PDA

View Full Version : Secret assembley.. (got to play AC with 11 others)

mefninja
10-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Well I just got back from montreal where ubisoft paid for me and 11 others to stay at this amazing hotel and play AC on thursday(3day trip.. The game is amazing!!! Ubi took us out to dinners and bars, it was awesome.. We got to meet jade(hotter in person) and patrice(hotter in person) and the rest of the dev team(all hot in person) debuggers(hotness)..

We were blessed with 4 hours of play time.. on a huge 46inch HD tv. They made sure we wouldnt get much of the sci fi part revealed so they dropped us off in the middle of the game. and had a employee watchin us play the whole time. We started off in the assassins stronghold, did a quick tutorial and then stole a horse(thus why the horses are diff colors in the vids and Screen shots.) We road thru the kingdom and went to one of the view points to reveal some of the map. (theres sooo many thru out the game) We had the choice of acre or jeruselm.. I choose jeru cause it was closer and got to complete one of the full missions assassination and all.. i finished a lil early cause i pwn so i got to play around in the assassins stronghold too (forget the exact name).. anyways i dont want to give it all away.. but any questions about the combat.. crowd. AI and city size or the map (some interesting things on the map) or just questions feel free to ask and ill be able to answer... i also thank ubi for the experience it was amazing!

mefninja
10-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Well I just got back from montreal where ubisoft paid for me and 11 others to stay at this amazing hotel and play AC on thursday(3day trip.. The game is amazing!!! Ubi took us out to dinners and bars, it was awesome.. We got to meet jade(hotter in person) and patrice(hotter in person) and the rest of the dev team(all hot in person) debuggers(hotness)..

We were blessed with 4 hours of play time.. on a huge 46inch HD tv. They made sure we wouldnt get much of the sci fi part revealed so they dropped us off in the middle of the game. and had a employee watchin us play the whole time. We started off in the assassins stronghold, did a quick tutorial and then stole a horse(thus why the horses are diff colors in the vids and Screen shots.) We road thru the kingdom and went to one of the view points to reveal some of the map. (theres sooo many thru out the game) We had the choice of acre or jeruselm.. I choose jeru cause it was closer and got to complete one of the full missions assassination and all.. i finished a lil early cause i pwn so i got to play around in the assassins stronghold too (forget the exact name).. anyways i dont want to give it all away.. but any questions about the combat.. crowd. AI and city size or the map (some interesting things on the map) or just questions feel free to ask and ill be able to answer... i also thank ubi for the experience it was amazing!

zeldapsychology
10-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Compare the areas to the following games (just curious.)

City GTA Series size vs. AC size (videos look big but you never know)

Field size (between cities) Shadow of the Collosus vs. AC (I was hoping TP's Hyrule Field would rival SotC but I was severely let down.) :-)

How does the crowd react? (people on these boards have complained the crowd AI might not be realistic) (How is hitting/throwing down killing etc. a person in the crowd affect AC's experience.)

#1 issue climbing+controls. (This is my main gameplay aspect that I think is the most interesting.) :-)

eliteassassin69
10-19-2007, 06:53 PM
ooo oo I got a question? are the guards as dumb as they seem on vids?

Aphelion7
10-19-2007, 06:54 PM
I do believe we may quell some of the nay-sayers about the combat system if you wish to go into a bit of depth explaining how well it felt. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif It would be great if you could share your views on the way the enemy AI attacked you, for example. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also, how easy was it to accidentally "free run" onto objects that you didn't exactly want to? (Mainly during the escape phase)

Pepedou
10-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Wow! man that's so sweet!!! Im dying to play this game. I was wondering, what were your impressions on combat and free-running. Also, how is the assassin's stronghold and lastly how big is the countryside? Is it "continous" like in Oblivion and Shadow of the Colossus or by "scenes" like in Zelda.

Stiler
10-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Can you just give your general opinion on the melee combat and how it generally worked out for you? Did you find yourself being able to make good tactical descisions and doing things that just looked cool? Was there a lot of variety to the moves, especially if you used your foot/hand button along with the sword?

Also the freerunning aspect, did it work as you expected/come naturally as you moved Altair about? Like if you could picture an escape route visually did he generally react to getting onto objects/jumping as you expected? Or did you find yourself sometimes hitting things/getting stuck?

How were the horse controls? Was it a usual two-speed affair (IE walk>run) or could you control the horses speeds on a more sensitive manner with various gaits? (IE trot, canter, gallop, etc).

How was the combat on the horse? (If you were able to do any).

Do you know if you'll be able to get a horse and keep that exact one, or must you simply steal one each time you want to use one?

Thebrownfish
10-19-2007, 06:56 PM
How is the combat? Did you find it tough? How well balanced did you find the weapons and control system?

Please and if you answer, thanks in advance. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

sweetlou280
10-19-2007, 06:57 PM
How interactive is the combat system? Did you feel in control of exactly what Altair was doing, or did you just push a couple of buttons and the system took over?

zdamort
10-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Did you die at all? Please tell me you did, after a couple hits. And what happened afterwards?

Jade_Samurai
10-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Sounds like everything has some awesome hotness!

KlNDRED
10-19-2007, 07:10 PM
what did u do at the fortress? what is there to do?

MeAltairLol
10-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Did you notice any game-breaking glitches? Any hiccups?

K_Falcon
10-19-2007, 07:24 PM
You got to meet Patrice and Jade OMG thats awesome but yea talk about your experience please.

Zain0
10-19-2007, 07:26 PM
I should've waited in front of Ubisoft and knocked one of those guys out and acted like one of you's http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif lol

mefninja
10-19-2007, 07:31 PM
damn quesiton explosion.. ok here it goes (forgive speed typos and grammar)

AC city size outweights GTA massively.. thing is as you go thru the game you unlock portions of the city i think (maybe they just blocked it off) soo i didnt get to see the full thing.. but i what i had to travel in dwarfed GTA soo its really really big! assassins strong hold is cool.. there a little town under it and theres a few obstical course like area to have fun with (with great scenary and water)

field size compared to shadow of the colosus.. well The Kingdom isnt what i really expected.. its more of a mass series of paths going thru small towns to get to the HUGE cities.. i only traveled on 1 path.. to say it bigger than shadow of the colosus in that aspect.. atm from my experience id say no.. but i could be wrong.

crowd AI is amazing.. they literally react to every little thing Altair does.. if i club up a wall they will say things like "have you seen someone do that?" "hes going to kill him self." "is he crazy?" "random language" knocking people over whiel your feel speed is soo funny.. but if you time the knock down wrong you will trip over them and fall depending on your speed.. when your being chased damn they get in your way.. but its also fun cause they get in the way of the guard/knight way too.

ok the climbing and freerunning is really welld one.. the climbing is simple you just move the controled in the directs of the next object to grab. its also intense cause its realistic soo when your climbin away from guard you get a rush cause they are throwing rocks at you and ****.. the free running is easy too.. you basically hold down A(360) or x(ps3) and you will run up anything.. if you want to use your hands you press (b)360 or (o) ps3 to grab onto to soemthing and swing off.. it does have a bit of a learning cruve.. you will find your self doing something amazing by mistake or just ****in up completely.. no really acciendently ran up stuff ever..

the combat is ace.. when you swing your weapon. you can trigger a combo as soon as your swords hit each other like (press x(360) and press X right when you see the swords hit. the couters are basically.. counter when they swing to hit you not when they hit your sword.. they are automatic depending on when you react.. and if your too early you get hit if your too late you get hit or block the timing is diff with each weapon.. basically shorter the blade.. less time you have to react to the counter( shorter the blade more entertaining it is) when your surrounded and you attack agreesive the guy behind you will swing when your swinging at someone else.. if your too passive they will tease you or jus tactically surround you.. with they tease you you get an open shot.. also when they are hurt they will stop for a sec and grab there wound (time to strike) key thing it too never have someone behind you.. and if you fully dominate them the last few up to 1-3(from my experience) will run like girls. when i finished the assassinate i got new boots to made me dodge soo i dunno what that does when it comes to combat style. the couter attacks and combo attack altair did repeat.. but its based on when you counter and how the enemy swings at you which is pretty impressive.. some really cool brutal ones.. sometimes altair will jump punch them in the body or face when you counter a straight kick to the chest.. you can hit the attack button to finish them off with styles and brutality. the combat sometimes is easy and sometimes its hard.. it random.. cause the guards have different skill levels.. you will find your self un touched in 1 fight.. but near death in another. with the same amount of enemies. when it comes to dying only when i tried to do a hidden dagger counter cause you cant block i also died when i fell off a building cause of an arrow. Alot of the others died about 4-5times in combat im just good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif(hope that answered your questions properly)

horse controls are great.. you can trot canter gallop and gallap even faster.. its how you use the buttons.. right trigger (x)ps3 (a)360 = fastest he can go right trigger is second fastest.. with jus point forwards is 3rd fastest and (x)ps3 (a)360 is a slow speed. its really natual. the horse combat is cool.. swooping down and slicing an enemy is satisfying.. sometimes they blood or you trip over them and fall off the horse (which can be killed) the animation of altair with his sword out really to slice an enemy is wicked!

only hiccups and glitches is the targeting system.. since the crowd is soo big the game tells you who your about to target if you hit the target button(pre targetting?.. but sometimes you gotta move his head around to pre target the right person. there is a priority thing though.. he will pre target a guard before a random citizen anytime. also when your in a corner and you counter and its all cinematic it captures it at a bad angle (only happened once)

eliteassassin69
10-19-2007, 07:37 PM
so guards arent as stupid as they seen in vids?

Iam8_Bit
10-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Didnt he just say no? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Mana_SG
10-19-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm anticipating more reviews like this soon...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Toyotama
10-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Is Jade really that hot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ? Just kidding... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Can you explain the life/stamina bar?

MiniAssasin
10-19-2007, 07:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zain0:
I should've waited in front of Ubisoft and knocked one of those guys out and acted like one of you's http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds just like i thought it was

and about the horses, didnt anyone else know he stole them coz i di

MeAltairLol
10-19-2007, 07:52 PM
May I ask... How did you win the "trip"? How did you enter?

spazzoo1025
10-19-2007, 07:52 PM
how about that meter in the top left? is it confidence, health, or what?

Zain0
10-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Im thinking its the 1191ad.com thing but.. they only chose 3 people on that.. UNLESS THEY LIIIIED!

spazzoo1025
10-19-2007, 07:56 PM
i think it was totally random, because (not to be mean or anything, but) i was registered before mefninja, and I have more posts than them, but I wasn't selected. So it was probly random, and you had to have maybe over 200 posts or something

Zapages
10-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Its nice that Ubisoft paid for your stay there in Montreal... I remember when I went, I had to pay for that stuff myself.

Sorry for my rant.

Sounds that game is rounding up to be good.

Did you experience any glitches?

Also was there frame tearing and how was the frame rate in the game?

As for the guards, did they come after you and attack you or just teased and intimidated you.

IHeartAC31565
10-19-2007, 08:02 PM
i have a question..........i think this might've been answered but can u just walk up to random ppl and kill them?

iPlunder
10-19-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't belive this for a minute.

Bad_Boy19801980
10-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Hmm im not sure if this is real or not.. but if its not.. you sure have done you research kid gotta tell you that..

but the way you have told us.. this game sounds fuc*ing awesome...

cant wait to play this game..

did you only get to play the 360/ps3 version ?

Lisky831
10-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Sounds pretty shady to me.

MeAltairLol
10-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Hmm, same... can a mod confirm this?

Faylinks
10-19-2007, 08:24 PM
for me, it could be REALLY good, or turn out to be bad, depends on how controlitive you are on atier, and if its a good hard, like you get a rush if you do osmtyhing cool

joshuagiraffe
10-19-2007, 08:27 PM
what version did you play? 360 or ps3? or if you played both, did you find any differences in graphics, crowd A.I., etc?

chewie1890
10-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Who else was there? Forum handles please. I'd of been there if I was over 18... Damn.

chewie1890
10-19-2007, 08:31 PM
This is definitely legit guys, I was invited also, here's a copy of the original e-mail:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dear chewie1890,

Hello! Let me take a moment to introduce myself; I am a Support Coordinator at Ubisoft Entertainment, and I'm currently helping to plan an exciting Assassin's Creed event for select community members. I am writing to you because you have been identified as one of the top Assassin's Creed community leaders in the United States.

We are sponsoring a one-day event at the Ubisoft Montreal studios, where community leaders will have the opportunity to meet the development team and get hands-on time with Assassin's Creed. This is especially exciting because it will be the first time anyone from the public will be getting actual hands-on time with the game. Ubisoft will pay for all qualifying travel expenses (flight, hotel, most meals, etc.) for attendees.

We would like to extend an invitation to you to attend this event, which is tentatively scheduled for October 18, 2007. This is a closed event, with attendance limited to 12 community participants.

Please reply to this email by Friday, October 12, 2007, indicating:

your full name and city/state of residency (for preliminary flight arrangements)
your availability October 17 19 (all-day event + expected travel days)
your age (if under the age of 18, we will need proof of parental consent)
any special needs that we should be aware of at this time

After October 12, we will follow up with all respondents with further details on the event's itinerary. As a courtesy to Ubisoft, please do not communicate publicly regarding this invitation until we have established its exact details.

Thank you for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Kimi Matsuzaki

"kimi_"

To verify my identity, try my official Ubi accounts

Ubi.com - http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/6831015675
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd of gone if I was over 18 but sadly legalities wouldn't allow it.

[NOTE: I apologize for the double post]

moqqy
10-19-2007, 08:43 PM
The funny part about this is the "Community leaders" thing.

Zain0
10-19-2007, 08:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chewie1890:
This is definitely legit guys, I was invited also, here's a copy of the original e-mail:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Dear chewie1890,

Hello! Let me take a moment to introduce myself; I am a Support Coordinator at Ubisoft Entertainment, and I'm currently helping to plan an exciting Assassin's Creed event for select community members. I am writing to you because you have been identified as one of the top Assassin's Creed community leaders in the United States.

We are sponsoring a one-day event at the Ubisoft Montreal studios, where community leaders will have the opportunity to meet the development team and get hands-on time with Assassin's Creed. This is especially exciting because it will be the first time anyone from the public will be getting actual hands-on time with the game. Ubisoft will pay for all qualifying travel expenses (flight, hotel, most meals, etc.) for attendees.

We would like to extend an invitation to you to attend this event, which is tentatively scheduled for October 18, 2007. This is a closed event, with attendance limited to 12 community participants.

Please reply to this email by Friday, October 12, 2007, indicating:

your full name and city/state of residency (for preliminary flight arrangements)
your availability October 17 19 (all-day event + expected travel days)
your age (if under the age of 18, we will need proof of parental consent)
any special needs that we should be aware of at this time

After October 12, we will follow up with all respondents with further details on the event's itinerary. As a courtesy to Ubisoft, please do not communicate publicly regarding this invitation until we have established its exact details.

Thank you for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Kimi Matsuzaki

"kimi_"

To verify my identity, try my official Ubi accounts

Ubi.com - http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/6831015675
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd of gone if I was over 18 but sadly legalities wouldn't allow it.

[NOTE: I apologize for the double post] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wanted to go! and i live in montreal! &gt;_&lt; lol

chewie1890
10-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Based on my experiences with Ubisoft I think it was more based around who was old enough on the forums and then a random choice from there. Don't worry Moqqy, Ubi loves you too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mefninja
10-19-2007, 08:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toyotama:
Is Jade really that hot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ? Just kidding... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Can you explain the life/stamina bar? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Content Removed</span>

Azerackia
10-19-2007, 09:08 PM
How many bars of health do you have?

And roughly how many hits can you take before dieing?

Also, did you use the throwing knives at all? How were they? I heard they may be a tad difficult to control or something.

Also, how fast do the bars regen?

maulsl
10-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Can you enter a lot of buildings/houses/churches/ etc.? Or is the insides of most buildings closed off only for the ones that are apart of missions?

CouchZombie
10-19-2007, 09:34 PM
I can confirm that he was there, but due to him signing a Non Discloser Agreement i will be locking this thread, as he is not allowed to talk about the game.

due to misinformation i will open this thread again

mefninja
10-22-2007, 05:14 PM
i used my forum hacks to unlock this thread

membernametaken
10-22-2007, 05:18 PM

MeAltairLol
10-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Wow, this is so gonna get you banned... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

godfather_d1981
10-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Why would he be banned? He IS allowed to discuss the game.

mefninja
10-22-2007, 06:49 PM
yea they unlocked it because they locked it by mistake

Last_Assassins
10-22-2007, 07:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CouchZombie:
I can confirm that he was there, but due to him signing a Non Discloser Agreement i will be locking this thread, as he is not allowed to talk about the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He must have accidentally posted this reply then, lol.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

JediBaja
10-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I don't get why they locked the thread cuz the NDA simply said we couldn't speak about the other projects going on at Ubisoft that we might have seen while on the tour. Anything AC though is fine.

mefninja
10-22-2007, 07:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Last_Assassins:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CouchZombie:
I can confirm that he was there, but due to him signing a Non Discloser Agreement i will be locking this thread, as he is not allowed to talk about the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He must have accidentally posted this reply then, lol.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

basically.. they where told too lock it.. but infact it wasnt against the NDA just like the other thread that is now 12pages.. soo they opened it back up..

stix489
10-23-2007, 12:09 AM
hey mefninja I left you a message on your PSN thing...when you get the chance can you reply back?? thx in advance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

rahul911
10-23-2007, 12:49 AM
lucky bum. thanks a lot for yr review, you gave a lot of details which some major gaming sites failed to gather
My main question, was there any person playing the game on the ps3..cos i;ve never seen the game in motion on a PS3

tevel3
10-23-2007, 01:01 AM
i wish i was ther too
and i wonder how to pick evry body, sounds cool.

JediBaja
10-23-2007, 02:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rahul911:
lucky bum. thanks a lot for yr review, you gave a lot of details which some major gaming sites failed to gather
My main question, was there any person playing the game on the ps3..cos i;ve never seen the game in motion on a PS3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None of us 12 that went did, mainly because Ubisoft Montreal doesn't have 12 PS3 dev kits to demo on. I was very happy to see and watch a couple developers play it on PS3s and it looked very nice and smooth.

Gbucket
10-23-2007, 03:02 AM
What JediBaja said really. We didn't have 12 spare PS3 kits but we had 12 spare 360 kits, so we used that. The PS3 and 360 versions are exactly the same http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Greenman2000
10-23-2007, 03:16 AM
i got this question on the day trip one but who cares aslong as it gets answered
When u push people over do they have there own personalities? e.g they got up and pushed u back
How was there facial expressions did they have any?