PDA

View Full Version : Torpedoes

robj250
03-06-2006, 06:10 AM
I just started my first patrol, fired my 3 torpedoes and have two left, but when I check on their loading progress it says they are in "queue". Why?

robj250
03-06-2006, 06:10 AM
I just started my first patrol, fired my 3 torpedoes and have two left, but when I check on their loading progress it says they are in "queue". Why?

Silent_runner
03-06-2006, 06:19 AM
Make sure that you have enough people in your torpedo room and that they are well rested.

Hopefully that works... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

U734
03-06-2006, 07:09 AM
And that you're not running in silent mode

robj250
03-06-2006, 07:33 AM
I was running on surface, with the first Uboat in the career option and my realism was 26% and I obtained all the crew I could from Barracks and there were mem in the torpedo compartment

Silent_runner
03-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Make sure that the men in the torpedo compartment don't have the "!" above their heads (When using no mods), or a black square.

Try to switch some men around from the resting quarters to the torpedo room replacing the ones there.

That should work, unless you have the "silent running" mode on as U734 stated. Next to your green stealth meter there should be some icons visibile then showing you that you are running on silent.

Check this link, maybe that will make things more clear to ya..http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Good luck!!

http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=T...#Reloading_torpedoes (http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Torpedoes#Reloading_torpedoes)

Jose.MaC
03-06-2006, 08:16 AM
put as much people as you can in the torpedo compartment. The complement of the ship is so low that you may want to leave skeleton crew in engines to ensure you can load torpedo. And, if in surface, move your sonar man to torpedo room. The more hands, the better chances you have.

Acunnon
03-06-2006, 11:07 AM
try putting higher ranking men in the torp room, higher ranking petty officers, higher ranking seamen, throw an officer in there also, I use my WO.

vanjast
03-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Bloody Mutiness bastards.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

As they say... make sure the crew is rested, you're not in 'Silent Mode' (Z-Key), you have enough crew in the torpedo room, AND you have automatic loading selected (else you must [mouse]drag the torp over)

Shoot them with your Luger I say..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Foehammer-1
03-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Give the officer a Torpedoman qualification between patrols

MORRDUBAY
03-06-2006, 08:18 PM
make sure your tube doors r shut i had it happen to me once where my outer door stayed open i was going to the torp screen and it kept saying quere and in the end i was just looking at my ship from the outside 3d view and saw that the door to the tube was open so i went to a screen where u can slect torps and hit "W"(close tub) its a game glich and dosent happen often

robj250
03-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Thanks, I didn't know that.

robj250
03-07-2006, 07:45 AM
How do I do that when I'm at base?

Goosen83
03-07-2006, 07:49 AM
What exactly?

FDNYFAN
03-07-2006, 08:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MORRDUBAY:
make sure your tube doors r shut i had it happen to me once where my outer door stayed open i was going to the torp screen and it kept saying quere and in the end i was just looking at my ship from the outside 3d view and saw that the door to the tube was open so i went to a screen where u can slect torps and hit "W"(close tub) its a game glich and dosent happen often </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They close automatticly when you fired a torpedo.

MORRDUBAY
03-07-2006, 09:00 AM
yes i know they normaly do but it happened to me once and only once where after firing the door stayed open so i had to manualy shut it

robj250
03-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks for all the help regarding the torpedo problem I had. Now, if anyone knows where I can get a hold of the Aces of the Deep Grid Map I will really be happy.

robj250
03-09-2006, 10:25 AM
I tried that but it would not let me do it.

robj250
03-09-2006, 10:27 AM
How did you get your WO in there, I tried and it would not let me.

mpresti
06-25-2006, 01:08 PM
It doesn't reload, I'm on the surface, not in silent running mode. I really dislike this game, the gameplay stinks because there are no instructions.

I go to the weapons officer and click on weapons management, I try to drag a torpedo from external reserves over to the empty bays, nothing happens.

turnip_tick
06-25-2006, 11:51 PM
well your obviously doing something simple and basic wrong. perhaps a series of screen shots showing every step of your proccess.
at 20 whatever percent realism, it should load automaticly. if you don't have silent running on. if you have men in the compartment, if they are not wore out. also keep in mind that they load in real time. if it says 58 minutes then it will take almost an hour. if it says 58 min. then two things, one is you dont have enough crew and two is accelerate time. if it says waiting in que then its one of three things, A) silent running B) no crew C) tired crew. its not a game play issue. if you didn't get directions then i must wonder where you got your copy. mine is the CD and i got a map, a book and a keyboard card. if its the downloaded version then i would think it must have come with directions in a PDF format. not sure about this as i don't have that version.
but if you came here do dump on a game that all here enjoy then i would humbly ask that you not. your questions were answered and there are plenty of ppl here that will help further if needed.
one last question while im thinking of it, does this happen in all scenarios or is it just in campaign/single mission/training it could be that you need to reinstall if you are 100% positive that everything is correct again well rested and enough crew and no silent running

lecek
06-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Checklist.

-Hit 'y' 6 times.

-Hit 'z' until your are sure you are not silent running.

-Make sure you have crew in the compartment and its meter is at least half way.

-If you are in an IX and the tube in question is the aft tube, ignore the message and run at high compression for 15 mins and see if the torpedo has had any more progress loading.