've heard Al Mualim's lectures so many times now that I just start up the sequence and leave the room for a few minutes.

LightRey
02-08-2012, 12:32 AM
If you actually started at the gates of Masyaf and only had to ride to edge of that map, that would be equivalent to AC2's Villa. That's not too bad. But you don't start there. You start on the far-thest end from that and make your way through the Keep and all the way down through Masyaf to the gates. To me, that's the biggest problem. Not skipping the cutscenes - I do kind of agree with that too. I've heard Al Mualim's lectures so many times now that I just start up the sequence and leave the room for a few minutes.

There's a pretty fast route from the castle to the horses by making a leap of faith about halfway. I pretty much always used that route.

Locopells
02-08-2012, 01:33 AM
I dunno about you guys, but I always get fast travel options when I leave the gate of the fortress, without having to pass through the village and that bit of the kingdom. Maybe you only get that after doing all viewpoints in the kingdom?

LightRey
02-08-2012, 01:50 AM
I dunno about you guys, but I always get fast travel options when I leave the gate of the fortress, without having to pass through the village and that bit of the kingdom. Maybe you only get that after doing all viewpoints in the kingdom?

That bit we're talking about isn't actually part of the kingdom. It's the road outside Masyaf that leads to the kingdom.

Assassin_M
02-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Now who brought this back, I wonder..

Locopells
02-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Now who brought this back, I wonder..

Eh?

Locopells
02-08-2012, 04:22 PM
That bit we're talking about isn't actually part of the kingdom. It's the road outside Masyaf that leads to the kingdom.

Same difference. It's included in the Masyaf part of the game, but is outside of the village, so is not actually part of Masyaf itself, just under Assassin control a bit like the first hundred meters or so when you first get to the Kingdom part of the game. Therefore I count it as part of the Kingdom.

Geek moment over now...

LightRey
02-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Same difference. It's included in the Masyaf part of the game, but is outside of the village, so is not actually part of Masyaf itself, just under Assassin control a bit like the first hundred meters or so when you first get to the Kingdom part of the game. Therefore I count it as part of the Kingdom.

Geek moment over now...

Be that as it may, fast travel can only be accessed from that area at the end of that road, not at the gate.

luckyto
02-08-2012, 05:11 PM

What???

I've done everything in my save and I've never had that option. That would be perfect.

LightRey
02-08-2012, 05:19 PM
What???

I've done everything in my save and I've never had that option. That would be perfect.

Yeah, I never experienced that either.

Locopells
02-09-2012, 02:53 AM
I have the Director's Cut version, I guess they put it in then. Screenshots available if you don't believe me!

LightRey
02-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I have the Director's Cut version, I guess they put it in then. Screenshots available if you don't believe me!

PC?

Locopells
02-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Yeap

LightRey
02-10-2012, 01:49 AM
Yeap

Then it's likely something they added to make fast travel more useful.

Locopells
02-10-2012, 02:39 AM
I guess.

luckyto
02-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeap

****, I'm jealous.

natsuto
02-15-2012, 03:29 AM
I never thought of them. Any challenge related to these types of games, I'm not crazy ... at least until I get it right. However, the calm, the diversity of the world is a terrible thing.