PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Chests

crash3
06-01-2011, 05:03 AM
i think treasure chests have gotten boring now, there needs to be a more interesting method of exploring the cities instead of collecting treasure, it doesnt feel like a very assassin like thing to do,it feels kinda childish to me and anyway we always get loads and loads of money so we dont need the treasure chests

chests should only be located at the end of tombs alongside the seal or key or whatever reward there is at the end

or treasure chests should be in templar-owned banks which you can rob to not only earn money but to deprive the templars of their funds so they cant hire as many soldiers/agents or something like that

so basically i think treasure chests should only be in certain missions and not be used as an exploration method

i dont mind keeping feathers as collectibles, however i would like to see the feathers being used like they they were used in AC1 where you stain the feather with the blood of your victim. i think that would be better than just putting the feathers in a box and then getting some crappy cape as reward

what do you think?

crash3
06-01-2011, 05:03 AM
i think treasure chests have gotten boring now, there needs to be a more interesting method of exploring the cities instead of collecting treasure, it doesnt feel like a very assassin like thing to do,it feels kinda childish to me and anyway we always get loads and loads of money so we dont need the treasure chests

chests should only be located at the end of tombs alongside the seal or key or whatever reward there is at the end

or treasure chests should be in templar-owned banks which you can rob to not only earn money but to deprive the templars of their funds so they cant hire as many soldiers/agents or something like that

so basically i think treasure chests should only be in certain missions and not be used as an exploration method

i dont mind keeping feathers as collectibles, however i would like to see the feathers being used like they they were used in AC1 where you stain the feather with the blood of your victim. i think that would be better than just putting the feathers in a box and then getting some crappy cape as reward

what do you think?

Xanatos2007
06-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Quit making so many threads on topics that could easily fit into existing ones.

Carl_StokieUK
06-01-2011, 07:32 AM
I'm with you on the chests crash... would be better to as you say have the treasures/chests in with looking for seals, better still why not have treasures as only being collected by the recruits on their separate missions which you aren't part of if they are retained in ACR?? It would have been nice to have a cut scene response 'choose your reply' to macciavelli (sorry if not spelt right!) when at the beginning of ACB you are in his 'debt'.... if you had already found some treasure chests/killed some gurds/robbed some people and got enough money to make your own purchases at the 'fabbro's'.. and turn to him and say choice of 'thankyou macciavelli' or 'no thankyou macciavelli i got my own money'. I'm looking forward to the next installment anyways.

crash3
06-01-2011, 09:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carl_StokieUK:
I'm with you on the chests crash... would be better to as you say have the treasures/chests in with looking for seals, better still why not have treasures as only being collected by the recruits on their separate missions which you aren't part of if they are retained in ACR?? It would have been nice to have a cut scene response 'choose your reply' to macciavelli (sorry if not spelt right!) when at the beginning of ACB you are in his 'debt'.... if you had already found some treasure chests/killed some gurds/robbed some people and got enough money to make your own purchases at the 'fabbro's'.. and turn to him and say choice of 'thankyou macciavelli' or 'no thankyou macciavelli i got my own money'. I'm looking forward to the next installment anyways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree. however what do you think could replace the chests as a way of exploring the cities?

also to Xanatos, stop spending your time criticising my posts its really sad that you actually have time to do that, just do what everyone else is doing and comment on how the game can be improved or else just dont comment on my stuff!

Xanatos2007
06-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Heheheh, you think I spend all my spare time criticising your posts? This is the first time I recall commenting on one of your threads, and it wasn't even about the content. I just noticed on the front page that there are several topics started by you in regards to relatively minor gameplay issues that don't warrant their own threads.

And I've kind of lost faith with the AC franchise, as I've stated numerous times elsewhere, so nothing I do or say is going to influence the developers to deliver a better experience.
*faces Montreal* Right guys?

NuclearFuss
06-01-2011, 11:27 AM
*faces Xanatos on behalf of Montreal* Right. We don't respect opinions unless we ask for them first.

iN3krO
06-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Well, this idea is from AoE2.. why there couldn't be grey colored areas which are those we havn't visited yet and there is a sequence said: Exploring than it would split in the cities and than districts (if there are more than 1 city)... this would be better i think http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Heheheh, you think I spend all my spare time criticising your posts? This is the first time I recall commenting on one of your threads, and it wasn't even about the content. I just noticed on the front page that there are several topics started by you in regards to relatively minor gameplay issues that don't warrant their own threads.

And I've kind of lost faith with the AC franchise, as I've stated numerous times elsewhere, so nothing I do or say is going to influence the developers to deliver a better experience.
*faces Montreal* Right guys? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Minor gameplay things that ARE IMPORTANT... the combat AI and dificult isn't important?...

In the faith part i'm with me... but even if Ac isn't perfect, it will be a good game... maybe i won't buy it cuz i think it won't be worth the money....

kriegerdesgottes
06-01-2011, 11:36 AM
I don't mind the treasures simply because I enjoy collecting things. But if they turned into something else to collect that made more sense I'd be on board with that too.

Carl_StokieUK
06-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Hmmm good question Crash! I'm not an expert.... as I said i'm looking forward to the next bit.. and more if they feel so to make more. But having played all of the episodes so far, how about going back to having to do at least 3 things to bring about the 'conditions' for making an assassination (like in AC1), eavesdropping.. beat-ups etc (think i've seen somebody say something like this on one of the topics). I understand they have progressed games but it sometimes feels like there's a 'big hole' in a game. In ACB... you do actually 'eavesdrop' on people standing in the square making comments on your way to meeting/helping Egidio Troche... so surely there could be some latitude to go back to that? Nice to make your aquaintance Crash btw.

crash3
06-02-2011, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Carl_StokieUK:
Hmmm good question Crash! I'm not an expert.... as I said i'm looking forward to the next bit.. and more if they feel so to make more. But having played all of the episodes so far, how about going back to having to do at least 3 things to bring about the 'conditions' for making an assassination (like in AC1), eavesdropping.. beat-ups etc (think i've seen somebody say something like this on one of the topics). I understand they have progressed games but it sometimes feels like there's a 'big hole' in a game. In ACB... you do actually 'eavesdrop' on people standing in the square making comments on your way to meeting/helping Egidio Troche... so surely there could be some latitude to go back to that? Nice to make your aquaintance Crash btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers, so if i understood you correctly, an improvement on exploring the cities as an alternative to the treasure chests would be in the form of more missions around the place? nice to make your acquaintance

crash3
06-02-2011, 12:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Well, this idea is from AoE2.. why there couldn't be grey colored areas which are those we havn't visited yet and there is a sequence said: Exploring than it would split in the cities and than districts (if there are more than 1 city)... this would be better i think http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

*faces Montreal* Right guys? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Minor gameplay things that ARE IMPORTANT... the combat AI and dificult isn't important?...

In the faith part i'm with me... but even if Ac isn't perfect, it will be a good game... maybe i won't buy it cuz i think it won't be worth the money.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers dan, i agree with your point, how can a game be improved without going into detail? meaning the minor things

NewBlade200
06-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I think his point was that these points and opinions could have easily fit into other existing threads, he wasn't trying to make it seem any less relevent.

crash3
06-03-2011, 03:52 AM
i hope the random missions in ACR enable us to explore many parts of te cities, but i hope they are proper missions, not things like delivering letters

iN3krO
06-03-2011, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
i hope the random missions in ACR enable us to explore many parts of te cities, but i hope they are proper missions, not things like delivering letters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hope most of those side missions are like the templar agents missions in AcB but maybe more random...

What do you think about the "grey colored areas" you would see them in the map but it would be an indicator that you still need to visit it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Black_Widow9
06-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Please post this here-
New Assassin's Creed: Revelations #2 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1801028429)
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>