PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Like To See in The Expansion Release?

Muppetts
03-10-2005, 04:11 AM
I hope we can Pin this as it always seems a popular thread in other Game forums. Yes this is pre game release and this is not for a Mod but a follow up or Expansion. We all have information on the game and have an idea on what we might like to see expanded.

1. Multi Player - I think this is such a unique aspect of the game and has so much potential. I played Rome Total War and the Multiplayer experience (for a while) was fantastic, because it was slightly different from everything else on the market. If an expansion included more in depth Wolf Pack operations, the ability to be the Allies, statistics recording (like the jolt servers for BattleField Vietnam, you can see your kills, units types used etc. on a ladder scheme).

Single player would be to play allied or to be able to influence the war as Germany (Have a map with the advance of the German forces and weak spots in Supplies (shipping) that you can attack or defend each result effects the land supply routes.

Now I'm not going to list an essay, just throwing out ideas. You can out silly stuff in as the idea may have merit if toned down. Remember it's for an expansion, not a whole new game, so it would be hard to expect taking over surface vessels and have a MultiPlayer Subs Vs Destroyers, as to render the Destroyers, controls, reactions etc would be huge.

I am active on the X2 The Threat Forum and their 'What would you like to See' thread runs to many pages and was listened to by the Devs with many of the requests and idea's coming out in the coming release 'The Return'.

Cheers
Mup http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Muppetts
03-10-2005, 04:11 AM
I hope we can Pin this as it always seems a popular thread in other Game forums. Yes this is pre game release and this is not for a Mod but a follow up or Expansion. We all have information on the game and have an idea on what we might like to see expanded.

1. Multi Player - I think this is such a unique aspect of the game and has so much potential. I played Rome Total War and the Multiplayer experience (for a while) was fantastic, because it was slightly different from everything else on the market. If an expansion included more in depth Wolf Pack operations, the ability to be the Allies, statistics recording (like the jolt servers for BattleField Vietnam, you can see your kills, units types used etc. on a ladder scheme).

Single player would be to play allied or to be able to influence the war as Germany (Have a map with the advance of the German forces and weak spots in Supplies (shipping) that you can attack or defend each result effects the land supply routes.

Now I'm not going to list an essay, just throwing out ideas. You can out silly stuff in as the idea may have merit if toned down. Remember it's for an expansion, not a whole new game, so it would be hard to expect taking over surface vessels and have a MultiPlayer Subs Vs Destroyers, as to render the Destroyers, controls, reactions etc would be huge.

I am active on the X2 The Threat Forum and their 'What would you like to See' thread runs to many pages and was listened to by the Devs with many of the requests and idea's coming out in the coming release 'The Return'.

Cheers
Mup http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FinnN
03-10-2005, 05:21 AM
Well in one of the interviews I read once the dev team said that if SH-III was successful they'd look at doing more naval sims/games. If we're strictly talking expansions then I'd most like to see different nationality's subs and the possibility to control the surface vessels - even if it's only on a strategic level.

Now if we're allowed to speculate on what other naval games we'd like...weellll...in no particular order:

1. Napoleonic period - after the appalling Age of Sail 2 this genre desperately needs resurrecting.

2. Battleship actions - either WW1 or WW2. Something like that ancient Task Force 1942 game from Microprose.

3. Talking of ancient - how about a game about galley battles? Not sure it's ever been done and could be combined with sailing ships to cover all sorts of possibilities.

Have fun
Finn

Sharpe26
03-10-2005, 05:26 AM
I think FinnN summed it up pretty nicely.
Though I would like to point out that battleship action would probably be something that could be made to work in any kind of surface ship addon.

and as far as Galleys go, battle of Salamis anyone?

Lobolopez220
03-10-2005, 06:06 AM
Well for me it really depends on whats been left out of the initial release. I understand that things like voice recognition and milkcows did not make it into the final version so it would be nice to have these added at some point.

Lobo

Copperhead_SG
03-10-2005, 06:10 AM
US subs sinking Axis merchants :P

Hertston
03-10-2005, 06:20 AM
Easy - Destroyer Command 2, interlinked with SH3 in the way that their predecessors were supposed to be. I can't see much point in an expansion.

Maybe a return to the Pacific Theatre if there is an SH4.

Messervy
03-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Amongst other things I would go for implemented sound delay and improved torpedo hit water splash.

Philipscdrw
03-10-2005, 08:29 AM
I think that DC2 is the most natural progression. I've got no idea how a Napoleonic naval sim could work...

A sim featuring the one-man minisubs would be quite diverting. It would require far less work than a full submarine, a claustrophobic Il-2 cockpit...

Stuntcow
03-10-2005, 08:34 AM
I would like to see Pacific Duty in the Silent Service.

TASKFORCE1x1
03-10-2005, 09:01 AM
In addition to DC I would like to see a free version on the net downloadable for Merchant ship players to use. Would be nice to be able for them to manage to haul supplies across the atlantic is their goal. Maybe upon reaching their goal they can get upgraded to a flyable aircraft model. Would be neat. If I were the dev team SHIII would have more of these goals. You can be a merchant and try to load and ship goods all over the world and dock and unload these items to help win the war. If you dont then the game is lost. FOr this to be successful you would need a dedicated 24/7 server with crash recovery and date and time specifics so players know where they left off. Also to know what all has been sunk and what is yet to sink. Its a good hunt and destroy kinda aspect of the game I would like to see. Overall I would like to see the war change and to make us feel that we could of made a difference rather than feel hopeless that whatever we do wont matter in the course of the war. I think this sim possibly could be MODded to do so. Im just not sure at this point.