PDA

View Full Version : Fanfic Questions

BearViking
12-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Howdy.
So I'm writing a fanfic.
Oh man... after I typed that sentence I kind of felt ashamed... but yeah. I don't usually fall so totally in love with a franchise but Assassins Creed has won me (and my GF) over in a huge way. The universe is so beautiful and complex yet coherent and logical (though so beautifully over the top) and the games themselves are true masterpieces of gaming. We feel almost like these games are designed specifically for us since it touches on literally everything we love.
To the point, I have some questions on established AC lore that I haven't really been able to get answered.
Were the Assassins and the Templars enemies before Altair? I've read that they sparred several times through history (through the ages of the Roman Empire, for example) but was it a conscious battle between factions like it turned into after the Crusades? Or did the Assassins just happen to bump off Templars here and there because they were the jerks in power?
Did the Assassins know about the Pieces of Eden before the crusades, or was this information kept by the Templars? I know Altair didn't know about it, but his boss wasn't the most open and trustworthy individual.
Do we know anything about Assassin Orders in other parts of the globe? I read the emails about the modern factions in Brotherhood, and the comics show some in Russia and America, and we have the map of the planet with the assassin symbols all over it. My GF also told me about an email in Shaun's folder in Brotherhood that mentions his "Viking past" but I can't seem to find it and don't know if it is Assassin related. Did they exist in other parts of Africa, Asia and Europe pre-crusades or were they only in the Middle East until Altair changed things?

I have a few ideas for a Viking-era fanfic, which would be set prior to the events of the first Assassins Creed, during the Viking Age.
My initial idea was for a short story set around the Piece of Eden shown on the Codex map, which appears to be in Hellissandur, Iceland (which is where the Snæfellsjökull glacier is located, which is where Jules Verne placed the passage to the center of the Earth in his novel).
My initial idea, which I just thought up about an hour ago, was that the Templars recovered the piece from the glacier and took it to the monastery at Lindisfarne in England. In the year 793 the Assassins raided Lindisfarne and recovered the piece, which is the first recorded Viking raid on England and the event that jump-started the Viking Age. Eventually I'd have more stories about the Viking Assassins, who were based out of the Heathen temple at Uppsala in Sweden, and cameos by characters from the Icelandic Sagas. I'd also throw in Ahmad Ibn Fadlan and probably end with the Assassin king turned Templar traitor Harold Blue-Tooth. Or I might end with the birth of the first Assassin Order in the Americas.
I want my fiction to actually work with established AC lore.
I'm also a costume and prop maker (though I don't do "cosplay," and my costumes are limited to halloween and maybe a Renfaire) and I'd love to make some Viking-style Assassin gear and costumes. I already have a white-fur hood planned out in my head...

BearViking
12-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Howdy.
So I'm writing a fanfic.
Oh man... after I typed that sentence I kind of felt ashamed... but yeah. I don't usually fall so totally in love with a franchise but Assassins Creed has won me (and my GF) over in a huge way. The universe is so beautiful and complex yet coherent and logical (though so beautifully over the top) and the games themselves are true masterpieces of gaming. We feel almost like these games are designed specifically for us since it touches on literally everything we love.
To the point, I have some questions on established AC lore that I haven't really been able to get answered.
Were the Assassins and the Templars enemies before Altair? I've read that they sparred several times through history (through the ages of the Roman Empire, for example) but was it a conscious battle between factions like it turned into after the Crusades? Or did the Assassins just happen to bump off Templars here and there because they were the jerks in power?
Did the Assassins know about the Pieces of Eden before the crusades, or was this information kept by the Templars? I know Altair didn't know about it, but his boss wasn't the most open and trustworthy individual.
Do we know anything about Assassin Orders in other parts of the globe? I read the emails about the modern factions in Brotherhood, and the comics show some in Russia and America, and we have the map of the planet with the assassin symbols all over it. My GF also told me about an email in Shaun's folder in Brotherhood that mentions his "Viking past" but I can't seem to find it and don't know if it is Assassin related. Did they exist in other parts of Africa, Asia and Europe pre-crusades or were they only in the Middle East until Altair changed things?

I have a few ideas for a Viking-era fanfic, which would be set prior to the events of the first Assassins Creed, during the Viking Age.
My initial idea was for a short story set around the Piece of Eden shown on the Codex map, which appears to be in Hellissandur, Iceland (which is where the Snæfellsjökull glacier is located, which is where Jules Verne placed the passage to the center of the Earth in his novel).
My initial idea, which I just thought up about an hour ago, was that the Templars recovered the piece from the glacier and took it to the monastery at Lindisfarne in England. In the year 793 the Assassins raided Lindisfarne and recovered the piece, which is the first recorded Viking raid on England and the event that jump-started the Viking Age. Eventually I'd have more stories about the Viking Assassins, who were based out of the Heathen temple at Uppsala in Sweden, and cameos by characters from the Icelandic Sagas. I'd also throw in Ahmad Ibn Fadlan and probably end with the Assassin king turned Templar traitor Harold Blue-Tooth. Or I might end with the birth of the first Assassin Order in the Americas.
I want my fiction to actually work with established AC lore.
I'm also a costume and prop maker (though I don't do "cosplay," and my costumes are limited to halloween and maybe a Renfaire) and I'd love to make some Viking-style Assassin gear and costumes. I already have a white-fur hood planned out in my head...

JAHman28
12-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Sounds brilliant and really deep.

I look forward to reading it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif